Teen Titans "Nevermore" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate "Nevermore" and Post Your Comments

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 11 37.9%

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 1 3.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Hey guys! It's Jim, and I'm fillin' in for Bird Boy tonight! The Teen Titans return, with an all-new spotlight episode on Raven! Discuss the previous episode here.

t-Main.jpg

Episode #6 "Nevermore"
Original Airdate - August 30th, 2003

Raven's creepy tantrum of crackling black energy leaves Dr. Light begging for mercy, and the Titans see a new side of Raven- her temper. But, when Cyborg and Beast Boy find a Mysterious Mirror in Raven's room, they're suddenly transported to a strange nightmare world that's somehow connected to Raven.

Comments?

Wanna Chat about it? Join Teen Titans Nevermore on AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)!

wrenchien

very moving episode.. especially the raven dressed in white...

and next weeks's has got to be fun seeing raven AND starfire change minds and voices.

isn't it so funny when you swap souls and minds their vocal cords tend to swap too?!?!

that whole promo with raven's head spinning as starfire's mind went into hyperpanic will be worth tuning in alone for that. :D

Fernus

Abraham Sapien
Big step up from the previous episodes.

Really liked seeing all of Raven's personalities. I didn't get one thing. Was that her Dad, or her rage personality?

Otherwise, I give this **** stars.

Killtacular

the race wars had begun
It was her rage personality, which was symbolized by her father.

Krypton710

LOOK!!! BEHIND YOU!!!
Very cool ep man Raven kicked the livin' daylights out of Doctor Light I liked all the diffrent personalitys of Raven esspcaily the happy one. I give it 5 stars. BTW does anyone know why the theme was in Japanese? :confused:

Namuh

Yeah I know I'm a Copycat!
This has definitely become one of my favorite episodes,the different personalities of Raven,the little side story with Starfire and Robin wanting to help Raven,the character developement between Raven and Beast Boy was great :D .I gave this episode Five Stars.Also the episode for next week looks like it's going to be funny. :p

JohnStewart-GL

Mighty JLU memba
This was a good episode. It added some great development to Raven. The opening with Dr light was tight. It was a pretty serious ep but still maintain the comical parts i loved beast boy's breakfast. and how the Titans reacted to it. Hopefully well see Trigon in season2.

BeastBoyWonder

Teen Titans Go!
I don't really have time to post my comments in depth, but one thing that I just wanted to note was that it was interesting how Raven had to get over her own personal struggles, difficulties, and identity crises before she was able to cope with her father... that was all sort of played out in a symbolic fashion with the different series' of fights. It was also neat to see how she overcame her difficulties with the help of her friends, even after she tried to shut them out. It was certainly a very interesting episode, and it'll be neat to see how this all sort of pans out.

Mister Intensity

Let me comment on one part of the episode no one else commented on. I love Dr. Light's silver age speech pattern. It makes sense considering his character.

Mister Intensity

Maxie Zeus

Upside Down
Best ... episode ... yet.

Terrific synthesis of action, drama, character exploration, comedy, along with some truly creepy moments ("turn back") and lots of great-but-not-overbearing ... what are we calling those anime-influenced bits? Anyway, lots of those.

And I loved hearing the theme song in Japanese.

DianaGohan

Terrific synthesis of action, drama, character exploration, comedy, along with some truly creepy moments ("turn back") and lots of great-but-not-overbearing ... what are we calling those anime-influenced bits? Anyway, lots of those.

Artistic style examples, I think.

The Detective

**** 1/2 (and keep in mind that is pretty much a perfect score for me as I don't give five stars unless I was 100% percent blown away by something)

Best episode yet. We really get to delve into Raven (literally if not figuratively as well) and find out about some of her inner struggles and inner demons. (pun absolutely intended :D ) I'm glad they just focused on Raven, Cyborg, and Beast Boy rather than drag Robin and Starfire into it. I found the constant switching to Star and Robin mildly irrating but not too bad.

Somewhat creepy moments with the birds and the 'turn baaaack' thing. All those different Raven's were funny, especially the marine one. And while I'm still not a fan of the anime, it was well used in this one.

And yeah, I noticed how the theme song was actually sung in japanese this time around. Is that going to be a permanent fixture?

Maxie Zeus

Upside Down
The Detective said:
I found the constant switching to Star and Robin mildly irrating but not too bad.

Heh. Me, I really like those inserts. I especially liked the last, where Robin was watching baseball with his mouth slacked open. That is how you're supposed to watch those looooonnnggggg boring innings, isn't it? :D

The Detective said:
And yeah, I noticed how the theme song was actually sung in japanese this time around. Is that going to be a permanent fixture?

I doubt it. But we'll see. I thought it was nifty one-off thing, just a curveball thrown at us by the producers. I started laughing really hard when I realized it wasn't English.

Captin "Hank" Murphy

Free Labotamies for Apes.
Great ep, my favorite Raven personalitys were the green butt-kicking one(I find butt-kicking women sexy), the yellow one in glasses(so cute), and the orange gross (the one picking her ear and burping) one(so funny).
I also like the obvious hint of a R/BB relaationship. :anime:
Raven-"I thought you didn't like me"
Beast Boy-"I thought you didn't like me"

Also Starfire begging Robin to check on Raven was funny to(knowtice SF slidding behind Robin the last time she asked(classic anime move)?).

btw, I heard there was gonna be a scene in Raven's room where you see, in the background, the chicken doll BB won for her at the begining of the ep "sisters". I didn't see it, did any of you did?

As for the next ep, were any of you bugged by Starfire's(aka:Raven in spirit) eyes when she asked "What's wrong with the way I look?"(hope her eyes don't look that way through the entire ep during the mind switch:p)

Batman49

Naked Snake Returns
Well I haven't responded to some of the past talkbacks for the past couple episodes of TT but I have watched them and along with this episode it seems as if the show is getting better. Now, I still have problems with some of the stuff like the "anime" moments but they seem to have toned that done considerably which is a plus. This episode was the best one so far and it was nice to see a semi-adaptation I guess you could say, of the story where Raven is clensed of evil and dons white. Good episode and I hope they keep getting better. Sad to see that less people here seem to be catching Teen Titans now.

Faye_Tweed

Chunky Munky
TT is really hitting its stride now, I think. There is no real way that this episode could have been done any better, sans knocking off some of the Starfire-Robin stuff that chopped up the main plot a little too much for my liking.

While many of the previous episodes relied on the handy character-comes-out-of-friggin'-nowhere plot device, we actually got to see Raven's reaction to the fact that the boys had knocked down her door and gotten into the mirror- her little "oh no!" moment was appropriately jarring for her otherwise calm (okay, not in this epsiode) character.

And about the chicken thing... that was actually a little wish of mine in the "Sisters" talkback that wasn't granted. Hee hee. I started a rumor!

Let's just hope that next week's ep is good as well. Body-switch shows tend to be either really good or really bad and nothing inbetween. Hilarity will ensue... especially with Starfire trying to control Raven's twitchy powers.

DarkLantern

Keeping my promise
The theme sounds both funky and formal in Japanese, doesn't it?

DL

---

When evil villains come after you
It's nice to know you'll be protected.
In fact, when the world need heroes to guard them...

Teen Titans GO!

ryeck

CSUF Titan
Easily the finest episode of Teen Titans to date. I have enjoyed this series since the premire, and I find that it has quickly become one of my favorite shows on television. I love the interaction between Beast Boy and Cyborg in regards to food, with BB pushing his tofu eggs and Cy wanting the real deal. Raven has been my favorite character so far (even though I like all the Titans) and to see the different aspects of her personality was sweet. It shows these characters have deeper concerns than they initially let on. I can't say enough about how much I enjoy Teen Titans as a whole. Of course, I don't happen to care if it's tied to any "continuity", or who built Titans Tower, and I happen to like the anime, it's called trying something different, and you know what, it works. 5 Stars from me, keep the excellent episodes coming

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts