"The Best Summer Ever" 2018 News & Discussion

Latest News

Jun 10, 2016
Ratings
505 9
Cartoon Network is shoving us with a load of premieres this summer. We will get new episodes of specific shows every hour. All the new episodes for each specific show premiere on the Monday of that week, then they replay throughout that same day as well as the rest of the week).

The programs that will air new episodes during this time so far will be:

- Unikitty!
- Ben 10
- The Amazing World of Gumball
- Teen Titans Go!
- O.K. K.O.! Let's Be Heroes!
- Craig of the Creek

Here's an archive of the new episodes that we got so far:

Show: Unikitty!
Episodes:
"Buggin' Out" (First premiered on Monday, June 4th, at 7:00 AM EST)
"Chair" (First premiered on Monday, June 4th, at 8:00 AM EST)
"Kickflip McPuppycorn" (First premiered on Monday, June 4th, at 9:00 AM EST)
"Super Amazing Raft Adventure" (First premiered on Monday, June 4th, at 10:00 AM EST)
"Tasty Heist" (First premiered on Monday, June 4th, at 11:00 AM EST)

Here's what's coming up this week:

Show: Ben 10
Episodes:
"King Koil" (First premieres on Monday, June 11th, at 7:00 AM EST)
"The Charm Offensive" (First premieres on Monday, June 11th, at 8:00 AM EST)
"Double Hex" (First premieres on Monday, June 11th, at 9:00 AM EST)
"Ye Olde Laser Duel" (First premieres on Monday, June 11th, at 10:00 AM EST)
"Ben Again and Again" (First premieres on Monday, June 11th, at 11:00 AM EST)

NOTE: The new episodes of Clarence on Sundays are not part of the event.

So, what do y'all think about this? I think it's pretty good so far. It's definitely not the best, but it's still decent for what it is. Hopefully they add more shows down the line. This event also reminds me of 2015's "New at 6" Summer event where CN had a different show get a new episode bomb every week.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2015
Ratings
703 14
So, as others have said before in some now glitch-deleted posts, there is currently no mention of Adventure Time, Steven Universe, or Summer Camp Island. I think all of those will air around August, after the last batch of top-of-the-hour premieres airs.

Jun 19, 2015
Ratings
68 5
Wow! That's a lot of new episodes! I'm glad CN is doing this, giving kids a chance to really enjoy their summer. I'm happy for them, and there are quite some episodes here I'd like to see. CN has really improved their schedule recently, giving more room for shows like Unikitty and Craig of the Creek, two shows that have kind of grown on me. I really believe CN is heading in the right direction.

Jun 10, 2016
Ratings
505 9
Ok, we have a few slight changes contrasting from what we were originally expecting. Instead of a series having one new episode a day (during the show's specific week of premieres) and having that episode replay throughout the day, we're actually going to have all the new episodes for the specific week premiere on the same day. Those episodes will then re-air every other hour throughout the day and may also re-air throughout the week. Pretty interesting.

CN aired premiered multiple new episodes for Unikitty and O.K. K.O.! each on the same day (their own specific day) a little bit earlier in the year. I wonder if that was a test run for what we're about to experience this summer.

I also hope that Steven Universe and Adventure Time get the same treatment in the summer. I'm assuming that they will return in August. I know that SU fans will be happy especially;

Toon4Thought

Giving a slightly closer look.
Sep 3, 2013
Ratings
2,883 41
I have no doubt that the exclusion of Steven and Adventure Time are because they are kind of "special cases" compared to the other shows, both being much more serialized. Though they will almost definitely still be around in some form; I think Steven could very well get an app release in June or July.