The Cancelled 90s Wonder Woman Cartoon That Almost Happened

Latest News & Videos

StrangeMan

Did you know that there was a Wonder Woman being made in the early 90s? It's notable for being the only cartoon show that was ever being developed for Wonder Woman, also, if it had been released, it*would've been the only 90s DC Cartoon that wasn't connected to the DCAU.

Thanks for taking the time, I'm working on a youtube channel focused on unproduced Comic Book projects, mainly animated ones, so if that sounds interesting to you I invite you to subscribe to my channel if you want to hear about more cancelled and unproduced projects. Any feedback would also be much appreciated
smile.png

Otaku-sempai

Yes, I know of Wonder Woman and the Star Riders. It would have essentially featured Wonder Woman, Ice, Dolphin and new characters in a Magical Girl show with an environmental theme, rather like a cross between Sailor Moon and Captain Planet.

Otaku-sempai

This always reminds me of Princess Gwenivere and the Jewel Riders.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
I don't think that there is a direct connection; Princess Gwenevere and the Jewel Riders seems to have sprung originally from an attempt to adapt Anne McCaffrey's The Dragonriders of Pern.

Frontier

Staff member
This looked pretty interesting :).

Just the idea of Wonder Woman finally having her own 90's cartoon is pretty fascinating in and of itself, all the moreso because of how much it seemed to predict DC Super Hero Girls in some regards (you could even see Prussia eventually developing into Eclipso) ;).

Although, compared to Batman: The Animated Series and Superman: The Animated Series it does feel little more...80's by comparison, if that makes any sense.

StrangeMan

Yes, I know of Wonder Woman and the Star Riders. It would have essentially featured Wonder Woman, Ice, Dolphin and new characters in a Magical Girl show with an environmental theme, rather like a cross between Sailor Moon and Captain Planet.
Precisely! It also seemed similar to She-Ra, it very much had the style of an 80s cartoon.

This looked pretty interesting :).

Just the idea of Wonder Woman finally having her own 90's cartoon is pretty fascinating in and of itself, all the moreso because of how much it seemed to predict DC Super Hero Girls in some regards (you could even see Prussia eventually developing into Eclipso) ;).

Although, compared to Batman: The Animated Series and Superman: The Animated Series it does feel little more...80's by comparison, if that makes any sense.
Yes, it's very much like the 90s version of DC Super Hero Girls! Only it would've had Wonder Woman as the brand name, and considering how successful DC Super Hero Girls is nowadays it really would've helped Wonder Woman's popularity.

Also, I agree, next to the style of BTAS and STAS it doesn't quite fit, one thing I forgot to mention in the video is that if the show had come out it would've been the only 90s DC Cartoon not to be set in the DCAU, which would've been prety interesting and would've caused some confusion with younger viewers I imagine.

Thank you all for watching btw, I really appreciate it :D