"The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2008
Ratings
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Seeing how enamored fans were with Spectacular, they shouldn't have a problem with the design style of the show. It's a little different, but it works fine. It's not quite the ultra-slick, detailed, mature, anime style of the Madhouse Iron Man show.
I don't think these designs have anything in common with The Spectacular Spider-Man. I know what you're trying to say, but even if you didn't like the Spectacular designs, you can't really argue with how fluid the animation was, while with these Avengers designs you get a bit of a clunky flow that really says "cartoon" as opposed to "animation" (if I may attempt to differentiate the two).

But even though these Avengers designs are a bit awkward to look at, I'm willing to check it out with the hope that it's well written and directed.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Ratings
1,314 4
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
I don't think these designs have anything in common with The Spectacular Spider-Man. I know what you're trying to say, but even if you didn't like the Spectacular designs, you can't really argue with how fluid the animation was, while with these Avengers designs you get a bit of a clunky flow that really says "cartoon" as opposed to "animation" (if I may attempt to differentiate the two).

But even though these Avengers designs are a bit awkward to look at, I'm willing to check it out with the hope that it's well written and directed.
I often found Spectacular quite awkard to look at . . .

Nov 29, 2008
Ratings
Philadelphia, PA, USA
I often found Spectacular quite awkard to look at . . .

I can see what you're saying. I actually hated them, too... at first.

I originally dismissed the series as crap just because of those character designs. I just couldn't get past the big heads, the big emotionless eyes, and the robot-like segmentation lines in the joints of the characters' arms. But after actually watching the show, and I'd seen how well they flowed in motion and how good the storytelling was, the designs grew on me. Hopefully, this Avengers series will be just as convincing to accept.

JTMarsh

Wing Commander
Jun 2, 2010
Ratings
USA
I can see what you're saying. I actually hated them, too... at first.

I originally dismissed the series as crap just because of those character designs. I just couldn't get past the big heads, the big emotionless eyes, and the robot-like segmentation lines in the joints of the characters' arms. But after actually watching the show, and I'd seen how well they flowed in motion and how good the storytelling was, the designs grew on me. Hopefully, this Avengers series will be just as convincing to accept.
That's how I felt at first about TSSM's look. Once I actually started watching it, I made peace with the designs.

Personally I don't have a problem with how the Avengers look so far, except maybe Thor's arms looking a little too big in in certain shots.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,458 4
177A Bleecker Street
According to a certain site, there will be a tie-in comic series that starts this year, with Chris Yost as the regular writer.. Lately, the series that got no type of tie-in comics were the ones that ended up getting canceled, though I'm sure it's just coincidental.

Mod Note: Marvel Animation Age also has the details here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oRwpy66NXc
There's also a new trailer on Disney XD's YouTube channel. We get to see Graviton, Ultron, Enchantress, Executioner, etc and get to hear Cap and Panther.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaveh77

Mar 29, 2009
Arizona
According to a certain site, there will be a tie-in comic series that starts this year, with Chris Yost as the regular writer.. Lately, the series that got no type of tie-in comics were the ones that ended up getting canceled, though I'm sure it's just coincidental.

Mod Note: Marvel Animation Age also has the details here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oRwpy66NXc
There's also a new trailer on Disney XD's YouTube channel. We get to see Graviton, Ultron, Enchantress, Executioner, etc and get to hear Cap and Panther.
Wow :D hope this show doesn't disappoint

Razor

Jul 20, 2003
Visit site

Clunky flow is the last thing I think when I see these guys in motion.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
Ratings
2,458 4
177A Bleecker Street
I only have one problem with the designs and that is Iron Man. I think this is the ugliest modern Iron Man design yet.
I don't have any problems with the overall design (my initial reaction to this armor design is better than the one I had to IMAA) but I'm not too keen on the blue energy glow, and now Hank Pym will have it too.

Azrayel

May 27, 2009
Ratings
America
Nice trailer. I like it more than the other one that has been airing.

I'm disappointed that Ultimate Nick Fury is again in a marvel show. I don't understand why they always use that one and not classic Fury. To me its like making Black Panter a white guy, Spiderman black (not the costume) it looks weird.

Apr 13, 2010
Ratings
Puerto Rico

I'm disappointed that Ultimate Nick Fury is again in a marvel show. I don't understand why they always use that one and not classic Fury. To me its like making Black Panter a white guy, Spiderman black (not the costume) it looks weird.

Not really the same thing since there is a Fury like this in the Ultimate continuity. I don't think he looks weird anyway.

Don't forget Baron von Strucker, the leader of Hydra.
Granted, seeing as all the Hydra soldiers have Skull masks on, it might be Red Skull who's the leader on the show.

spyke

Feb 11, 2002
Ratings
422 1 1
Visit site

I agree.

I think that the reason why they keep using Ultimate Nick Fury is because that version of Fury has gotten more exposure over the last few years in the ULTIMATE AVENGERS animated movies and in the 2 IRON MAN movies, and will be appearing in most of the other upcoming Marvel movies. As I have said a billion times before, if Marvel wanted to use a cool black SHIELD agent in their cartoons and movies, they should have used Gabriel Jones, or at the very least, make this black Nick Fury character a brand new character who is the biracial grandson of Nick Fury and Gabriel Jones (Nick's son marries Gabe's daughter).

Apr 13, 2010
Ratings
Puerto Rico
I agree.

I think that the reason why they keep using Ultimate Nick Fury is because that version of Fury has gotten more exposure over the last few years in the ULTIMATE AVENGERS animated movies and in the 2 IRON MAN movies, and will be appearing in most of the other upcoming Marvel movies. As I have said a billion times before, if Marvel wanted to use a cool black SHIELD agent in their cartoons and movies, they should have used Gabriel Jones, or at the very least, make this black Nick Fury character a brand new character who is the biracial grandson of Nick Fury and Gabriel Jones (Nick's son marries Gabe's daughter).

Except Gabriel isn't the one showing up in the movies and since it's based on the Ultimate Fury, they are using a source from the comics.

Besides, with Movie Fury being based on Ultimate Fury, it makes sense they'd use this version.

spyke

Feb 11, 2002
Ratings
422 1 1
Visit site
Except Gabriel isn't the one showing up in the movies and since it's based on the Ultimate Fury, they are using a source from the comics.

Besides, with Movie Fury being based on Ultimate Fury, it makes sense they'd use this version.
I wasn't talking specifically about the version of Fury in the upcoming cartoons and movies. However I was talking about the asinine decision to make Ultimate Fury black in the Ultimate comics.

suss2it

Apr 14, 2008
Ratings
Toronto
I wasn't talking specifically about the version of Fury in the upcoming cartoons and movies. However I was talking about the asinine decision to make Ultimate Fury black in the Ultimate comics.
How is that asinine? The Ultimate universe is (supposed to be) a fresh take on Marvel characters, and so the characters shouldn't be a carbon copy of their 616 counterparts and thus there's no reason why they have to be the same race.

However looking at the trailer a couple more times this doesn't even seem to be ultimate Fury, just 616 Fury with a race lift.

spyke

Feb 11, 2002
Ratings
422 1 1
Visit site
How is that asinine? The Ultimate universe is (supposed to be) a fresh take on Marvel characters, and so the characters shouldn't be a carbon copy of their 616 counterparts and thus there's no reason why they have to be the same race.
It's asinine because it now confuses the general non comic book reading public by puting out two different versions of an existing character. And base on the current sales figures, the Ultimate version of Fury (along with the entire Ultimate line of books) are not long for this world.

And if the Ultimate characters aren't supposed to be a carbon copy of the regular MU characters, then why the heck are more popular characters like Spidey and Wolverine are still white?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hey Lady Lucario! Long time no see! How is life treating ya?
I like that Delta Rune doesn't even try to conceal it's creepy subtext. Just tosses it right at you from the start.
am i the only one who notices the change, while nobody else does?
RIP Stan Lee, the legendary Marvel creator.
Happy Veterans Day to all the brave men and women in service. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication.