"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012)" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Storm Eagle

Power to the peaceful
This episode to air on Sept 20 has full episode shown on nick.com before it could premiere on TV?
Yeah Nick does that sometimes
They've done that with these episodes so far:

Season 2:
The Manhattan Project parts 1 & 2
A Chinatown Ghost Story
Into Dimension X!
The Invasion 1 & 2

Season 3:
Battle for New York 1 & 2

And now..."Dinosaurs Seen in Sewers!".

Last edited:

kanc

season 4 premiere starts Sun Oct 25 at 11AM. I think season 5 just starts the production.

Dudley

Staff member
Yeah, the great thing about TMNT is that we don't have to wait long for the next season, unlike other shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looney Turtles

Yeah, just 6 more days now until the start of Season 4. I'm quite looking forward to what's in store for the Turtles in space.

Frontier

Staff member
Yes! Can't wait for the season 4 premier and to see the Turtles in space :D.

I wonder if we're going to jump into the Turtles fighting Lord Dregg or have them come upon the Triceraton Emperor first? It might just depend on what the Fugitoid tells them they need to do to save the Earth.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'm pretty eager for the new season as well. I'm curious what the turtle will do while they travel in space and how they'll eventually be able to save the Earth.

Looney Turtles

I also wonder how further confrontations with the Triceratons will turn out, because going by the Season 3 finale, they aren't easy to defeat, and Splinter and Shredder were the only ones who proved any sort of challenge to them.

StorytellerMJ5

Maybe it's just me, but my interest in season 4 is almost nonexistent. I believe this show has been going downhill hard since that season 2 finale. Almost everything after has been disappointing. I hope things in space will be fun, but just with Casey and April being brought along kind of bums me out. It really does feel like a rehash of the start of season 3. But, maybe that's just me who feels that way.

Frontier

Staff member
I think the Turtles having a specific goal in space, saving the Earth and stopping the Triceratons, means we'll see less meandering around and filler like we did in season 3 while they were in Northampton :).

That, and the first half of season 4 has been referred to as a "10-episode arc," at least I think so, which hopefully means we'll see more development and direction with the space arc ;).

Last edited:

StorytellerMJ5

I think the Turtles having a specific goal in space, saving the Earth and stopping the Triceratons, means we'll see less meandering around and filler like we did in season 3 while they were in Northampton :).

That, and the first half of season 4 has been referred to as a "10-season arc," at least I think so, which hopefully means we'll see more development and direction with the space arc ;).

I don't know if I could handle 10 seasons of the turtles in space. ;)

Hopefully, it will be enjoyable, but I'm having a hard time getting interested or excited for it, like others here seem to be.

Dudley

Staff member
Maybe it's just me, but my interest in season 4 is almost nonexistent. I believe this show has been going downhill hard since that season 2 finale. Almost everything after has been disappointing. I hope things in space will be fun, but just with Casey and April being brought along kind of bums me out. It really does feel like a rehash of the start of season 3. But, maybe that's just me who feels that way.
I actually feel the same way to. The show has gotten a little worse with each season. I'm hoping the fourth season will be fun, but I'm not holding my breath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Light Lucario

Staff member
While season three might have been the weakest season thus far, I don't think that it has made me lose significant interest in the series. I can definitely understand feeling that way, but I'm still generally interested and curious how they'll handle being in space, fighting aliens and eventually saving the Earth somehow. The show is generally still fun, but the one shot episodes are still hit or miss and the pacing for the previous season was worse than in previous seasons too.

Dragnatek

That, and the first half of season 4 has been referred to as a "10-season arc," at least I think so, which hopefully means we'll see more development and direction with the space arc ;).
You mean ten episode arc right?

Anyway while season three was weaker I liked that they started bringing in more comic book characters and plots. I feel they handled the first Ranet story better then the 2003 series did.

Hopefully the space arc won't be a repeat of the farm arc.

Frontier

Staff member
You mean ten episode arc right?

Anyway while season three was weaker I liked that they started bringing in more comic book characters and plots. I feel they handled the first Ranet story better then the 2003 series did.

Hopefully the space arc won't be a repeat of the farm arc.
I don't know if I could handle 10 seasons of the turtles in space. ;)

Hopefully, it will be enjoyable, but I'm having a hard time getting interested or excited for it, like others here seem to be.
Oops :oops:.

Well, I think season three did have its weaker moments and the Northampton arc definitely took far longer than it should have (but at least the episodes were generally decent to good), but I feel that once the Turtles got back to New York the show really got back in gear :).

Also, I'm wondering how people feel about Seth Green as Leo now that season 3 is finished. Do people still miss Jason Biggs, or think Green has proved a worthy successor? I have to say it really surprised me how well he eventually fit into the role ;).

Light Lucario

Staff member
Oops :oops:.

Well, I think season three did have its weaker moments and the Northampton arc definitely took far longer than it should have (but at least the episodes were generally decent to good), but I feel that once the Turtles got back to New York the show really got back in gear :).

Also, I'm wondering how people feel about Seth Green as Leo now that season 3 is finished. Do people still miss Jason Biggs, or think Green has proved a worthy successor? I have to say it really surprised me how well he eventually fit into the role ;).

Yeah, while the farm arc took a bit too long, most of the episodes were pretty decent to good. I don't recall a lot of episodes that were particularly bad at least. Most of the weaker episodes in this series seem to be more dull than flat out bad for me. Once they got back to New York, the season became really interesting.

As for Seth Green, I think he does a really good job as Leo. At first, it seemed a bit jarring and the voice sounded a bit rough, although I'm not sure if that was because Seth Green was getting used to the role, voicing Leo in a way that made it obvious that his throat was damaged from the fight or a combination of the two. Regardless, I think he does a great job as Leo and I don't really miss Jason Biggs. He did a good job as Leo too, but once Seth Green got a used to the role, I think that his voice does an even better with making Leo sound like a young, but capable leader. He was a good choice to replace Jason Biggs.

Looney Turtles

While season three might have been the weakest season thus far, I don't think that it has made me lose significant interest in the series. I can definitely understand feeling that way, but I'm still generally interested and curious how they'll handle being in space, fighting aliens and eventually saving the Earth somehow. The show is generally still fun, but the one shot episodes are still hit or miss and the pacing for the previous season was worse than in previous seasons too.

I've enjoyed all three seasons quite a bit, but season 2 is probably my favorite so far.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts