"The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" News & Discussion Thread, Part 7 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Avengers Assemble! Airing regularly on Disney XD and Teletoon, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes brings the classic superhero team to animated life!

Check out Marvel Animation Age and the latest posts in this very thread for all the new The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes developments!

Stay tuned for further updates!

Previous Discussions:
-The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)
-The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)
-The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)
-The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)
-The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)
-The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Mod Note: Remember to use spoiler space when applicable when discussing future episodes. And please keep discussions on-topic. Thank you.

The greenman posted:

"Both ROM and Silver Surfer would be welcome appearances this season. I wonder if MARVEL has rights to SS since they have rights to the FF. Even a Namor Atlantis Attacks story would be great to see in a future season, I just don't know if they have those rights. "

If you're worried about rights issues, you're looking at the wrong character.

Silver Surfer appeared in SuperHeroSquad with the other characters; I really don't see how the rights issue would have changed since then.

Now ROM is the one who has the rights issue. I believe his rights are owned by Parker Brothers (who made the ROM toy). There's a reason why you haven't seen ROM in any new stories or even reprints from Marvel in the past several years.

BigEclipse

If Galactus does appear later in the season, perhaps the Silver Surfer will make an appearance as well. I just hope if this is indeed the final season it goes out with a bang that will reverberate for some time.

the greenman

The greenman posted:

"Both ROM and Silver Surfer would be welcome appearances this season. I wonder if MARVEL has rights to SS since they have rights to the FF. Even a Namor Atlantis Attacks story would be great to see in a future season, I just don't know if they have those rights. "

If you're worried about rights issues, you're looking at the wrong character.

Silver Surfer appeared in SuperHeroSquad with the other characters; I really don't see how the rights issue would have changed since then.

Now ROM is the one who has the rights issue. I believe his rights are owned by Parker Brothers (who made the ROM toy). There's a reason why you haven't seen ROM in any new stories or even reprints from Marvel in the past several years.

Good to hear that about the Surfer, though I suspected that since FF and him on basically tied. It would make sense for him to show up if Galactus does cause he's the herald. That is crazy about ROM, seems like alot of those Marvel comics were owned by toy companies like Micronauts.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Titles for The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes episodes airing in May 2012 can be found first at Marvel Animation Age! Episode loglines will be released soon!

Medinnus

Staff member
captain_america_AEMH_04.png

Captain AmeriSkrull w/Energy Shield

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Welp, looks like Disney XD is airing episodes out of order again. "Who Do You Trust?" is airing before "The Ballad of Beta Ray Bill", when it should be the other way around. Hopefully, it won't mess too much with continuity.

ShadowStar

Why is it that there won't be an episode on May 27th? This isn't a sign of a hiatus starting already, is it? After a 10 month hiatus or whatever it was, another one after just 8 episodes would be outrageous.

BigEclipse

ShadowStar said:
Why is it that there won't be an episode on May 27th? This isn't a sign of a hiatus starting already, is it? After a 10 month hiatus or whatever it was, another one after just 8 episodes would be outrageous.

I believe that's Memorial Day weekend and maybe Disney believes people will be away that weekend and a significant portion of their audience won't be around.

jph139

Immortal
Or equally likely they'll have some sort of marathon for some show. Either way, makes sense to preempt Avengers.

Anyways, I love that the second verse of the theme also seems to pertain to specific Avengers. I just wonder which is which!

Tormented and attacked (The Hulk)
lost from when we wake (Captain America)
with no way to go back (Thor)
I'm standing on my own / but now I'm not alone (Iron Man)

Too small to turn the tide (Ant-Man)
too stubborn to give in (Hawkeye or Wasp?)
pushed by pain and pride (Black Panther or Hawkeye?)
to face these fears and win (Whoever is left?)

Anyone else have guesses?

MarvelManiac

Welp, looks like Disney XD is airing episodes out of order again. "Who Do You Trust?" is airing before "The Ballad of Beta Ray Bill", when it should be the other way around. Hopefully, it won't mess too much with continuity.

I hate it when that happens. :mad: It's stupid that they can't get the airing order right.

Anyways, I love that the second verse of the theme also seems to pertain to specific Avengers. I just wonder which is which!

Tormented and attacked (The Hulk)
lost from when we wake (Captain America)
with no way to go back (Thor)
I'm standing on my own / but now I'm not alone (Iron Man)

too stubborn to give in (Hawkeye or Wasp?)
pushed by pain and pride (Black Panther or Hawkeye?)
to face these fears and win (Whoever is left?)

Anyone else have guesses?

too stubborn to give in (Hawkeye)
pushed by pain and pride (Black Panther)
to face these fears and win (Wasp)

At least that's my take on it (Remember in the comic when Wasp admitted she was afraid?).

Hahaha! Poor Iron Man. :D Ready to kick some butt, only to discover that The Avengers have a truce with Zemo. BTW, the Mark 9 armor looks great! Cool to see that will be his official armor for the rest of the Season (at least, I think it will be).

Last edited by a moderator:

Medinnus

Staff member

ShadowStar

too stubborn to give in (Hawkeye)
pushed by pain and pride (Black Panther)
to face these fears and win (Wasp)

At least that's my take on it (Remember in the comic when Wasp admitted she was afraid?).

'Too stubborn to give in' might be Wasp because she's very tenacious and chirpy where the Avengers are concerned, despite her size and the fact that she'd be a nobody in the superhero biz if not for Hank's tech.

'To face these fears and win' could be Hawkeye since he expresses his reservations about the Avengers at the beginning of "Masters of Evil". He does initially have that fear and unease that the team is a disaster waiting to happen, and he kind of fights that impulse by giving in and giving the team a chance.

MarvelManiac

super_skrull_AEMH_01.png

The Super-Skrull
(Dormant)

super_skrull_AEMH_02.png

The Super Skrull
(Powered up!)

Nice! He looks great! :D

"The Ballad of Beta Ray Bill" pleases me oh so very much.

I just saw him in Planet Hulk (along with Thor in a very nice cameo. Actually, that entire movie was filled with tons of cameos, all of which pleased me greatly. :anime:) and he was a bad-ass with a really cool voice. I hope Dobson will voice him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)
aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
I loved your post in that Nick thread. I really dislike Nick's mentality of "It didnt outdo the Super Bowl, CANCEL IT NAO" and I am so glad you agree, even if you are more realistic and more wise.
It seems evidently that, despite being completed, ''Walpurgisnacht Rising'' hasn't been released yet. What do you think?

Featured Posts