Tex Avery's MGM shorts coming to Blu-Ray.

Latest News & Videos

copper20

Eric
Jan 17, 2012
Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
THANK you Warner Archive SO much! I was about to pick out the droopy collection on DVD but this is so much better. On an unrelated note, how's about releasing tom and jerry gc volume 2, and release those cartoons without any stupid edits because R D R R stereotype complaints. Now that I think of it I am praying they don't edit any of these shorts. It's like graffiti.

Marsh

Sep 26, 2019
San Mateo, California
The Tex Avery Screwball Classics Volume 1 Blu-ray is excellent. Quality is great, with the 4K transfer to 1080P. I didn't watch The Tex Avery Show on Cartoon Network or Boomerang, so I was only familiar with a bit of his Warner Brothers work, as well as Red Hot Riding Hood and Droopy for MGM. The cartoons are very clever and funny, with lots of sight gags. I published a web review/article on the set yesterday. Here's the link:

Review of Tex Avery's Screwball Classics Volume 1 Blu-ray

Marsh

Sep 26, 2019
San Mateo, California
Here's the update: Jerry Beck said on the Stu's Show podcast yesterday that there will be a Tex Avery Volume 2 Blu-ray, and it will be released sometime before the end of the year. He said it wouldn't be Christmas time. It also might have bonus features this time. While he didn't come right out and say it, he hinted that the remaining Screwy Squirrel cartoon not on Vol. 1, Happy-Go-Nutty, would be on Vol. 2.

“Tex Avery Screwball Classics Volume 1" Blu-ray Review

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

back when the Harvey Weinstein allegations happened i remember saying "well i'm not surprised he's known for being a jerk to certain movies particularly in his treatment in animated movies he acquired and is known for re-cutting live action flims behind director's backs."
They are still airing New Episodes of Max and Ruby???
Most NBCU networks will air movies with limited ads.
Happy 51st Birthday to MCU Ant-Man's Paul Rudd
Happy 24th Birthday to Bunk'd star Miranda May
Happy 22nd Birthday to Bunk'd and Jessie's Peyton R. List