"The Death and Return of Superman" Classic Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment on This Classic Video Game!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
With the arrival of Superman Doomsday (Feature Talkback, DVD Talkback), what better time to discuss the "classic" video game based on the characters and storylines that influenced the new Superman animated movie?

350px-Deathandreturnofsuperman2.JPG

Synopsis:
The Death and Return of Superman is based on the popular DC Comics The Death of Superman and The Reign of the Supermen." Doomsday is in the process of destroying Metropolis, and it's up to you as Superman to put an end to his destructive ways. You'll have to fight through his army of goons, and then prepare for the ultimate showdown with Doomsday himself. If you defeat your nemesis, you actually both die and you assume the role of one of the other heroes who claim to be the "real" Superman The Cyborg, The Eradicator, The Man of Steel, or Superboy and start over again. Each Superman has unique powers, and each will require a different approach to be successful. If you can make it through the game as all five men, the truth will be revealed! Available for SNES and Sega Genesis.

Comments?

Related Threads:
-Superman Doomsday Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
-Superman Doomsday DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
-Superman/Doomsday DVD Review (Spoilers)
-Superman: The Death of Superman Classic Talkback (Spoilers)
-Superman: World Without A Superman Classic Talkback (Spoilers)
-Superman: The Return of Superman Classic Talkback (Spoilers)
-Superman/Doomsday Graphic Novel Talkback (Spoilers)
-Superman: The Death and Return of Superman Hardcover Talkback (Spoilers)
-Superman: The Ultimate Collector's Edition DVD Talkback (Spoilers)

Lord Dalek

Uncreative Hack
Poor Blizzard, they had to toil in the trenches developing crap like this and then suddenly they become kings of the universe with Warcraft. Talk about a massive leap.

Wonderwall

Staff member
Any Superman game that has bullets hurt you is an automatic fail. Screw this, this game sucked.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts