The Best And Worst Of Disney In 2019

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
So, with 2019 coming to a close, it's time to talk about the best and worst Disney has done this year. It can be from tv , movies, video games, and so forth. Share your thoughts.

Best
- Amphibia being a moderate success
- Big City Greens being a popular show for Disney Channel
- Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure Second half of Season 2 and the first half of Season 3
- Frozen II being a box-office success
- Descendants 3 being a ratings success, especially after the untimely death of the actors, Cameron Boyce.
- Star vs. the Forces of Evil still having a "relatively speaking" loyal fanbase after the series' end, though opinions on it's finale were mixed, and that fans want more.
- The Launch of Disney+ with mostly positive results.
- Miraculous Ladybug airing on Disney Channel in the US.

Worst
- The Lion King's bad reviews from critics
- Kim Possible Live-Action Adaptation was hit or miss, though the same can be said to Aladdin or Lion King
- Milo Murphy's Law in limbo unknown if it will get a third season or not.
- Disney Channel overplaying Jessie
- Some of the negative response Star Vs. got following it's series finale (as a fan, it was painful to see, but I had to mention it, I didn't think it was the worst series finale of like, all time)
- Disney Junior's schedule in the USA for the most part mediocre.
- Disney XD still broadcasting live events of Overwatch League
- The rocky start of Disney+ with some episodes missing, shows not airing in it's original aspect ratio, etc.

Johntoonfan05

Best

Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure second Half of Season 2 and Season 3
Big City Greens being Popular
Star vs the Forces of Evil still having a Fanbase
Toy Story 4 and Frozen being box Office Hits
Avengers Endgame and Spider-Man: Far From Home (Well technically not Disney since the Rights of Spider-Man are still owned by Sony Pictures and won't give the Rights back to Marvel anytime in the Future) being the End of the Infinity Saga.
The Start of Disney+
Miraclous Ladybug being on Disney Channel
Descendants 3 being a Well Being sucess and having a Proper tribute to Cameron Boyce who will be missed.

Worst

The Series Finale of Star vs The Forces of Evil
The Lion King 2019 and Aladdin 2019 getting bad Reviews from Critics which made me Disappointed
Disney XD Airing Live Events of Overwatch Leauge
Disney Channel overplaying Jessie too much.
Kim Possible Live Action Movie
Disney Junior's Schedule in the USA being Mediocre

cyanzacian

Best:
- Release of Disney Classic Games Aladdin and The Lion King
- Rapunzel Tangled Adventure Season 2 and 3
- Amphibia being decent series
- Toy Story 4
- Frozen 2 and its new songs to offer

Worst:
- The stale live-action remake of The Lion King
- Forgettable live-action Dumbo

Best

Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure second Half of Season 2 and Season 3
Big City Greens being Popular
Star vs the Forces of Evil still having a Fanbase
Toy Story 4 and Frozen being box Office Hits
Avengers Endgame and Spider-Man: Far From Home (Well technically not Disney since the Rights of Spider-Man are still owned by Sony Pictures and won't give the Rights back to Marvel anytime in the Future) being the End of the Infinity Saga.
The Start of Disney+
Miraclous Ladybug being on Disney Channel
Descendants 3 being a Well Being sucess and having a Proper tribute to Cameron Boyce who will be missed.

Worst

The Series Finale of Star vs The Forces of Evil
The Lion King 2019 and Aladdin 2019 getting bad Reviews from Critics which made me Disappointed
Disney XD Airing Live Events of Overwatch Leauge
Disney Channel overplaying Jessie too much.
Kim Possible Live Action Movie
Disney Junior's Schedule in the USA being Mediocre
Wow, you copycat.

Toonatic

Best:

-Merger with 20th Century Fox
-Disney+
-Acquiring a majority of worldwide broadcasting rights to Bluey
-Big City Greens being a hit on Disney Channel as well in ratings on cable TV
-Releasing a good deal of recent films on 4K Ultra
-Re-releasing the Star Wars films on DVD/Blu-ray
-Releasing the Infinity Saga in a big box set
-Coming to an agreement with Sony on the rights to Spider-Man after a short spat
-Disney XD still airing video-game related shows and live events

Worst:
-Layoffs at Fox

ToonsJazzLover

This mostly applies to Disney Channel instead of Disney as a company (I don’t follow it as much as Nick/CN):
+ Animation lineup is as strong as ever. Best show is Ducktales 2017. I wish they got the same treatment as Big City Greens and even that show is getting a bit of a continuity
+ they produced their most tolerable It's A Laugh Productions show in a while with Sydney to the Max. The executives must be impressed with it that it’s the first Disney sitcom to be renewed twice before a second season even begins
+ The fact that they're still able to rerun ended shows for the special occasions. I envy Disney for doing this. Nick and CN hardly do it these days and you’ll have to rely on their satellite networks to see old shows.
+/- Oversaturation of Jessie. It hogging the scheduling Is pathetic because the show ended 4 years ago but I get the excuse. See below...
+/- Just Roll With It being an alright addition. While I didn’t liked it first the show grew on me but the writing should need improvement
-BUNK'd. Why is this still show alive?
-Kim Possible live action movie was just unwanted.
-Cameron Boyce's death was a huge loss for the channels (I do get the excuse why they keep rerunning Jessie/Descendants movies).

TsWade2

Let's see,

Best: Mickey Mouse Shorts being on, Tangled the Series, Big Hero 6: The Series, Disney+ getting positive reviews, Legend of the Three Caballeros finally in the U.S., Toy Story 4 and Frozen 2 get positive reviews and box office successes, Just Roll With It a surprising good show, Big City Greens, New Ducktales, and meeting rare characters at Disneyland.

Worst: Star VS the Forces of Evil ending, Making me miss this year's Viva Navidad Street Party show at DCA due of that stupid rain(Which is another story), Disney Live Remakes (Especially the Lion King), Mickey Mouse Shorts going on hiatus or ending, Russi Taylor who's the voice of Minnie Mouse passed away, Descendants, Hannah Montana and other stupid live sitcoms on DIsney+, and House of Mouse not on Disney+ at this time.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts