"The Batman" Live-Action Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

• Today is the last day to enter the Spirited Away: GKids Ticket Giveaway. Enter soon! Details here.

Latest News

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,630 7
Framingham, MA
Is it weird that I think The Dark Knight was the ONLY good live-action Batman movie? Outside of it and Mask Of The Phantasm, I think every other Batman movie released to theaters was either underwhelming (Adam West's Batman movie, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight Rises, Batman v Superman, Justice League) or outright terrible (Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, and Batman And Robin).

Still haven't seen The Lego Batman Movie yet, although I DO own the Blu-Ray. Feel free to shame me for it.

Edit: Wait, I never actually saw Batman and Robin. I'm just going by reputation. I thought the first three 90's Batman movies were awful, and I didn't want to actually have to watch a movie that was supposedly worse than all of them. Mea culpa: I never saw it.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Ratings
2,630 7
Framingham, MA
Sorry but Burton's Batman set a standard for the character. Without it no gruff sounding Batman. Timm used this for BTAS. Yeah, it was weird but what do you want from Burton at his peak?

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk
A decent story without a million holes you can poke in it. Tim Burton is one of the most overrated directors in Hollywood. The only movies he's made that I've liked were Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, Beetlejuice, and Ed Wood. I even think The Nightmare Before Christmas is far too overpraised.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,430 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Ben Affleck is done with rehab and seemingly re-energized to play Batman at least one more time because he feels he's not done yet and likes what Phoenix is doing with his take on the Joker.
Firstly, I'm glad Ben is out of rehab and seeming on the road to recovery :).

As far as his playing Batman...well, there've been a lot of false starts and a lot of "Maybe's" when it comes to his Batman, so I'm not really sure what's going to happen one way or another. I would like to see him come back though ;).

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Stephanie Sheh voicing Izzy Park the same way she does Sailor Moon has me considering the chance of Nazneen Contractor dubbing some "Sailor Moon" episodes I currently dont plan to buy.
Watched the newest Halloween yesterday
I can’t express my unpopular opinions without someone yelling or disagreeing at me why I’m a monster for thinking that way (liking adult animation, SpongeBob’s new episodes are inferior, etc.)
If you have Starz Encore Family (Not Kids & Family, but Family...) 1 hour as of this post, they'll be playing "Inspector Gadget Saves Christmas" and "Sonic Christmas Blast". (3:19pm-4:06pm EST) Both will play again at some point.
I'm at episode 50 of {Batman: TAS ∧ Hey Arnold}.