The Adventures of Kid Danger - Series Talkback Thread

ToonJay723

Staff member
You can make a good action / Adventure cartoon in Flash. Titmouse, and the studio that animates Rick and Morty is proof of that.
They’re just doing a lousy job here. This looks cheap and lame. The writing’s not even good, it’s just as bad as the live-action show.
Hard pass.
I don't think anybody with animation experience worked on this show. Cheap Teletoon/YTV shows look better than this.

Mr.O

Ehhh. Not too interested anymore. And I usually give any super hero cartoon a chance.

Also, I'm tired of these major corporations giving Adobe/Animate a bad rep. I'm more of a traditional animation guy, but I've seen some pretty gorgeous Flash animations done by independent artists.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
They also uploaded a behind the scenes of the two cast voice acting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I don't think anybody with animation experience worked on this show. Cheap Teletoon/YTV shows look better than this.
I just saw the first episode. I don't know if there was anyone else that I didn't recognize, but apparently, Zac Moncrief and Donovan Cook work on this show. Moncrief's credits (at least for the first episode) are supervising producer, co-director (for the second segment), and main title design, and Cook directed the first segment.

Anyway, I did like how it didn't waste time in doing stuff it couldn't do on the main show, and over time, I think that could give the animated series an edge over it. Otherwise, it's not really for me. I don't think Henry Danger is a bad show and I kept up with it during season 1 because I liked the concept, but I dropped it after mainly because I didn't like the humor. That was pretty much the same issue I had with this show. I might put it on if it's airing and nothing better is on, mainly because of the edge I feel this could have over the main show, but otherwise, I don't plan on keeping up with this.

Last edited:

ToonJay723

Staff member
I just saw the first episode. I don't know if there was anyone else that I didn't recognize, but apparently, Zac Moncrief and Donovan Cook work on this show. Moncrief's credits (at least for the first episode) are supervising producer, co-director (for the second segment), and main title design, and Cook directed the first segment.
I also check out some of the character designers, and their work looks pretty good. So not sure why the series itself looks the way it does.

But anyways, the episodes were boring and the jokes were standard for this guy's show. I won't be returning.

zoombie

I admit the Back To The Future gag and the Good Burger 2 background gag made me laugh. It is a harmless show.

Though the personalities of Captain Man and Kid Danger, ignore a school bus full of children in danger, steal the credit from Charlotte, cheat to win the Drone dance and who knew what Henry did to the evil doctor, their personality and their attitude of saving the day remind me of Teen Titans Go!, if that is the direction they want to follow fine.

kanc

zap2it lists Henry Danger "Toon in for Danger" as one hour, also it's nice that at the end of Henry Danger episode, immediately panning to TV theater they are watching, Adventures of Kid Danger theme plays. Immediately after the theme, went into first episode: "Popcorn Monster" TV parental guide TV-G (smaller one) appears

kanc

Well I guess if nobody wants to comment on these episodes, I guess someone can unpin this thread down

Sgbear98

I just watched the episode that aired tonight (2/2/18) and sat in horror as they recreated Smokey and the bandit clips. Where our two HEROs are running from the law...as if that wasn't bad, Captain Man actually hands Kid Danger a blaster (gun) and tells him to SHOOT at the cops!!! What are they thinking!!!!

jjc927

Woah, they really had them shooting at cops? I can't believe Nick allowed that or that it was believed to be a good idea.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Woah, they really had them shooting at cops? I can't believe Nick allowed that or that it was believed to be a good idea.

Man, this show sounds WORSE than I previously thought. I ain't never touching this trash, now (Meh, like I ever was - it just felt good to get that out of my system, baby!!!).

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I just watched the episode that aired tonight (2/2/18) and sat in horror as they recreated Smokey and the bandit clips. Where our two HEROs are running from the law...as if that wasn't bad, Captain Man actually hands Kid Danger a blaster (gun) and tells him to SHOOT at the cops!!! What are they thinking!!!!
Man, this show sounds WORSE than I previously thought. I ain't never touching this trash, now (Meh, like I ever was - it just felt good to get that out of my system, baby!!!).
Well keep in mind that the cop in the episode was as dumb as Patrick Star from "Spongebob" (maybe not THAT dumb) and he really wanted one of those "texas weiners".

jjc927

After watching the episode I do see that, but it still wasn't the best thing to show. Showing superheroes evading a cop and trying to shoot out the car's tires was just dumb.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts