"The Dark TV Vault Is Real" Talkback

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

pacman000

Jun 5, 2017
Careful. If a capacitor does break the released chemicals can eat up the traces on the circuit board.

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
SO MUCH PAIN
There's a possibility that VHS could make a comeback like vinyl, and to a lesser extent cassettes. Then we'll see what happens. Urban Outfitters, for their part, is currently selling five random VHS movies in "mystery packs" for a whopping $40.

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
The unthinkable happened: the other guy with the giant tape collection confirmed he's alive. This was after multiple presses from those involved in the project as well as the guy who sold the tapes to him.

I made some promises and I am good for them. I encountered some unforeseen personal problems coupled with a personal injury that sidelined me for months. I could have and indeed should have handled my communication about this to all a lot better

The tapes are fine - Most are at a climate controlled space near my apartment.

I am still dedicated to this project, otherwise I would have reached out to all to pass things on. One does not accept this responsibly (physical, monetary) and just lay on it - although that's what it outwardly appears.

Please expect to hear from me soon.
I don't expect to hear from him soon. But this throws out my Witness Protection theory (unless this Email was written by the Mob).

Here's someone else who had a lot of tapes:
It makes me wonder how many people out there went this gonzo when VHS first became a product. This person married wealthy and was able to record 70,000 tapes before she died. Those are now in the possession of Archive.org, but not very many are on the site yet.

Reactions: TheMisterFree

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
SO MUCH PAIN
Here's someone else who had a lot of tapes:
It makes me wonder how many people out there went this gonzo when VHS first became a product. This person married wealthy and was able to record 70,000 tapes before she died. Those are now in the possession of Archive.org, but not very many are on the site yet.
WHOA! That is insane. Makes me hopeful that there's someone in Newfoundland who recorded a lot of stuff. Closest I could ever find is one of my aunts.