"The Batman" Live-Action Feature Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
A Batsuit reveal is reportedly imminent and is based on Lee Bermejo's take rather than past claims it's a blue and grey.
Bernejo's Batman almost never has the white eyes, so I think people should keep their expectations in-check on that front...

Although in practice I would assume it looks similar to Affleck's Batsuit.

the greenman

Other than a few super villains like Ivy, Joker, Scarecrow, and maybe Grundy (who I think should be CGI), they pretty much got everyone. And as I suspected, Penguin is probably filling in for someone like Joker.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Well, definitely wouldn't make it as much of a period piece as one might expect...and not too far off from the Nolan films, come to think of it :sweat:.
True, but look at set designs in the 80-90s Batman movies or even the dark deco look of B:TAS in the 90s for example. This version of Gotham could still show some age to it. Especially if they're in places like Old Gotham, Crime Alley, etc.

Frontier

Staff member
True, but look at set designs in the 80-90s Batman movies or even the dark deco look of B:TAS in the 90s for example. This version of Gotham could still show some age to it. Especially if they're in places like Old Gotham, Crime Alley, etc.
It wouldn't be Gotham if there wasn't something retro about it ;).

Road to Gotham

I don't why this movie needs to be set in the past even a few years or 15 years ago?
Unless Reeves already has a sequel outlined that time jumps a number of years.

Anyway cool seeing Farrell with a umbrella, which the Penguin should have.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
A Batsuit reveal is reportedly imminent and is based on Lee Bermejo's take rather than past claims it's a blue and grey.

Fake news from reddit and the story was deleted.

All that aside, the cast and crew for this look promising. I hope this can be a fresh start and offer a more definitive cinematic take on Batman. Zack Snyder's Frank Miller-lite version was never going to work. I mean if you want to do a standalone Dark Knight Returns movie, or a two part Dark Knight Returns movie, then just do that. The wrote themselves into a corner using that version of Batman as a shared cinematic universe.

I don't why this movie needs to be set in the past even a few years or 15 years ago?
Unless Reeves already has a sequel outlined that time jumps a number of years.

It doesn't and it shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts