The Analysis of Cartoon Network in 2006 and online people's interests in their shows that year

5YearsOnEastCoast

Welcome to my series of analysis of my very fist kids network that i watched- Cartoon Network through years and how much were people interested/ popular in those years. This time I will analyse year 2006.
This year very little original shows premiered. They introduced new bumpers- YES! bumpers which was named after Fred Fredburger's catchphrase from Billy & Mandy. He was a mascot of this era along with Cheese from FHFIF, even though these guys weren't main characters from their shows. In these bumpers we see characters... say some stuff while there is just... a red background. Umm... well there were also some new CN City bumpers. Near the end of 2006, they release TV movie Re-Animated, which was really hated.
I will now analyse how popular were cartoons that were running at the time and even those that have ended. Also just because some show is higher, it doesn't mean it has more quality than shows that are lower than them. Like for example: would you really consider that Baby Looney Tunes is on same level of quality like The Life & Times of Juniper Lee.
NOTE: Besides CN originals, I will also include WB originals that CN was their home like Teen Titans, Justice League but not ones like Mucha Lucha and Static Shock because CN isn't their home network. Also I will include acquired shows from other countries that are/were shown on CN USA and other country's CNs like Totally Spies and Atomic Betty.
Shows in bold means that those shows had new episodes in 2006.
1. PowerPuff Girls - Even though it ended, it is the most popular CN's show of 2006.
2. Totally Spies- It came very close to be CN's most popular show, but PPG beat them up to it.
3. Teen Titans - TT also came close for the first prize, but the top 2 bet it to it. TT ended this year. Many fans were outraged and they wanted it back. They did get something related to TT few years later, but that's a story for another day.
4. Code Lyoko- How did Odd made his hair like that? Anyway, this was far from top 3, but still pretty popular online.
5. Ben 10 - Show just skyrocketed in popularity in less than a year and it will just keep growing year by year.
6. Codename Kids Next Door -Kids fighting against adult tyranny. It was also one of first serialized cartoons.
7. Ed, Edd & Eddy - I'm proud and amazed that Ed boys remained 7th place for 3 years in a row.
8. Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends -Cheese became one of two mascots during CN YES! era. It was close to EE&E popularity. There were even billboards with him.
9. The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy -Fred Fredburger became one of two mascots during CN YES! era. It was also close to EE&E popularity.
10. Justice League Unlimited - It is still among CN's most acclaimed shows. It ended this year.
11. Johnny Bravo -It is second most popular not currently running cartoon.
12. Samurai Jack -Aku: Foolish samurai warrior is going down the list. Yes. Yes!
13. Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi - 5 episodes never aired in USA for some reason. Now CN wants to erase show from existence for some reason.
14. Courage the Cowardly Dog - CN's first show that can be considered horror-comedy.
15. Justice League - First WB show that CN was their home network. It was often considered pinnacle of DC animation along with its followup Unlimited and Batman: Animated Series.
16. Baby Looney Tunes - It ended this year. That's all folks.
17. Dexter’s Laboratory - Now it's 10 years old.
18. Camp Lazlo- Show gained little more popularity. It had it a lot better than bottom running cartoons.
19. Cow & Chicken -Momma had a chicken. Momma had a cow. Dad was proud. Couldn't care how.
20. Megas XLR - CN wrote it off. It means it won't air on CN again ever again. I feel sorry for their fans.
21. Robotboy - This not My Life as a Teenage Robot, actually catch some of online people interest.
22. Atomic Betty - It stayed the same.
23. Krypto the Superdog - It ended. That's it.
24. Duck Dodgers - It's semi-Ok when came to interest from internet.
25. The Life & Times of Juniper Lee - It didn't gain any more popularity and just stayed same.
26. Class of 3000 - CN's first show with black protagonist, it didn't gain much attention.
27. My Gym Partner’s a Monkey - I doubt it will reach same level of success of most Cartoon Cartoons, but it is more popular than those other Cartoons Cartoons.
28. Bratz - it's still here.
29. Space Ghost Coast to Coast- Ok, I know this show was airing new episodes on Adult Swim, but AS different entity than CN. Also even with airing new episodes it still isn't popular with all those above shows.
30. Squirrel Boy - I am one of seven Anime SuperHero members that is a fan of this show. Also it got some attention at start, but then it died down a lot.
31. Cramp Twins - It ended this year.
32. I Am Weasel - Why it isn't higher?
33. Star Wars Clone Wars -Despite being Star Wars brand, people's interest in it fell down hard. But many other cartoons will unfortunately share the identical fate in the following years.
34. Sheep in the Big City - It had 2 seasons and 26 episodes and it was quickly forgotten.
35. Pet Alien -Show is rather obscure.
36. Firehouse Tales - Show from Tickle-U. It gained almost no attention.
37. Evil Con Carne - Obscure.
38. Mike, Lu & Og -It had 2 seasons and 26 episodes and it was quickly forgotten.
39. Time Squad - It had 2 seasons and 26 episodes and it was quickly forgotten.
40. Fantastic Four World's Greatest Heroes - First time that Marvel's cartoon is on CN.
41. Sitting Ducks - It had 2 seasons and 26 episodes and it was quickly forgotten.
42. Big Bag -Yes, this was a very first live-action show from CN... and almost nobody is interested in it.
43. What a Cartoon -It showcased many pilot, that some will get picked up and become successful, but this show itself is forgotten by large majority of online users.
44. Whatever Happened to Robot Jones? ...Nope, still don't know what happened to him.
45. Sunday Pants - It still has 6 unaired episodes.
46. Gerald McBoing-Boing -Show from Tickle-U. It gained almost no attention.
47. The Moxy Show - Few people actually know for this show's existence.

Also Ben 10 had most episodes that premiered this year with 29. Other shows with big amount of episodes were My Gym Partner's a Monkey and Juniper Lee with 24 episodes.
Screenshot (28).png
Screenshot (29).png
Screenshot (30).png
Screenshot (31).png
Screenshot (32).png
Screenshot (33).png
Screenshot (34).png
Screenshot (35).png
Screenshot (36).png
Screenshot (37).png
Screenshot (38).png

Last edited:
How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I think this is the first time he responded to a tweet from this account.

Also, this came out.

Updated my avatar to Pan Am Railways, which has just been acquired by CSX.
Check out my sig, would you? I realize at this stage of the game I don't want people to read Gilda & Meek & The Un-Iverse because I want money or fame. I wouldn't have posted 34 free issues on a blog if I did. The Aspie in me simply feels that it's really the only way for another person to fully understand me. That matters to me.

Ever wonder what makes Fone Bone tick? Check out the sig.
Wow! Something was updated to represent a beloved tradition in a sweet way? Oh the HORROR!!! :O :O Hershey's Kisses’ classic Christmas bells ad got a makeover — and people are outraged
DuckTales was canceled? Why is it that despite the fact that I didn't love the show I'm super annoyed anyways?

It turns out I dislike crushing potential as much as I do quality.