The Analysis of Cartoon Network in 2009 and online people's interests in their shows that year

Latest News & Videos

Nov 20, 2019
Serbia
www.twitch.tv
Welcome to my series of analysis of my very fist kids network that i watched- Cartoon Network through years and how much were people interested/ popular in those years. This time I will analyse year 2009.
Oh dear, many people consider this year to be one of CN's worst years, if not the worst. There were no new CN originals, we had FIVE new live action that were all universally panned and were ratings failure and 7 cartoons that were acquired. CN Real introduction. All of their pre-2007 have ended by this point and their originals like Secret Saturdays, Chowder and Flapjack were cancelled this year also. Johnny Test started to dominate the schedule. On bright side, there were few cartoons that supported the channel during this year, even though most of them were acquired cartoons or not original IPs.
I will now analyse how popular were cartoons that were running at the time and even those that have ended. Also just because some show is higher, it doesn't mean it has more quality than shows that are lower than them. Like for example: would you really consider that Johnny Test has more quality than Chowder.
NOTE: Besides CN originals, I will also include WB originals that CN was their home like Teen Titans, Justice League but not ones like Mucha Lucha and Static Shock because CN isn't their home network. Also I will include acquired shows from other countries that are/were shown on CN USA and other country's CNs like Totally Spies and Total Drama.
Shows in bold means that those shows had new episodes in 2009.
Also I will comment on shows that had new episodes in 2009 and some of their top non running shows that year because I don't want to make it that long of a read. Also won't show pictures of shows that had very little attention online in 2009.

1. Ben 10- Even thoughit ended the popularity is STILL growing. I mean I like Ben 10, but it is ridiculous how is there a huge interest for Ben 10 when comared to any other CN show aired.
2. Ben 10 Alien Force - It's spin-off is 2nd most popular for some reason.
3. Star Wars the Clone Wars- The most popular non Ben 10 show... is a Star Wars show.
4. Powerpuff Girls - It had a special called PowerPuff Girls Rule and was animated in Flash.
5. Totally Spies
6. Teen Titans
7. Total Drama - Total Drama is still thankfully huge on internet.
8. Code Lyoko
9. Ed, Edd & Eddy - Eds are the longest running CN show, running for 10 years and they ended this year with a bang.
10. Chaotic - CN picked up a random Canadian show and it was proven to be popular online, even though I never heard of it until recently.
11. The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
12. Samurai Jack
13. Codename Kids Next Door
14. Transformers Animated - Well it ended this year. Will CN treat their future Transformers shows in future better? Spoiler alert: no.
15. Johnny Test - Everybody's favorite whip-cracking boy is gaining more popularity. I'm sure Nicktendo is proud of him.
16. Courage the Cowardly Dog - He wask making Eustence look bad for ten years.
17. Johnny Bravo -It had a Hindi episode this year for some reason.
18. Dexter’s Laboratory
19. Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends - It's last 5 episodes were burned off in 1 day. What a weird way to do that for their hit show.
20. Batman Brave and Bold - The show is still popular, because HE IS BATMAN.
21. Chowder - Press F to pay respect for Chowder, because it got cancelled this year.
22. 6teen - CN is still airing episodes out of order.
23. Megas XLR- It god randomly popular this year for some reason even though there were no news for this show that year.
24. Secret Saturdays - Press F to pay respect for Secret Saturdays, because it got cancelled this year.
25. Storm Hawks - It lost some popularity this year. Oh yeah, it also ended this year.
26. Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack - Press F to pay respect for Flapjack, because it got cancelled this year.
27. Super Hero Squad Show - Marvel's answer to Teen Titans GO before Teen Titans GO.
28. Justice League Unlimited
29. Baby Looney Tunes
30. Justice League
31. Cow & Chicken
32. Robotboy
33. Camp Lazlo
34. The Othersiders - Only CN's live action show that got attention this year. Also it got the can.
35. Star Wars Clone Wars
36. The Life and Times of Juniper Lee
37. Krypto the Superdog
38. The Garfield Show - It started late into 2009. But it wasn't really popular.
39. My Gym Partner’s a Monkey
40. Mr Men Show - It ended this year.
41. Skunk Fu
42. Atomic Betty
43. Duck Dodgers
44. Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi
45. Cramp Twins
46. Stoked - Because of TD and sorta 6teen success, CN acquired it but it never became popular.
47. Bratz
48. Hot Wheels Battle Force 5 - Another random show that CN acquired. It wasn't successful.
49. I Am Wesel
50. League of Super Evil – Yet another random show that CN acquired. It wasn't successful.
51. Class of 3000
52. Chop Socky Choonks
53. Space Ghost Coast to Coast
54. Squirrel Boy
55. Brainrush - CN live action show. It was panned and ratings failure.
56. Sheep in the Big City
57. Pet Alien
58. Time Squad
59. Destroy Build Destroy - CN live action show. It was panned and... wasn't ratings failure? They continued it until 2011.
60. Mike, Lu & Og
61. Evil Con Carne
62. George of the Jungle
63. What a Cartoon
64. Fantastic Four World’s Greatest Heroes
65. Dude What would Happen - CN live action show. It was panned and... wasn't ratings failure? They continued it until 2011.
66. Land Before Time
67. Out of Jimmy’s Head
68. Casper’s Scare School - Almost nobody payed attention to this show.
69. Whatever happened to… Robot Jones?
70. Bobb’e Says - CN live action show. It was panned and was a huge ratings failure.
71. Firehouse Tales
72. Sitting Ducks
73. Big Bag
74. The Moxy Show
75. Gerald McBoing-Boing
76. Sunday Pants

Screenshot (66).png
Screenshot (67).png
Screenshot (68).png
Screenshot (69).png
Screenshot (70).png
Screenshot (71).png
Screenshot (72).png
Screenshot (73).png
Screenshot (74).png
Screenshot (75).png
Screenshot (76).png
Screenshot (77).png
Screenshot (78).png

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Lisa Ortiz's mother passed away.

I found this interview that Pam Arciero (Grundgetta from Sesame Street) took part in. I mainly skipped to 1:35, where she mentioned how production on the show ground to a halt because of the pandemic. There was about 1 more week of material to tape. She says they could start again in October, but that could change.
About done watching Sonic Boom Season 1 on DVD. Good in a sense to know the episode "Fire in a Crowded Workshop" only in Spanish dialogue isn't just me, but other unhappy posters to its Amazon page.

1:27:04-1:29:50

If it wasn't for the fact they're owned by different companies (Sesame Street on HBO and Helpsters on Apple TV, though both are from Sesame Workshop), I could totally see a crossover.