The Bright Side of JLU

Kazuya

konakazi said:
Aren't there enough 'real world' stories so that we can avoid endless "alternate reality" stories? Besides we alread had the Justice Lords in "A Better World".

On a seperate note I really liked seeing Giganta, and her voice was perfect.

Bring back Lori Petty as Livewire!!! :D
Ya well I still would love to see the Justice Lords turned into the evil Crime Syndicate.

Yes Giganta was cool but not as cool as bizzarro in luv with her,,lol that was 2 funny:D

Ps. I allways like the "alternate reality" story episodes the best but thats just me.

konakazi

Dee Dee's Better Half
Nothing wrong with having them, but I think there are alot of characters to still be explored without having more alternate versions of core characters appearing. Just my opinion.

Bizarro and Giganta together. Too great. I've got the Bizarro maquette. Now if only they would make Giganta! :D

Kazuya

konakazi said:
Nothing wrong with having them, but I think there are alot of characters to still be explored without having more alternate versions of core characters appearing. Just my opinion.

Bizarro and Giganta together. Too great. I've got the Bizarro maquette. Now if only they would make Giganta! :D
They kinda would be like new characters UltraMan,, SuperWoman,, OwlMan,, Johnny Quick,, ect maybe even a few new ones.

That would be a dream ep for me is all. The whole time I was watching a better world I was thinking Crime Syndicate.

b.t.

Kazuya said:
Ya well I still would love to see the Justice Lords turned into the evil Crime Syndicate.

fun fact: "a better world" STARTED OUT as a straight-up crime syndicate story, but evolved into something else while we were "breaking" the plot.....

'nuther fun fact: "worlds collide", the currently still-on-hold JL dtv, featured the jl vs. (you guessed it) the crime syndicate...(obviously, we like alternate universe stories, too)....

maybe someday....

DLM

Greenman
b.t. said:
fun fact: "a better world" STARTED OUT as a straight-up crime syndicate story, but evolved into something else while we were "breaking" the plot.....
I would have rather had the striaght up story then. :/

DLM

Greenman
b.t. said:
I didn't like "a better world" that much... Oh, it had some great scenes... But I think an actual "Crime Syndicate" episode would have been better.

The end product " A better world" felt too gimicky. Whoah! here's bad-guy Superman Whoah here's lobotomized Joker and Ivy... Whoah... here''s Doomsday. Whoah.. heres... ahhh forget it .. .Im not payiing attention anymore. Thats how I felt. Even the celebrated Bruce Vs Bruce scene felt contrived to me. But that just me. I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Revelator

Loathsome spotted reptile
b.t. said:
'nuther fun fact: "worlds collide", the currently still-on-hold JL dtv, featured the jl vs. (you guessed it) the crime syndicate...(obviously, we like alternate universe stories, too)....
It sounds tantalizing, but I have the feeling that if a DTV is finally greenlighted, by that point the suits will want it to incorporate the newer characters from JLU, which might result in the original script being jettisoned yet again. Someday, when the DCAU is just a memory, I'd really like to see some of those unused scripts, like the "ultra-dark" Batman Beyond Catwoman one, published or at least made available for fans to peruse.

Arsenal

Magneto was right
Someday, when the DCAU is just a memory, I'd really like to see some of those unused scripts, like the "ultra-dark" Batman Beyond Catwoman one, published or at least made available for fans to peruse.
Probably an issue for another thread, but yes, I agree so fervently I feel the need to use italics. Yes.

My moment of glory came when the we saw Sheriff Ohiyesa Smith. I own a copy of Detective Comics #151, and I never thought I would get to see him. I geeked out fantastically because I am part Lakota. Some people here want a Nightwing TAS or Green Lantern Corp Show. I would tune in every week for an Ohiyesa show.

konakazi

Dee Dee's Better Half
DLM said:
I didn't like "a better world" that much... Oh, it had some great scenes... But I think an actual "Crime Syndicate" episode would have been better.

The end product " A better world" felt too gimicky. Whoah! here's bad-guy Superman Whoah here's lobotomized Joker and Ivy... Whoah... here''s Doomsday. Whoah.. heres... ahhh forget it .. .Im not payiing attention anymore. Thats how I felt. Even the celebrated Bruce Vs Bruce scene felt contrived to me. But that just me. I suppose.
Too gimmicky? As opposed to "mirror world" versions? C'mon.

Your criticism of the episode gets pretty thin when you just add a ham-fisted sarcastic tone. You could describe anything that way. Why not just make fart sounds next time someone asks you your opinion?

Doomsday being lobotimized and the press' reaction were nice touches. Probably my favorite scene in that episode was the "whoah" version of Arkham. The new tone of the Joker's voice was so creepy, and the delivery of "but Wonder Woman was supposed to say it" was great.

Poison Ivy's "I don't care about much of anything anymore" was hilarious. I thought for sure she was going to raise the alarm for the flower picking.

I'm surprised there haven't already been some direct-to-video JL movies.

I'd love to see something on par with ROTJ in terms of a darker tone.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
b.t. said:

maybe someday....
Do what you have to to get this DTV released. I would love a Justice League movie.

Stupid Warner Home Video. The amount of cool sounding DTVs they just up and abandon is aggravating. I would really hate for Mystery of the Batwoman to be the last DCAU DTV ever.

DerekPowers

Ruler of Gotham City, 2049
b.t. said:
fun fact: "a better world" STARTED OUT as a straight-up crime syndicate story, but evolved into something else1\0\05{\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0eaking" the plot.....

maybe someday....
cool. I'd love an original JL movie. A JLU one would be cool too, but a JL one, yeah, i'd love that one, and itd be cool cause it would take place between the shows, kind of like how the "Cowboy Bebop" movie took place some time before the series ended, but was made after. yeah.

Hey, b. t., since we're on the subject, hows about a few 'fun facts' about the story of the ill-fated, pitch black, Catwoman BB DTV? Hmmmm :D . I'm sure Revelator and I wouldnt be the only two whod love that. Come one, please, please, please!! Throw a dog a bone!

eh hem, yeah, PLEASSSSSE. :p

peace.

efumf

Behold the DCAnimatedUniverse!
b.t. - is there any way JLU characters and ideas could be incorporated into the JL DTV so it can still be made? And was the Dark Catwoman story actually written, or just pitched?

I miss Batman Beyond so much :(

And since I'm asking questions that probably won't get answers - Have you ever read Ed Brubaker's Sleeper from DC/Wildstorm? Do you think it would make a good animated show for Adult Swim or HBO?

DLM

Greenman
konakazi said:
Doomsday being lobotimized and the press' reaction were nice touches. Probably my favorite scene in that episode was the "whoah" version of Arkham. The new tone of the Joker's voice was so creepy, and the delivery of "but Wonder Woman was supposed to say it" was great.
Well, I just disagree thats all. Nothing wrong with that. We all have opinions, and some are even bright enough to be able express our opinions without calling other people's opinions fart sounds.

Last edited by a moderator:

EJill34

b.t. said:

maybe someday....
I'll do anything to get that JL DTV. Seeing the Crime Syndicate would be kickass. Just thinking about it makes me want to go out and buy a new pair of pants.

Crossdive

The World Is A Thorn - DH
DisneyBoy said:
Let's face it...we're critical. To what extent varies from person to person, but I feel like for all my occasional complaints, I should do something to show b.t. and the crew behind the show that there are many little things I really appreciate having seen happen on JLU. Feel free to join in :)

Thank you for using Circe! I was hoping she'd make an appearance on JL since it began, and within the first six episodes of JLU, I not only got to see her, but Ares as well. Those were really nice surprises.

I was most especially pleased (believe it or not) to see the bystanders in "Wake the Dead" erupted at Shayera. It's always nice to see writers try and continue ideas that were introduced, and I was worried that the mistrust between Hawkgirl and humanity was going to be glossed over. Instead, you've built upon that idea, which is really rewarding for those of us who enjoy the longer arcs.

Finally, I really loved that camera shot which featured several of the JLU blasting Amazo as he approached earth in "The Return". Great effects work and smoothe character animation.

I could go on, but I'm curious to know what about JLU has really put a smile on other viewers' faces...
to sum it up, my one and only pet peeve with JLU is when they get into the whole mystic spells and stuff, though that didn't totally kill Wake the Dead, which I found a very moving episode. This Little Piggy was over the top for me though. but other than that, I am JLU crazed!! I have seen every ep of the show and I am constantly following it, I was especially impressed with the clever twists and turns in The Cat and the Canary, which had awe-inspiring art, smooth animation, and some of THE best fight scenes to date... not to mention a perfect mix of action, drama, suspence, romance, clever plot, character introduction and development, and humor...:cool:

Karkull

Eldritch Lord of Chaos
Staff member
b.t. said:

maybe someday....
Aw-awwwwwww!!!

WB execs, please give them the DTV! Come on!

Hey, wait a sec, isn't this the same DTV that was going to have the origin of Wonder Woman's invisible jet? You know, the one that was originally going to be called "Fearful Symmetry?"

b.t.

Karkull said:
Hey, wait a sec, isn't this the same DTV that was going to have the origin of Wonder Woman's invisible jet? You know, the one that was originally going to be called "Fearful Symmetry?"

yep

Hero Supreme

Mr Jinx No More
Karkull said:
Aw-awwwwwww!!!

WB execs, please give them the DTV! Come on!

is it too big of a leap to speculate that WW's jet was "requisitioned" from alternate universe WW? EUREKA! that makes sense!

i just hope no decisons are made at WB based on sales of the first JLU DVD, unless those decisions involve increasing quality to a reasonable level.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts