The Brand New Dream Thread

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Dreamt today that Disney Channel Asia started showing Disney Channel India's current local series. I told @animegamer that the worst was yet to come, and that both the Indian and Asian feeds would merge under India's leadership.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
Dreamt earlier that Jetix still had the 2004 announcer(not Brian Donovan), and their transition bumper to ABC Family consisted of a Fox-Family-2000-esque next sequence for a block on ABC Family called "Zoog Disney", inside the Jetix city TV screen, and the announcer called the network "stupid".

Dr.Pepper

I had a dream a couple weeks ago where I saw an alternate version of The Lion King. In this version, Mufasa never died and Simba grew up in the pridelands. Whenever a lion comes of age, Rafiki takes them to a magic pond where they would put their nose in and the pond would reveal their best quality. Simba was nervous to do it, but Mufasa told him that when he did it his best quality was being a leader and Sarabi’s best quality was that she could understand people’s feelings. It came the night for Simba to put his nose in the pond and Scar hid in the grass to spy on him.

Tacomaster

I had a dream a couple weeks ago where I saw an alternate version of The Lion King. In this version, Mufasa never died and Simba grew up in the pridelands. Whenever a lion comes of age, Rafiki takes them to a magic pond where they would put their nose in and the pond would reveal their best quality. Simba was nervous to do it, but Mufasa told him that when he did it his best quality was being a leader and Sarabi’s best quality was that she could understand people’s feelings. It came the night for Simba to put his nose in the pond and Scar hid in the grass to spy on him.
Sounds great.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
On Saturday I had an odd dream where Akash DTH in Bangladesh removed all of its channels minus one (BTV National IIRC). I later checked Disney+, despite it not being legally available in Portugal. However the interface wasn't the same - it was technically the same as RealArcade between 2000 and 2002 - right down to the excess of gray. However, I realized that the catalog had 18+ content - something Disney would have never done in real life.

Today I was dreaming with an episode of The Simpsons. The SImpsons themselves - and even the Wiggum family - were invited to see some sort of Avengers movie. In a situation similar to a typical modern Simpsons episode, Chief Wiggum had to drop an Infinity Gauntlet (complete with the gems) to a paper bag. After some time, Marge took Bart to the kitchen table, while repeatedly saying "What's a rerun?" five times, possibly because the film was a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Yesterday I dreamt that there was a campus of my university near home, yet I don't know what was it about. I then realized that there was a book, supposedly by an Italian brand of water, with a merman king promoting it and causing ruckus of some sort. The book suddenly disappeared and no trace of it was found.

Today I was dreaming about cartoons featuring merbears, including one where some guy becomes a merbear, with a green tail.

Dr.Pepper

Last night I had a dream that there was a Kids Next Door special. All I remember was that Numbuh 1 was the only character with a major role and he ended up jumping down a sewer to meet up with the British KND. I invited my friend to see the movie and we watched it in a classroom. She gave me Mulan’s phone number and directions to get to the zoo. I was excited to go to the zoo when I remembered that the only way to get there was on the freeway.

Tacomaster

I had a dream a few nights ago that there was a very tall Brick skyscraper with stock price LED lights... and a GIANT DAIRY QUEEN LOGO ON TOP OF IT. I called it the Dairy Queen Building, but my Dad said that it was just a building that happened to feature a Dairy Queen. Also, my name was Mark for some reason.

Think that’s weird? The night after, I dreamt that someone had made fanmade TTG puppets for not Flash, but Powerpoint. The Titans(TTG, of course) saw this and quickly lost it over the fact that they weren’t real(never mind that they knew they weren’t real in the show itself, because This is a dream). Raven, in particular, couldn’t take the revelation and died.

Then Raven showed up. You know, despite the fact that she was supposed to be dead. Despite the fact that the body was still there. Raven examined dead Raven and tried to bring her back to life. When the spell didn’t work, Raven deduced that Raven’s ghost was haunting the Tower. (Her exact words were: “Then there must be a GHOST!”) Before anyone can suspect Raven of being Raven’s ghost, the scene cuts to some spooky green bedroom in the Titans tower. Intense mock-metal music starts to play. Some blue mist goes into a teddy bear(likely Starfire’s), and it’s eyes turned red. A deep, scary/cool voiceover and some gold text reveal the identity of the spirit possessing the bear: Bob Iger.

That Bob Iger. Disney CEO Bob Iger. I can tell because the gold text above Bob’s name simply read “DISNEY”. (The voiceover’s words, as far is I remember, were “Get ready for Bob Iger”.) Then I woke up, which is a shame as I really want to see what happened next.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Today I dreamt that I was going to watch a pirated version of Endgame. And someone told me that there was an overt religious message towards the end. I watched like one minute because that was all my class (this was set in my old school) was going to see. As it turns out we were all perplexed because it wasn't even Endgame.

Tacomaster

The other night, I dreamt that I was dreaming multiple dreams at once, and when I thought I'd woken up, I was in another dream.

Dantheman

Gee, I never thought about that...
26850558_1525116704209746_2081158051893966464_o.jpg

I ALWAYS have dreams of stuff from the first two panels of this comic.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I haven't posted here in a long while.

Recently I had two dreams related to Cartoon Network Africa, for the first time in like four or five years.

On May 15, I dreamt that it was back on NOS, the channel was airing old CN shows like PPG 1998 and Billy and Mandy, yet oddly enough, when I switched it on, the EPG was wrong and they were airing Teen Titans. Not Teen Titans GO!, the 2003 series. The series that CN EMEA never aired. (though they aired Trouble in Tokyo in 2015)

Today I had another dream, this time CN Africa appeared in two instances. First, during Ben 10 (it was vague, it didn't specify what variety of Ben 10 it was). It looked like a more serious version of the reboot but with elements of Ben 10: Omniverse. The bug was on the bottom right and there was a grey bar with some text in it, IDK what it was but it was some sort of action block. Later on, when it was almost 2am in the dream, I was watching Ed, Edd n Eddy on there - a fictional episode from the fourth season, inspired by It's Way Ed. By the end of the episode the friends (minus the Eds) were trying to create a new trend where they were flying, however the Eds think that they are incompetent and they give up. It was followed by the end credits, however the pushback appeared near the end of the credits. The current CN Production endtag followed (but the background was all white) and a voice-over said "Produced at a.k.a. CARTOON" (without its logo appearing, but with its theme playing) and then, oddly enough, the classic CN ripple followed. Then a NEXT bumper for Teen Titans GO!, where the announcer was honest about it being overplayed.

Incidentally, the announcer was the same as the one CN USA used for most of the 2010s. Strange considering that this is CN Africa.

Dr.Pepper

Last night I had a dream that there was an special episode of Kids Next Door that was on Adult Swim because it had a lot of swearing. It was about Sector V meeting a guy who was a former KND member but his brains were scrambled when he had is memory removed. I got HBOMax and that episode was there, but the swearing was removed.

Tacomaster

The night before last, I had a dream where Fox Corp launched a kids network called(get this) Fox News Kids. The network had a Christian slant to it- Butch Hartman’s The Garden aired on it.

Dr.Pepper

I had a dream that there was a lost episode of Cow & Chicken that was supposed to be a series finale. It was 22-minute episode about Chicken trying to prove that he was mature enough to be left home alone. The mom took Cow to the dentist and the dad was at work. Chicken was in the living room when a sheep that looked Bellwether from Zootopia came to the door. It turned out that The Red Guy sent her.

Tacomaster

Last night, I dreamed that there were different/international versions of Qubo. I learned that the “Spanish” version(likely the Spanish multicast of the US version, but could also be a version in Spain or Latin America) had Funniest Pets and People and Zoo Clues back in 2007, where we English-speakers didn’t get them until the 2010s(although I’d be concerned that they had Zoo Clues despite that not premiering until 2012, although Funniest Pets and People premiered in 2006, so it’s just a little more plausible). Also, around 2009-ish, that “Spanish” version had an action block. I don’t know if Class of the Titans aired there, but I do know Totally Spies, of all shows, did. A Spider-Man show might have aired there as well. There was also a UK version, but I never checked into what aired there.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts