"The Amazing Spider-Man" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment - "The Amazing Spider-Man" Feature Film

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The Untold Story

The Amazing Spider-Man
Release Date: July 3, 2012 (3D/2D theaters and IMAX 3D)
Studio: Columbia Pictures (Sony)
Director: Marc Webb
Screenwriter: James Vanderbilt
Starring: Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Denis Leary, Campbell Scott, Irrfan Khan, Martin Sheen, Sally Field

Plot Summary: One of the world's most popular characters is back on the big screen as a new chapter in the Spider-Man legacy is revealed in The Amazing Spider-Man. Focusing on an untold story that tells a different side of the Peter Parker story, the new film stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Denis Leary, Campbell Scott, Irrfan Khan, with Martin Sheen and Sally Field. The film is directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay written by James Vanderbilt, based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Laura Ziskin, Avi Arad, and Matt Tolmach are producing the film in association with Marvel Entertainment for Columbia Pictures, which will open in theaters everywhere in 3D on July 3, 2012.

The Amazing Spider-Man is the story of Peter Parker (Garfield), an outcast high schooler who was abandoned by his parents as a boy, leaving him to be raised by his Uncle Ben (Sheen) and Aunt May (Field). Like most teenagers, Peter is trying to figure out who he is and how he got to be the person he is today. Peter is also finding his way with his first high school crush, Gwen Stacy (Stone), and together, they struggle with love, commitment, and secrets. As Peter discovers a mysterious briefcase that belonged to his father, he begins a quest to understand his parents' disappearance – leading him directly to Oscorp and the lab of Dr. Curt Connors (Ifans), his father's former partner. As Spider-Man is set on a collision course with Connors' alter-ego, The Lizard, Peter will make life-altering choices to use his powers and shape his destiny to become a hero.

Comments?

Related Threads:
-The Amazing Spider-Man Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)
-The Amazing Spider-Man: The Movie Prelude Comic Talkback (Spoilers)
-Spider-Man 3 Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
-Spider-Man 2 Feature Talkback (Spoilers)
-Spider-Man Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Spider-Man

I caught the midnight IMAX 3D screening last night and I enjoyed every single minute of it. While the story has a couple problems I thought it was a solid movie. Sure it retreads a lot of the first two Riami movies but there was something more I enjoyed in this one than those two. I thought they handled Peter Parker much better and his relationship with Gwen was fantastic. The movie does jump around a couple times and a few things are under-developed but overall I enjoyed it immensely. The special effects were great and the 3D was actually really good. And Garfield is just great as Spider-Man. He seems like a modern update on Ditko's version of Peter/Spider-Man and they updated everything quite nicely. Sure naysayers will pick it apart for ridiculous reasons but there's no denying this was a great flick that puts the franchise back on track. It was so great to see Spidey back on the big screen and I'm already looking forward to the next one. Webb really made this film work by giving the characters personality and complicated emotions. It just works so well. I didn't mind the changes they made to Spidey's origin. Some of the venues may have changed, but the core story remains and we get a great take on it here. I can't give the movie a perfect score because it has asome problems here and there but nothing that remotely breaks it or comes near.

rggkjg1

KRYPTONITE NEVERMORE!
hmmm. i thought i'd see alot more than one post 12+ hours after the midnight opening. anyway...

i think this is the "worst" spider-man movie. it's enjoyable and what not, but i feel every sam raimi spider-man film (seperate or together as a whole) are superior to amazing spider-man in every way. my main gripe with amazing spider-man is that it feels like the characters aren't developed enough when we first meet them to the last time we see them. they left no lasting impression on me.

i would place amazing spider-man among the likes of daredevil, fantastic four, ghost rider and green lantern (all of which i like). it's entertaining and good enough. but i dont think it's anywhere along the lines of being a "serious" movie like bryan singer's x-men films, christopher nolan's batman films, or the previous sam raimi spider-man films.

if anyone was wondering, there is a post credits scene. it appears about a minute or so into the credits. there is nothing else after that scene when the credits resume.

i remembered some of these james horner rip offs:
http://youtu.be/nrGqP0MeY1I - wrath of khan and aliens
http://youtu.be/ya0_mxRbff4 - aliens and apollo 13
a section of the aliens opening credits theme is also used again in patriot games

anyway, a section of wrath of khan appears clear as day when we see the spider-man costume for the first time. ha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
My incredibly long and rambly review of this movie.

I admit I didn't catch the original Spider-Man movie when it was in theaters, but I heard about it and after seeing Daredevil (which I actually remember liking) wanted to give Marvel movies a shot. So I watched it on TV (I believe. May of been DVD) and remember enjoying parts of it, and then being bored by other parts. Same goes for Spiderman II: some of the slower moments of those films while having decent emotion can also be kind of a chore to get through. Like the long long period where Peter decides he won't be Spiderman even though we know at the end he's going to put on the costume again and not enough interesting is happening to say it was great. And then we had Spider-Man 3 which actually I found the least boring and had the most interesting moments and probably the best fights. The problem was though it had a lot of stupid moments and yeah everyone harps on Harry getting amnesia or how Mary Jane and Peter broke up and Peter dancing in the club and the like but I do remember being bothered by those moments when I saw them. But not to the point of "I think they should stop these movies" just more like "well that could of been better" and wanted to see the next movie. I guess though Tobey MacGuire and Sam Rami couldn't get another movie going or didn't want to get another movie going or well... whatever the behind the scenes were like. Point is, Sony decided to move on with another Spider-Man movie. I think the original plan was to have new actors and new villians but not have it be a straight up reboot. More like "inbetween" some of the other movies so they wouldn't be giving people the story they were already familiar with. I guess those plans fell through and decided that we just needed a straight up reboot of the film franchise. So does that work or was it too soon and should they have tried waiting and coming up with something else?

Well there's at least one thing I can give this one credit for: it takes the subject material more seriously. There was a big point in making Peter Parker's life a wreck in the first movie but it was done overly comically with how he missed the bus for the field trip and Harry using one of Peter's factiods to impress Mary Jane instead Pete and the like. Here though it's done more subtley with the girl just wanting Pete to take a picture of her boyfirend's car as a present for him and Flash beating him up after Pete tries stopping him from bullying another kid. It actually works more here then the "it seems everyone hates Peter" from the first movie. Yeah i know that's how the comics worked but there is an overall cheesiness in that which may be hard to swallow. And I appreciate them actually trying to give the kids a bit of diemsnion here. Like Flash actually trying to symphatize with Peter when uncle Ben died or one of the girls having a little crush on him and it seemed like Peter actually making friends at the end. Still though the school stuff is actually fairly minor in this movie as a "bigger focus" is on something we haven't seen in the previous Spider Man films: Peter's relationship with his parents, more specifically his father. Which... actually isn't really that big if you think about it. Yeah it's touched on throughout the movie and we know that Richard and Mary worked with Connoros to create those animal fusions which would eventually create our hero and villian for this picture, but after how much build up on "this being about Peter finding out the truth about his father" he really didn't. I mean the only thing he knows about his father now is what he was working on and there is still this whole big secret on Richard Parker that I guess we'll find out in later films. But more should of been done with this one if we're trying to cover more ground since a lot of it was still hitting the big parts of the backstory. You know getting bitten, testing out the powers and of course Uncle Ben's death. Though actually that was handled better here. I really liked the build up of how Spidey found out his powers from the fight on the subway to everything sticking on him to his room and breaking things in his sink and then experimenting doing all those tricks on the half pipe. And the whole uncle ben death coming from Peter failing to stop a crook who robbed a store instead of the whole wrestling job. Which yeah was suppose to show why Peter decided not to use his powers for wealth and fame, but I think it's more believable in this day and age to just use them to goof off or get payback on bullies then that. Plus I also like how Peter spent a lot more time on trying to get the vengance on finding this specific hood and then only after saving a kid realized "hmmm maybe instead of just going after one guy and webbing off crooks and running from cops I should actually try being more responsible." It felt like it fit better with the narrative and though some moments felt a bit forced (like him getting the costume though the idea of him just having a mask at first was pretty funny) it did actually flow pretty well.

I think another thing that worked was how they built up Curt Connors and the Lizard. Now a problem with the other Spiderman movies is how the villian was suppose to be this more tragic figure who is supposedly being manipulated into being a threat when they really have some sort of notble intention. And yet they're robbing banks or threathening random civillians just for no reason (well at least Green Goblin and Dr. Octopus anyway). I think it was a good move here to put the focus on a villian who was actually originally a well intentioned guy who just let power get to him. In truth I think the Lizard works best more just as a mindless monster who Peter has to stop from hurting others since he doesn't know any better, but I guess you can't have that as a main foe. And hey the idea of Connors wanting to change humanity and evolve it into something "better" thinking of them as weak due to imbalance in the shots he was getting works better then some of the other stuff they've done with the villian lizard (like that episode in the 90's show where he was some reptellian king in an underground world. That was rather ridiculous). Plus it's nice to see a Spiderman Movie NOT just kill off a baddie and instead keep him around (though I guess Connors won't really be a lizard again but hey better to actually have him become one and have a plot instead of tease it and not follow through like the other movies did) as well as one who only had what like one and a half conversations with Peter. Plus the effects of the Lizard were good though I wish they did more of him with the lab coat since I think that's when he looks the most interesting though I can understand wanting to show off more of his monsterous form.

One thing I'm on and off on though is the love interest in this movie. Though Mary Jane could be kind of annoying in the other films it always seemed like she had more of a character there with her ambition to be an actress as well as actually seeing some more of her lows. And actually knowing Peter for more then... like a couple of days before getting the actual hots for him. Still though there were a lot less annoying complications in the romance to deal with. Like Gwen finding out Peter's secret as well as the whole ending which yeah I really liked. The first Spiderman ending was annoying in the "I can't tell Mary Jane because I'll put her in danger" and then her being miffed at him in the next movie for being so distant. Here not only do we have more of an actual reason why Peter would not want to put Gwen in danger (having Captain Stacey die in the final lizard fight and HIM telling her not to get Gwen involved) but her seeing through the truth and sort of accepting it but then Pete hinting at he still wants to be with her. That's a lot more fufilling as well as less of an excuse to pad out the romance in the next movies. Plus the two did at least have good interactions to Gwen not wanting to admit she had trouble with Peter's name to recognnizing him in Connor's office to the two stumbling over asking each other on a date to him webbing her to make her realize who he is to making out at the bleachers and Gwen actually showing some good gumption by staying behind to make sure the antidote gets finished and alerting everyone else to exit the building. That actually felt like a good character moment for her which I wish there were some more of in this movie but eh it is Spidey's movie first. Though at the very least she wasn't hostage bait at all. And only had to sort of be saved... once really and that was after helping Peter out so it was more "we're even" then anything else. I think they could of established Gwen more as Peter's intellecutal equal (as that was a big factor in the comics I believe) but at least it felt there even if it was only sort of refrenced.

And of course the big question: how does Andrew Garfield play Peter Parker compared to Tobey MacGuire? Well it is different but hard to see which is better. I do like Garfield's look more since though I think Peter is suppose to have straight hair, garfield's more upkept look seems to work well. On the other hand, MacGquire did a much better job on the whole making Peter a nerd and more socially awkard so you can see why he was singled out while Garfield only makes him feel a bit different from other students. Then again that kind of felt like more of the point here since at the end it shows him getting along more. And hey both can do the nervous shuttering and muttering to either convey dramatic or comedic moments. Though Garfield defintley has a lot better quips then MacGuire ever had. I think the trailer gave away one of the best ones about Spidey faking like he had a weakness to knives but there were some other good lines like webbing the crook's mouth shut, "oh come on I did 80% of your work for you and this is how you repay me?", trying to justify Spidey's existance to Captain Stacey, and webbing the lizard's face when he pointed out talking didn't get anywhere. Plus there were some good dramatic Peter moments done well like him pointing out why he has to stop the Lizard to bargaining with Stacey to let him go to Stacey's death and even saying he wouldn't leave him and would see him get to an ambulance before the guy just died. (I really wish they kept him around. I know it's to build on the whole why Spidey can't have people know who he is, but I thought Spectuclar Spiderman did a good job of Stacey actually realizing Spidey is a good guy and subtley helping him out since on that show, Captain Stacey found out but Peter didn't know he found out). Like I said for a supposed big part of the story the whole "Peter's problems with his father" didn't play as much of a factor as it could of but maybe it's something they're saving for other movies though since hey if Richard Parker is alive that will set up some good conflict down the line based on how Peter feels about him now.

So yeah overall though even if some parts I think may be kind of weaker (the opening with the hide and seek and then being found out by the police as his father being taken away isn't as memorable as the original Spiderman opening though I guess this one is less cheesy. And I guess having the construction workers rig up those bulldozer lines for Spidey is better then having people throw garbage and Green Goblin in the first movie though the set up feels like something out of a Spiderman video game that somehow got put into the acutal movie) and though Spiderman was a bit more witty it wasn't as intentionally funny as the first movie (due to not having some of the better supporting cast like Jonah in here) but I still really liked it. The plot actually worked and it wasn't simple enough to guess right away and know how it would end, the characters were fairly spot on, there were a lot of great action set pieces (the first little confrontation with Spidey and Lizard on the bridge and in the sewer weren't the best but the stuff in the classroom and then on Oscorp were really great, as were Peter fleeing the police and even some of the first person perspective web shooting. Actually I saw this in 3D and those parts did look pretty good even if sometimes Spidey went by a bit too fast to really feel the 3D effect) and though a good amount felt similiar to the first Spiderman movie it was defintley doing it's own thing. And really if you can have all the spiderman TV series with different take on the wallcrawler, why not have a different movie series as well? So I'm overall happy with this. It's still not exactly Avengers quality in terms of overall enjoyment and though it has a good plot doesn't have the depth of something like the Dark Knight, it was a really solid reboot of Spiderman. So let's hope that this time the film series stays on track since I don't know if another origin Spiderman story in the next 10 years would wind up working but hey maybe it could, but for now let's see how more Amazing these films can get, shall we? Especially if... whoever is in the shadows in the post credit scenes is the villain for this next movie. I'm not going to even bother speculating who that could be at this point but should be interesting whoever they choose.

GatorMan92

Milk...Cereal...Combine.. .
While I don't think it's the best Spider-Man movie (that honor still belongs to SP II), I did love the movie. I think Andrew Garfield did a great job as the new Peter Parker/Spider-Man, and I'll be interested to see how this new franchise goes.

Astrolupine

Man on the wing.
I don't feel the need to compare this to Raimi's flicks just yet, I'd rather wait 'til ASM 2 in 2014 to do so. But I enjoyed it much, much more than I expected. Garfield, Stone, Field and Sheen were great in their roles (Rhys Ifans up to the transformation, from then on, he's campy), the web-slinging was great, so was the action, the humour. And as for the emotional fare, such as Ben's death, it exceeded far more than whatever involved Kirsten Dunst in the past films.

If there's any true complaints, the Lizard CGI is rubbish, the film's a tad overlengthy (quite a long wait for the costume to appear) and Aunt May's character takes a backseat during the second half. Also, what was the point of the lizard cops if you weren't going to use them?

In any case, it's a very strong debut for Marc Webb going from cheapo rom-com to big-budget superhero blockbuster. Quite interested in seeing where we go from here. Just don't focus too much on the 'super-duper secret conspiracy' subplot, alright?

the greenman

Well, I saw the midnight screening. I have to say it was entertaining. The actors all took their parts seriously, no corny one-liners, or performances played strictly for the camera. They all felt very dramatic and real. Especially the relationship between Gwen and Peter, not surprising by the guy ewho did 300 days of Summer. I was half surprised by the new origin and death of Uncle Ben. It was funny seeing a trailer for "Here Comes the Boom" which had a similar premise to Spidey's wrestling stint. It could have fit perfectly for Spidey. The origin and development took about a half hour or so. Kinda like the original Superman. The setup for Doc Connors was handled wrong in my opinion. He should have been mentor for both Peter and Gwen. Also, as someone else mentioned Lizard wasn't the mindless monster. Unfortunately they neglected to borrow a page from the comics or Spectacular Spider-Man cartoons by creating a "web" of secrets and lies. It has also gotten to the point that the secret identity issue in superhero films is officially over.

I'm also disappointed they didn't play up the vigilante angle longer. Again for Captain Stacy dying, at least they could've blamed Spidey. There is room for improvement in part two.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
I liked it, but didn't love it. I liked the two leads an awful lot, especially Gwen. I thought Emma Stone nailed it, and I liked the relationship they had. It does make me sad for Gwen's eventual fate. I want to see these two together. The special effects were good, except for the Lizard. I thought the CG on him was absolutely terrible, and hindered my ability to believe him as a character rather than as a glob of green CGI. My real complaint was the first half hour. I thought it really dragged, and I found myself getting very bored. I didn't really invest in this movie at all until Uncle Ben died (Martin Sheen was great, btw) Overall, a decent start to a new franchise. I want to see more from this new series.

Chaos Yoshi Mage

The Lonely Raven
I personally loved it and I think it’s my favorite Spider-Man movie. It’s way less cheesy than the Raimi films while still fun, yet capturing the essence of Peter Parker far better than those films. The worst complaints I’ve seen are that Andrew Garfield is too cool or attractive (This may be the shallowest complaint I’ve ever heard), the film is too much of a retread (It does things differently enough and focuses more on character than the previous films, Uncle Ben feels like more than a plot device), the Lizard is too much like a B-movie villain (I’ll give them this one, but I felt like his B-movieness was fun), and that it’s just a cash grab.

All superhero movies are cash grabs, Webb clearly put his mark on this film and I’m not seeing this made by committee garbage that I’m seeing on the internet. Is it because they had to do another one to keep the license? So what? That shouldn’t be held against the movie, the film should be judged on it’s own merits. Anyway, I found this version of to be a much more modern take on the Spider-Man mythos than the original films. Especially with Peter, the kind of nerd we see him as in the Raimi films is a Hollywood fabrication, the angsty, neurotic, awkward guy who can still joke around is the type of nerd I was in High School and I’m glad to see that represented instead of a Big Bang Theory-style caricature.

That said, I DO enjoy the Raimi films, I just don’t think they’re the perfect Spider-Man movies, this isn’t either, but I think it’s closer. Also, some critics are calling this movie soulless, that genuinely annoys me as I found myself tearing up a little at parts.

Knight

Emerald Knight
Im not a Spiderman fan really but this movie did a good job with him I felt. I liked this take with a Peter who didnt wine as much and isnt some weak nerd. The action scenes with Spidey were well done too.

I didnt care for Peters line about how breaking promises is fun to Gwen after he told her dad on his death bad he would stay away from her to keep her safe. That seemed unheroic to me. And the after the credits scene did nothing for me.

Mr. Hypocrite

Detective. Hero. Hypocrite.
It called itself the Amazing Spiderman, but I'd call it good.

I'm about as romantic as a bad rash, so I didn't care much for those scenes, but I do feel they did a better job of setting up how Peter becomes Spiderman (looking for the criminal at first, making the costume, then realizing with Stacey's help that he can do much more).

I'm a smidge irked that they didn't say the line. It's the line. If you're doing Spiderman, you have to say it. Don't worry about being cheesy. People would expect it in anything Spiderman Related.

With the great power of film making, must come the responsibility of saying that With great power must come great responsibility.

The Next movie better be Spectacular.:D

Or Sensational. Or Ultimate. COMIC Ultimate. Not the other one.

ShadowGUN

YES!YES!YES!
I like it. The only thing I didn't like was Spidey removing or losing his bloody mask so many times. Seriously why would he remove it inside the school when he was chasing the Lizard? Someone could have taken a picture of him and post of on Facebook or something. I hope he keep it on the sequel. Anyway good movie.

Bat-Fan Beyond

Okay, just as I suspected... I loved it!

Yes, even better than all three of the movies in the Raimi Trilogy.

And for those who critique this because it retells the origin... I say GET OVER IT! It's a reboot with a new cast, a new direction, and some essential changes made for the sake of the story. Sure, they took some liberties, but so did the Raimi films, and, to me, Webb made everything that we've seen before much more effective and emotionally convincing thanks to the performances of Garfield and Stone -- Top notch!

Sometimes the mushy kissy-kissy love scenes were laid on a little thick (but maybe I just felt that way, because my son was watching it with me), but I think that it still felt very genuine, as two young teenagers in love would be, and it was meant to be emphasized so strongly in order to make us feel more effectively for what every Spider-Man fan knows we're all bound to see in a sequel pertaining to Gwen's fate.

Another wrongful complaint I've heard is that this movie is too dark and Spider-Man is supposed to be fun. Well, this movie is fun, but yeah, so it's a little dark and light on camp, but that's how I like it. And I don't know what Spider-Man stories everyone else has read, but everything we've seen in this film (Peter losing his parents, the death of Uncle Ben, the death of Captain Stacy, and the eventual death of .. well, you know) is straight out of the Spider-Man comics I read. Heck, the most widely considered best Spidey story is Kraven's Last Stand, and THAT is dark stuff! So, Spidey wasn't always a "fun" light-hearted read, it was often pretty grim at its best. And this movie reflects that. THIS IS MY SPIDER-MAN!

So now that everything has been re-established with this film to the betterment of the franchise, I think it'll be the sequel that will really blow people away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
This movie was great! I enjoyed every minute of it. Spider-Man is so funny, cracking jokes even in the heat of battle. His outfit looked fantastic as well. I liked how they handled his origin. It was unique and interesting.

The Lizard made a great opponent for Spidey. Strong, smart, and can regenerate: a deadly combination. I am fond of reptiles, especially alligators, so that's probably why I liked him so much.

After the credits, they showed Dr. Connors in his cell talking to some guy shrouded in shadow. He apparently knows what really happened to Peter's father. I've got a feeling that he might be the next villain if a sequel to this amazing movie comes out.

Gregatron

It looks like that isn't Osborn in the end credits scene.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=62930

Dr. Connors actor Rhys Ifans on that same end-credits scene:
Rhys Ifans: Connors is sent to an asylum, a high-security asylum, as you would be if you threw police towers across the Brooklyn Bridge. And he's visited by, shall we say, a representative from Oscorp. How he gets into that cell and how he leaves that cell without the guards knowing? We have yet to find out."

I'm guessing it's either Mysterio or Miles Warren.

the greenman

When I was watching the film, felt like the long set up with.Oscorp was setting up something bigger than just Green Goblin. We know thatThe Goblin may be in the sequel, but it may not be Norman since he's supposedly on deathsbed. I imagine that Oscorp may be involved with cloning, maybe Miles Warren is the shadowy figure. If he is involved, then it opens up an expanding sector of the Spider-Man universe nicely.

Spideyzilla

Staff member

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=62930

Dr. Connors actor Rhys Ifans on that same end-credits scene:
Rhys Ifans: Connors is sent to an asylum, a high-security asylum, as you would be if you threw police towers across the Brooklyn Bridge. And he's visited by, shall we say, a representative from Oscorp. How he gets into that cell and how he leaves that cell without the guards knowing? We have yet to find out."

Well that sucks. I think Michael Massee would be a very interesting choice for Norman and I would like to see his portrayal. It could really be anyone from the Spider-Man mythos. It's too bad. It's pretty clear we're going to see the Green Goblin eventually, and I think it would be good for the audience to meet Norman in a different movie before he suits up

the greenman

Well that sucks. I think Michael Massee would be a very interesting choice for Norman and I would like to see his portrayal. It could really be anyone from the Spider-Man mythos. It's too bad. It's pretty clear we're going to see the Green Goblin eventually, and I think it would be good for the audience to meet Norman in a different movie before he suits up

I wouldn't say just anyone, but whomever it is, is probably meant to be high on the foodchain. It could even me Tombstone for all we know. But Norman Osborn is probably doing what he did in Spectacular Spider-Man by maybe setting up a front for himself. Maybe Harry will be Hobby in the Sequel, or so we will be lead to believe.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Mendel Stromm came to mind when I saw the scene. But I've always wanted to see Mysterio in a Spider-Man movie though and if I'm remembering right - at least one Mysterio had teleportation powers. Miles Warren would be another good choice but I still got clone fatigue, lol.

soundmonkey44

Melancholic Man.
I saw ASM night before last, pretty solid film. I actually enjoyed it a lot more then the Rami trilogy.

I think the only real complaint I have is that the new Aunt May (Sally Field) can't hold a candle to Rosemary Harris (seriously that gal was the perfect Aunt May!

Aside from that though, yeah I enjoyed it, it felt a bit dragged out at times, but yeah Spidy, the Lizard, Gwen, Denis Leary (lol) overall more then enough elements to make it an enjoyable flick. Defiantly gonna go see it a 2nd time like I did with Avengers.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts