The "Devil's Feud Cake" Hoax?

wiley207

For a long time, it was believed that with the 1963 Looney Tunes cartoon "Devil's Feud Cake" (Friz Freleng), in the original theatrical version when Yosemite Sam arrives in Hell, Satan greets Sam with "Well, who in Hell are you?" Well, someone on a Facebook animation chat group brought up that someone he knows obtained a 35mm theatrical release print of "Devil's Feud Cake," and confirmed that in it Satan actually says to Yosemite Sam, "What the Devil is your name?" just like on TV and the HBO Max print. So it sounds like the alleged "Who in Hell are you?" line was just either a rumor or a false memory (maybe it was spoken in the "Satan's Waitin'" episode of "The Bugs Bunny Show" this cartoon was adapted from?)

Pooky

I remember heading this rumour in the late 90s (along with a fabled "Wile E gets blasted into the sun" ending of Chaser on the Rocks, since proven false). I wouldn't say I thought there was no chance, but it always sounded unlikely to me.

wiley207

I remember heading this rumour in the late 90s (along with a fabled "Wile E gets blasted into the sun" ending of Chaser on the Rocks, since proven false)
Oh yes, I remember that one. I'm betting Wile E. getting blasted into the sun was in the original script/storyboards for "Chaser on the Rocks," but it was never animated, and whoever compiled that WB short subject release sheet for theater personnel probably looked at the original storyboards instead of the finished cartoon.

Pooky

Yes, quite possibly, or maybe the sheet was written from the storyboards and it was assumed that it would be animated, but it was cut thanks to that late 60s Warner Bros penny pinching.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

This cell was owned by June Foray.

Today is officially my 19th birthday!
The birthday thread is not updated since RegularCapital's birthday. If someone wants to greet, go to that thread.
Asa
Finally started playing Mario Sunshine on Nintendo Switch after many years.

I never got to finish the whole game as a kid, so I'll be able to finish it for the first time, ever :D.
So, the new Crispy Chicken Sandwich at McDonald's is just a glorified and more expensive version of the McChicken...without mayonnaise. But wait! If you pay more for the DELUXE Crispy Chicken sandwich, you CAN get mayonnaise :rolleyes:
harry580 wrote on ShadowBlinky's profile.
hey, I like your profile pic because Horton hears a who is my favorite movie

Featured Posts