"The Avengers: Infinity War" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this movie

• ***** Infinity Stones

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • ****1/2 Infinity Stones

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • **** Infinity Stones

• ***1/2Infinity Stones

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • *** Infinity Stones

• **1/2 Infinity Stones

• ** Infinity Stones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • *1/2 Infinity Stones

• * Infinity Stone

• Total voters

Frontier

Staff member
Russo Brothers confirm the Snap killed off half of the half of Asgardians Thanos spared at the start of the movie off screen. And Hugo Weaving was asked to reprise Red Skull.
It's just one thing after another for the Asgardians :sweat:.

Didn't Weaving supposedly have another movie on his contract? Although I guess Marvel Studios wouldn't fuss about it if he didn't want to come back...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Didn't Weaving supposedly have another movie on his contract? Although I guess Marvel Studios wouldn't fuss about it if he didn't want to come back...
11/29: I don't remember if it was a solid number but I know for sure he said it was a multi-picture deal in past interviews.

12/9: Marquand talks more about being cast as Red Skull.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Say whaaaa?

That would have been really cool to see, as a comic fan, but I get why they didn't. Would have been random to just add him in.
Probably too distracting vs how he was naturally referenced in Doctor Strange and/or saving LT for something else.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Well the thing is it makes sense to have cosmic beings in a story based on the Infinity Gauntlet since they were all over the original... but yeah even though the MCU is building towards more cosmic stuff and is fine hinting and dipping into the strange and bizarre we're still not there yet. Plus honestly unlike the comic event, Infinity War and Endgame are AVENGERS movie so we should have the focus on the heroes we know and care about as honestly Infinity Gauntlet was really more about Thanos and those god figures that had already been built up some in the Marvel books while in the movies they really hadn't. Eh I'm sure eventually they will though... that's why I scoff when people say where does the Marvel movies go after Endgame; if you know anything about the comics and what hasn't happened yet you know there are still so many thousands of stories yet to be told by them the movies could do good work with.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts