The Day Is Saved: Marvel And Sony Reach New Spider-Man Agreement

Peter Paltridge

Out To Lunch
Staff member
Looks like there will be a Homecoming for Peter Parker after all. Variety reports that Marvel and Sony have reached a new deal to continue the integration of Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Before Marvel was ever a cinematic powerhouse, they were facing bankruptcy in the late 90s and had to sell off the movie rights to some of their properties. Sony acquired the Spider-Man rights at this time, and owns them in perpetuity so long as they create one feature film starring the character every three years.
After Sony tried to go it alone against Marvel and pretty much failed, they called for detente and entered an agreement with Marvel to co-create the next take on the character. Under the original deal, Sony would keep the majority of each movie’s profits but Marvel would reap 100% of merchandising dollars. The deal expired this summer and Marvel wanted a 50/50 split on movie...

Continue reading...

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm watched the Godzilla vs kong trailer
He made a 6 hour video talking about every Simpsons episode.

I am 24 years old today.
I pick the voice actor for Spiderman. Guess who.

I finished the final issue of Gilda And Meek (Gilda And Meek #33 "Dark Child: Part Two: The Pilot, Un-Iverse #47) today. I had been planning it for 30 years, and it ended exactly the way it did in my fifteen-year-old head. This is a milestone I NEVER expected to reach. Huge day for me.

Featured Posts