"The Avengers: Infinity War" Pre-Release Discussion Part Two (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Well, I'm expecting this film to start with a real bang now.

It's also possible that the film opens with Thanos attacking Thor's ship.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Well, I'm expecting this film to start with a real bang now.

Maybe but Thor: Ragnarok was 2017, the only 2017 movie to take place in 2017, and Infinity War supposedly takes place in 2018 so there could be a time skip after the opening scene if that's the case.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Honestly I'm hoping it's Xandar. No offense to Glenn Close or other members of the Nova Core but having an opening seeing them totally get trashed and Thanos taking the stone would make for a more chilling opening as the mad Titan can just totally obliterate the planet in a totally savage way without kind of wimping out on it, like we got in Justice league with Steppenwolf attacking the Amazons and Atlantians. Not to mention we probably wouldn't see it otherwise if it wasn't directly focused on Thanos so I want to see that and see the scene with Thor take place later in the movie. Since like with Doctor Strange having the post credits scene take place 20 minutes in Ragnarok, the Ragnarok teaser can do the same thing with Ragnarok. Though speaking of time differation...

Maybe but Thor: Ragnarok was 2017, the only 2017 movie to take place in 2017, and Infinity War supposedly takes place in 2018 so there could be a time skip after the opening scene if that's the case.

Wait shouldn't Infinity War take place in 2021 as Spider-Man Homecoming takes place apparently in 2020 and obviously Infinity war happens AFTER Homecoming.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
12/19: Renner hints he gets to do a lot of 'wondrous things' with Hawkeye that's he's always wanted to do.

March 2018 solicitations are released:
THE ROAD TO MARVEL’S AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR — THE ART OF THE MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE VOL. 2 HC SLIPCASE
  • Written by ELENI ROUSSOS
  • A threat has emerged from the cosmos: Thanos, a ruthless warlord, plans to collect all of the Infinity Stones. Joined by his formidable allies, he will be nearly unstoppable at achieving his goal. The Avengers, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Doctor Strange and Spider-Man must join forces and fight side-by-side to stop Thanos, while the fate of the Earth and the universe hangs in the balance! Just in time for the highly anticipated event, this keepsake volume celebrates the characters and concepts that will converge in May 2018, collecting art, interviews and photography from films leading up to Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War!
  • 240 PGS./All Ages …$50.00 • ISBN: 978-1-302-91241-3 • Trim size: landscape

Wait shouldn't Infinity War take place in 2021 as Spider-Man Homecoming takes place apparently in 2020 and obviously Infinity war happens AFTER Homecoming.
Where the heck did you read that? Homecoming is a few months after the events of Civil War so like Fall 2016-ish.

12/23: New look at Iron Man armor on a T-shirt.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I really need to see this winged armor in action! I bet it'll be used towards the end of the film, though.

Frontier

Staff member
He can already fly fast. What will the wings do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The wings seem wider then his usual back jets, so I imagine they give him a greater boost of speed, and also frees up his arms to fire Repulsors and those arm cannons :cool:.

RoryWilliams

A new still was released from USA Today.

636499254682366355-infinity-war.jpg

A piece of promotional art was also posted online earlier.
DSIYFmdUIAAzvco.jpg

Frontier

Staff member
I was wondering what Mantis would actually get to contribute here, but I guess she can help wake Thor up :p.

Wit that hair and green jacket, Widow reminds me a lot of Rogue from the X-Men :sweat:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Frontier

Staff member
12/28: LEGO set spoils a bit more at Thor's new weapon Jarnbjorn.
Kinda surprised they don't just have Thor rebuild a more powerful Mjolnir, though I guess Jarnbjorn might be portrayed as an upgrade here :cool:.
RDJ teases Cap and IM's relationship will take a turn.
I can't imagine this film wouldn't deal with the fallout of Civil War and the issue of Steve and Tony's relationship :ack:.

We can't really have The Avengers reunite without Cap and Iron Man burying the hatchet...
Joe Russo highlights pain and sacrifice as strong themes of the movie.
This should probably be reassuring for anyone worried about the stakes in this movie ;).
Still of Tony, Strange, Wong, and Bruce amid ruins in NYC.
I'm guessing they're staring at Thanos' flagship or the portal he and his troops are coming from :eek:.
A foregone conclusion, but Winter Soldier's new arm will originate from Wakanda.
I wonder how much of an upgrade it will be from his old arm and if there might be some new bells and whistles attached to it :)?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Kinda surprised they don't just have Thor rebuild a more powerful Mjolnir, though I guess Jarnbjorn might be portrayed as an upgrade here :cool:.
I would guess the availability of components. Mjolnir had that Uru thing and the whole forged-in-a-dying-star thing.

I wonder how much of an upgrade it will be from his old arm and if there might be some new bells and whistles attached to it :)?
Well, WW2-era HYDRA tech vs. Modern Day Wakandan tech... Me thinks a lot. :p

the greenman

Russo's promise Thor story continues:

https://movieweb.com/amp/avengers-infinity-war-thor-ragnarok-story/
"I'm going to pick Thor because Thor, we're picking up his story from the end of Thor: Ragnarok and at the end of that film as any fan would know his home planet of Asgard is destroyed, and so the character is in new territory so to speak, because his past has been torn away from him to a degree."

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
It should also be interesting given Thor was one of the only two Avengers the Russo's didn't get a chance with in Civil War (the other being Hulk) :).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Someone figured out the location of the giant stargate in the trailer. It's hovering over Greenwich Village at West 4th and 10th Streets so when Tony is outside the Sanctum he's looking in the opposite direction at something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts