"The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medinnus

Staff member
I'd say that we'd better start dishing out for those DVD singles, but what would that tell Marvel Animation and retailers? That we want more EMH, or that anything "Avengers" will do? That's the problem with these big meta-franchises: your nerd dollars can only communicate so much.

Unfortunately, there is a tendency for executives to believe their own hype; you will rarely catch them admitting that they made a mistake. By the time Marvel Studios execs come to understand how bad a mistake cancelling and trying to replace AEMH is, they'll be well past the point where they can correct the mistake; they'll blame "franchise fatigue" if ratings aren't better on a new franchise, because "clearly the fans are tired of "Avengers" stuff, lets try a new X-series". Light forbid that they actually take responsibility for a mistake; it can't be bad writing, or a bad approach, it must have been "too daring and innovative, we were too far ahead of our time, lets dumb down the next steaming pile of animated feature even more"... /disgust

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Yeah I'm just not going to dish out all that extra money for single volume releases of Avengers. As good as it is. I need season sets or bust.

Medinnus

Staff member
Yeah I'm just not going to dish out all that extra money for single volume releases of Avengers. As good as it is. I need season sets or bust.

Thats why I spend the money on iTunes for AEMH and Young Justice; I like them, my son loves them, and in the case of AEMH it simplifies things mightily to be able to take screenshots or review parts of any given episode at will.

Plus supporting AEMH and YJ with my wallet.

MarvelManiac

It saddens me but I agree, I feel that after season 1 with so few guest staring supers and now a sudden avalanche of heroes guest staring it pretty much screams series end, I hope we are both wrong and the hero guest stars were planed from the beginning as they plotted the secret invasion but then you look at him saying they are committed to the avengers universe and not the show directly sounds exactly like a CEO canceling a product to make way for a similar one with the same purpose but a new design.

I still stand by my idea of not worrying until the news comes out but then it never hurts to expect the worst and hope for the best. If there is any form of silver ligning that might keep the show afloat it is that the marvel programing block just came on and for veiwers of the block it would be extremly jarring to cancel one of the fonding shows, I do hope that Marvel will give EMH one last season but in reality I fear for cancelation. But non the less enjoy the season until final word is known.

On a more positive note I managed to catch the Cap promo and season 2 trailer and saw some awesome things:

First I saw everything already posted but two other things struck me: I saw an awesomely revamped ultron, he had a new design and he was just looking great. But what really caught my eye were three super skrulls one was clearly an X-men (he had parts of wolverine, nightcrawler and cyclops so I think more X-men will show up then wolvy), one was thor based (making me thin that silhouette from a while back that resembled bata ray bill was really a skrull impostor) and then there was another that looked like abomination (skrulls even infiltrated the masters of evil?).

Regarding your spoiler:

I noticed that too. One has Thor's hammer and cape, the bigger one is a combo of Abomination and Whirlwind (later in the clip, he uses Whirlwind's, well, ''whirlwind'' power to ambush Iron Man) while the one on the right is definantly an X-Men hybrid (Nightcrawler's body, and Wolverine's shoulder-pad things). Also, the Skrull-Cap announces to the city about the Skrulls Invasion, just like he did in Captain America (Jun #6).

Thanks to Dustellar for posting the vid! :D

MarvelManiac

If we get a team of skrulls with as X-Men, do we get to count that as a cross-over? :D

Technically, no. A cross-over is when characters from another (for simpler terms) location, crosses over and appears in the show. If they use the X-Men from WATXM then it's a cross-over. But if it's their own version, then it's a team-up.

Medinnus

Staff member
Just a reminder for those who might be interested - this week features teh release of the AEMH comic, written by Chris Yost, and confirmed as part of the series continuity.

MU_AEMH_01_sm.jpg

RoryWilliams

He definitely seems to be speaking as if the show has been cancelled. When talking about Monica and Machine Man, he says that there are so many Marvel heroes that it he wishes they "could've had the opportunity to see."

Medinnus

Staff member
@Josh_Fine:What has a colorful bridge, a powerful ruler, and a caped fellow we haven't seen in awhile? #AvengersEMH episode 029 'Acts of Vengeance'

:) Thor :)

Well, technically, the answer is "Asgard", although I think the odds are small of having an Asgard episodes without Thor anywhere around...

Kumori MC

More TN Perkins AEMH "What If?" art!

* Get Thee Back, Foul Beast - (Hawkeye demon-possessed, and the Son of Satan on the way!)
* Hands in the Air... NOW! - (Hawkeye and Rom, the Spaceknight)
* The Next Wave of New Recuits Are On The Way - (Giant-Man, Machine Man, Captain Monica)
* Here They Come... Get Ready - (Cyclops, Giant-Man, Marvel Girl)

These...are amazing.

I adore the last piece, but my absolute favorite is with Miss Rambeau.

This just makes me want to see a NextWave animated series even more.

jph139

Immortal
Yeah, some seriously awesome stuff... NO chance of ROM ever showing up, but wouldn't that be awesome?

Great X-Men designs too.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Marvel Animation Age caught up with artist Christopher Jones for a quick chat concerning his work on The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes #1, the new ongoing series launching tomorrow from Marvel Comics. Click here to check it out.

Medinnus

Staff member
doc_sampson_AEMH_01.png

Doc Samson

And an excellent interview - I am so jazzed with his reveals, and I really like his designs on Young Justice, especially the design on Talia Al Ghul.

We get a ten-pager with Fin Fang Foom and the Mandarin! I'd have been jazzed at either one, but both? Outstanding!

Last edited by a moderator:

the greenman

doc_sampson_AEMH_01.png

Doc Sampson

And an excellent interview - I am so jazzed with his reveals, and I really like his designs on Young Justice, especially the design on Talia Al Ghul.

We get a ten-pager with Fin Fang Foom and the Mandarin! I'd have been jazzed at either one, but both? Outstanding!

The character is called Doc Samson. As in the biblical hero:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson

Yeah, some seriously awesome stuff... NO chance of ROM ever showing up, but wouldn't that be awesome?

Great X-Men designs too.

Both ROM and Silver Surfer would be welcome appearances this season. I wonder if MARVEL has rights to SS since they have rights to the FF. Even a Namor Atlantis Attacks story would be great to see in a future season, I just don't know if they have those rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts