The Amazing World Of Gumball – News & Discussion Thread

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Here's The Amazing World of Gumball The Faith promo

Radiant97

Uploaded Intelligence
Lol Gumball doesn't even air on Thursdays at 7pm, but it's cool of [as] to acknowledge a CN show nonetheless.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

Action!

It’s sad that Gumball is ending after Season 6. It was one of my favorite shows, but it has been running for 7 years.

SourSweetGone

Simultaneously Too Old &Too Young For The Internet
Good. Now it won't go through Seasonal Rot.

Which is a myth fans came-up with to blame everyone but themselves for losing interest in a show. Cartoons ARE NOT FOOD. They do Not Rot. Long running series have ups and downs but this decade has proven cartoons can stay solid for extended stays. Adventure Time was enjoyable for all 10 seasons as Gumball Has Been/will be for all Six of its. Regular Show had a solid eight season run and MLP:FIM has remained a spectacular series for 8 seasons!!

I for one am glad we are in an age where animated series are getting a chance to breath and expand and grow their characters and worlds more. Cause quite frankly these toons deserve a long lifespan more then all the generic 1 Dimensional sitcoms we've been pumping out for the past 18 or so years.

Honestly I feel Gumball could easily go for another 4-6 seasons and not lose any of its wit or charm. But alas it seems we are coming to the end of yet another beautiful series. Thank you Gumball and co for seven years and hundreds of episodes of laughs! :)

But hey on the bright side we still have Apple & Onion, Ben10, Craig of The Creek, OK KO Let's be Heroes, Steven Universe, Summercamp Island, Teen Titans Go!, Unikitty, We Bare Bears! and Infinite Train, Faust's re-imagining of DC's Superhero Girls and Victor&Valentino coming in 2019 so still plenty of series on or coming to Cartoon Network to enjoy!

And I would imagine there's a chance Transformers Cyberverse and Total DramaRama will get renewed for second seasons. Though only time will tell I suppose.

Anywho it it bittersweet to say goodbye to so many amazing toons as the decade wraps up, but at least we still have good ones left or upcoming to keep balancing the scales.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
When I first saw Gumball I thought of it as a spiritual successor to Chowder which is why I watched it a lot. I ultimately prefer Chowder but Gumball is rife with memes and YTP material.

SourSweetGone

Simultaneously Too Old &Too Young For The Internet
When I first saw Gumball I thought of it as a spiritual successor to Chowder which is why I watched it a lot. I ultimately prefer Chowder but Gumball is rife with memes and YTP material.

Honestly A Gumball/Chowder Crossover Team-Up would be some amazingly God-Tier entertainment! Sad it never happened. I mean if OK KO can use Captain Planet and the Ghoul School Girls no reason Gumball can't dip into the toon well from time to time.

RegularCapital

Staff member
Sounds like it is ending. @RegularCapital went to a screening celebrating Cartoon Network UK's 25th anniversary. In his blog post about it, he mentioned the show is halfway through its 6th and final season.
Special Report Cartoon Network UK's 25th Anniversary Screening In London - RegularCapital

While there, he spoke to Mic Graves.

Also, for the record, I don't think the movie has been greenlit yet, but the crew wants to make it.

Although it wasn't explicitly mentioned that Gumball was ending during the Q&A, it was until after the Q&A when I spoke to Mic, I said "It's sad that Gumball is ending", he replied "There's always the movie", this affirms that the show is ending. I knew that its finished anyway as a lot of the Gumball crew has left and moved onto other projects within CN (Elliott from Earth) or other studios, also production for Elliott from Earth started in September and the Gumball Jobs website is now blank. I have a feeling that they're trying to keep quiet about the show ending, and announce the finale when ready.

As with all movies, a script has to be approved before proceeding, seeing that Gumball is as popular as Teen Titans Go! (when factoring in U.S. and international markets), and seeing that Teen Titans Go! to the Movies has made a 500% Box Office return, it's still a possiblity for it to have a theatrical release. But it certainly deserves a made-for-TV movie at least.

EDIT: Here's the Q&A session:

Last edited:

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I must offer a song (something classy and uplifting, to be specific!) in honor of Gumball's passing - because it feels me with tears of joy that this show won't become a complete zombie like it's at risk of doing ATM (Season 6 hasn't been that good at all, if you ask me...).:

Either way, it's for the best - this show was losing its touch quite royally with me. Season 3 to 5 was the peak for the show being at its absolute best. I think it's time that this show bow out without much of a fight, IMHO.

Thanks and farewell for the actual laughs, however - when you were, you were CN's most hilarious and properly referential show, if it means anything. No one could actually make me laugh as much as you did - especially NOT Regular Show or Adventure Time.

THAT is why it's sad to see you go, but at the same time, I breathe a sigh of relief knowing you bow out as something worth being proud of - unlike most of Fox's animation output as of late, for example!

RIP Gumball - it's all for the best.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
So Season 6 will have a total of 44 11 minute episodes. 30 have aired so there's 14 left to go. The finale might air by summer 2019.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts