The Amazing World Of Gumball – News & Discussion Thread

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
I shot out another e-mail and I was told that only the three main kids are going to use U.S. talent. The rest of the characters are going to be voiced by London talent. I know Darwin and Gumball are included in the three main kids, and I suspect that Anais might be the third, but I do not know for sure. As I've said before, Kwesi Boakye is providing Darwin's voice.

The tentative premiere date has also been pushed back to late 2011. Disappointing, but not unexpected. The initial press release mentioned a 2011-2012 premiere date, so it's more-or-less on schedule.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
I like the premise of the series, and I hope CN gives it a good slot.

I'm excited for it.

Neomysterion

TZ's Resident Neopets King
I heard of this show!!! This series almost reminds of Rocko's Modern Life, only with cute sugarcoated animals and cranky neighbours that look just like Captain K'nuckles!!! This is extremely wild if you ask me. Pinch me, I must be dreaming!!!

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
We lost a lot of good posts during the zombie apocalypse. Unfortunate.

chdr posted this video from Cartoon Network Latin America that contains the first actual footage from the series. Unfortunately, it's only three seconds. I believe it's 2:41 to 2:44, if my memory serves me correctly.

Do people remember that first image that was released? They've updated it and released a new version. It's huge, so I'm putting it in spoiler tags, but don't be surprised when it takes up your entire screen. They showed the house that is on the other side of Gumball's, added in a cartoon bush, and there's a flying saucer / hill / whatever with legs running across the town. What fun!

GumballIII.jpg
And this bit of news may come as a negative to most people, but I don't particularly care. On Miss Britain's website, she mentioned that she is going to play a character, an angel who turns into a "super woman". However, the magazine clip that she posted mentioned that it was similar to "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" and that her voice would be re-dubbed. I suspect that Miss Britain, who has massive muscles, will be showing up in the series as herself. Live-action.

I don't particularly mind if a few characters are live-action. The backgrounds are live-action. The characters are a mixture of 2D and 3D. If there are a few live-action characters, it will just add to the flavor of the world. In the case of Miss Britain above, however, I'm sure it's going to be a brief scene. I'd suspect that the angel is going to be animated, but once she transforms into a super woman, she'll be muscle-bound Miss Britain. Here is a picture of the weightlifting magazine that talked about it. They got some facts wrong, but she confirmed on her website that it was talking about the series.

oddu.jpg
Gumball tells the story of an ordinary suburban family who just happen to live in an extraordinary town. At the heart of the family is Gumball, an excitable and optimistic blue cat with a flair for misadventure. Each episode will follow him and his best pal, Darwin, as everyday events escalate out of control.

Silverstar

Jet Flyin', Limousine Ridin'
An angel who transforms into a super-woman? A UFO with legs? Looks like this show is going to be bizarre with a capital 'biz'.

But I won't mind the show's being trip-tastic at all if it's genuinely funny and not just "ZOMG, look how random and abstract we're being."

Doguineta

Huh, I thought it was a mountain with legs and pine trees instead of a UFO. Anyways, after I saw that Gumball will show up in my coutry in 2011 (from the video chdr posted), I'm really hyped up for it!!

Kahraizee

Huh, I thought it was a mountain with legs and pine trees instead of a UFO. Anyways, after I saw that Gumball will show up in my coutry in 2011 (from the video chdr posted), I'm really hyped up for it!!

Yeah, it looked like a walking mountain at first glance, I wonder how huge it really is.

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
I suppose any information is a good thing, but episode titles are incredibly unfulfilling because they simply tease you while providing nothing substantive. Forty episodes are being created, each being roughly eleven minutes long just like most other animated programs on Cartoon Network today. Apparently, episode 25 is called “The Sock”, episode 33 is called “The Robot” and another episode which I don’t know the number for is called “The Prank”. Courtesy of one of the animators’ LinkedIN profiles. I don’t recall a sock ever playing a pivotal role in an episode before, so that could be interesting.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Episode 33? Well, at least it's getting a decent number of episodes right away.

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
I found a naturally larger version of the supporting characters image that I posted earlier. Unfortunately, its colors are faded, but you can still get a better look at some of the characters. I still really like that dinosaur. Again, it's in spoiler tags due to its size.

GumballIV.jpg

Kookamunga

So Random
I found a naturally larger version of the supporting characters image that I posted earlier. Unfortunately, its colors are faded, but you can still get a better look at some of the characters. I still really like that dinosaur. Again, it's in spoiler tags due to its size.

GumballIV.jpg
Wow, what a random cast of characters. I can't wait to see what they're all like.

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
I've managed to stumble across a blog entry made by one of the composers working on the series; it has a sample of the music that will be used in it, this particular example was taken from a chase scene, and interestingly enough, it's orchestral. Admittedly, I don't know much about music in animation, but isn't orchestral stuff rather rare in children's animation? It doesn't seem like all of the music will be orchestral, as the composer mentions writing songs in "almost every style imaginable", but it still sounds nice. To hear it, you have to click the little play button underneath the small picture.

ChildHood90s

Loves his coffee
Wow. That does sound nice, and from the sound of "almost every imaginable [music] style", it really shows the kind of love that's going into this series.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts