"The Avengers: Infinity War" Pre-Release Discussion Part Two (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,289 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Kinda surprised they don't just have Thor rebuild a more powerful Mjolnir, though I guess Jarnbjorn might be portrayed as an upgrade here :cool:.
1/9: On second thought, maybe he's led to believe some legend about Jarnborn being the only thing that can destroy the Infinity Gauntlet and stop Thanos.

1/15: A Disneyland Paris commercial has a good look at the new IM armor.

RoryWilliams

Sep 19, 2010
Ratings
The Tardis
The prequel comic came out today. Some plot developments:

* It opens up with a recap of Civil War. As shown by the post-credit scene, Black Panther makes peace with Cap and Bucky and offers to help undo the brainwashing. Shuri is the leading scientist on the project, and says that it is difficult since erasing the brainwashing from Zola could potentially erase Bucky's entire mind as well.

* Right after the initial conversation with T'Challa, Steve heads back to the Raft and frees his teammates. Hawkeye tells the team he's officially done with superhero business and returns to the farm with his wife and kids. Ant-Man also leaves, and returns to San Francisco, where he is seen with his daughter. Scarlet Witch is the last to depart, and she is seen somewhere in Europe with the Vision, who now has a blonde human form (as seen in the trailer).

* Many months later, Shuri finally makes a breakthrough and believes she has found away to erase HYDRA's triggers without harming Bucky. Bucky is still left in hibernation for now. We then find out that the remaining members of Cap's team are not living in asylum in Wakanda as many thought, and T'Challa does not know where they are. In Syria, Steve, Falcon and Black Widow defeat a group of terrorists who were planning to use reverse-engineered Chitauri weaponry (much like in Spider-Man: Homecoming), and Steve says that it's time to move on to their next mission. They seem to still be traveling the world and stopping bad guys under the radar.

* It ends back at Avengers HQ, where Tony remembers the conversation from Age of Ultron where he justified Ultron's creation by saying that there is a much greater threat somewhere in space headed for the Earth. Tony says that the Accords business distracted him, and that this is the danger he needs to be focusing. He then says that he can't count on Steve and the others to help him after everything that has happened, and that he needs to find away to defeat this threat himself. It then shows a holographic image of the new armor he is seen sporting in the Infinity War trailer.

Part 2 is out next month, and it sounds like it's dealing with Doctor Strange's role in all this.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,569 46
Sherman Oaks CA
The prequel comic came out today. Some plot developments:

* It opens up with a recap of Civil War. As shown by the post-credit scene, Black Panther makes peace with Cap and Bucky and offers to help undo the brainwashing. Shuri is the leading scientist on the project, and says that it is difficult since erasing the brainwashing from Zola could potentially erase Bucky's entire mind as well.

* Right after the initial conversation with T'Challa, Steve heads back to the Raft and frees his teammates. Hawkeye tells the team he's officially done with superhero business and returns to the farm with his wife and kids. Ant-Man also leaves, and returns to San Francisco, where he is seen with his daughter. Scarlet Witch is the last to depart, and she is seen somewhere in Europe with the Vision, who now has a blonde human form (as seen in the trailer).

* Many months later, Shuri finally makes a breakthrough and believes she has found away to erase HYDRA's triggers without harming Bucky. Bucky is still left in hibernation for now. We then find out that the remaining members of Cap's team are not living in asylum in Wakanda as many thought, and T'Challa does not know where they are. In Syria, Steve, Falcon and Black Widow defeat a group of terrorists who were planning to use reverse-engineered Chitauri weaponry (much like in Spider-Man: Homecoming), and Steve says that it's time to move on to their next mission. They seem to still be traveling the world and stopping bad guys under the radar.

* It ends back at Avengers HQ, where Tony remembers the conversation from Age of Ultron where he justified Ultron's creation by saying that there is a much greater threat somewhere in space headed for the Earth. Tony says that the Accords business distracted him, and that this is the danger he needs to be focusing. He then says that he can't count on Steve and the others to help him after everything that has happened, and that he needs to find away to defeat this threat himself. It then shows a holographic image of the new armor he is seen sporting in the Infinity War trailer.

Part 2 is out next month, and it sounds like it's dealing with Doctor Strange's role in all this.
Hmm...

So...Clint and Scott can just go back to their families, no fuss? I guess Clint's family is off the grid, but still :confused:.

It's almost becoming a running gag that Hawkeye keeps trying to retire, but can't :p.

I wonder if Vision's human form is a hologram or if he's found some way to construct a human body for himself o_O?

And I'm guessing he's done with The Avengers and the Accords if he's going to settle down with Wanda in Europe. Too bad the Black Order are going to ruin their romantic getaway :crying:.

Sounds like Steve, Sam, and Natasha have gone full-on Secret Avengers :cool:.

I guess Tony did kind of completely forget about his vision in Age of Ultron, unless that played a part in his concern with the Accords. Although with Steve on the run, Rhodey down, Vision AWOL, and Peter doing his own thing, Tony really is kind of on his own :ack:.

Magmaster12

Reporter
Dec 31, 2013
Ratings
674 3
I thought it was weird how they showed Steve still wearing the Cap uniform during the breakout even though they were clearly trying not to show what his uniform looked like.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,289 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Marvel Canada announced a sneak peek at 9 pm EST during tonight's episode of The Launch on CTV.

EDIT: No new footage. Those Canucks hosed us. ;)

Glad to see this Prelude comic is going to be new material. Hmm, we know Strange has been keeping an eye on 'trespassers' like Odin. Be neat to see a more colorful encounter in #2.

EDIT: Found an interview with Pilgrim about the Prelude. He says #2 mostly led by Strange and Wong shortly after "Dr. Strange". It addresses how Strange advances in his role as Master of the New York Sanctum as he learns more about the Infinity Stones.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,982 5 1
the point of no return
Hmm...

So...Clint and Scott can just go back to their families, no fuss? I guess Clint's family is off the grid, but still :confused:.

It's almost becoming a running gag that Hawkeye keeps trying to retire, but can't :p.

I wonder if Vision's human form is a hologram or if he's found some way to construct a human body for himself o_O?

And I'm guessing he's done with The Avengers and the Accords if he's going to settle down with Wanda in Europe. Too bad the Black Order are going to ruin their romantic getaway :crying:.

Sounds like Steve, Sam, and Natasha have gone full-on Secret Avengers :cool:.

I guess Tony did kind of completely forget about his vision in Age of Ultron, unless that played a part in his concern with the Accords. Although with Steve on the run, Rhodey down, Vision AWOL, and Peter doing his own thing, Tony really is kind of on his own :ack:.
Or Scarlet Witch did that for him. I'm really curious about Wanda's power set and Strange's in comparison. Or maybe they should leave it till the merger completes. As they could use Agatha Harkness.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,982 5 1
the point of no return
According to actress, Van Camp Sharon Carter (Agent 13), may not be in Avengers IW or untitled sequel:

https://amp.cinemablend.com/news/23...vengers-infinity-war-according-to-the-actress

I mean listen, it's hard to fit Sharon into that. She's really in Cap's world, you know what I mean? So, I mean, I can't say anything about anything, but I will say that you know she sort of fits into the Captain America movies, that's where her sort of story lies.
Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Yeah I'm probably not coming back
I was just about to say "Where's Gridman?" on that Crunchyroll streaming thread.
DISH had recent upgrades on the 61.5 orbital slot this early morning. My signal strengths got increased and transponders were moved to another.

How Cartoon Network and TBS moved to other transponders. :P
What I love from the commercial studio Psyop, is the Cricket Wireless critters (known as the Cricketters) in different shapes and colored in Green, Yellow and Blue. So imaginative and cute! :)
Most Europeans here don't know about the old Grinch Christmas special. Even in Portugal.