Teen Titans "Lightspeed" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Post Your Thoughts on "Lightspeed"

Votes: 37 40.7%
  • **** 1/2

Votes: 30 33.0%

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • *** 1/2

Votes: 5 5.5%

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • ** 1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• * 1/2

• 1/2

• I changed the channel at "Lightspeed!"

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Bird Boy

WF Admin
Staff member
Time for Kid Flash!

tt-name.gif

Episode #60 - Lightspeed
Original Airdate - December 3rd, 2005

With Titans dispatched across the globe, members of the HIVE FIVE figure they have it made. Unfortunately their city-wide crime spree is cut short when a new hero in town spoils the fun. Handing him over to the BROTHERHOOD OF EVIL may score the Hive Five points, but actually catching this lightning-fast do-gooder is much harder than it seems.

Comments?

Snailbait

yeah. ok?
Just a few minutes in and it's already been bizarre. I thought something was wrong with my TV during that opening!! Totally unexpected!

jv2k

Faster than the fat flash
Not bad so far, but whats up with the skinny magic batman?

MJC

Great episode so far.

Is it just me or is Kid Flash more competent than Justice League Flash?

Youko Recca

Retired
Well, I haven't particularly been keeping up with the episodes this season, but of what I have seen I'd have to say this is one of the best ones yet. Really fun, Kid Flash is providing some good interaction with the Hive Five(Who can't help but be comedy, given how they stay getting they ass beat). Wasn't TT at it's best, but wasn't a boring waste of my time. And that's all I ask for.

Juu-kuchi

Everypony's Starry-Eyed
Nice touch. Rosenbaum voices the younger Flash as well.

Wow. The majority episodes this season (all two of them) that don't feature the main Titans are the best ones.

KuwabaraTheMan

Loved Wally in this episode, wish we had more of him with this episode's title being about him and all that. Hopefully he'll show up more. Jinx was alright, but the plot got a little tiring.

Metallo

Re: Lightspeed!!

Have to say this episode was one of the better episodes of Teen Titans this season. Michael Rosenbaum voicing Kid Flash was a nice touch as well. And Kid Flash's use of his powers has pretty much been better than most of what we have seen from the Flash on JLU.

jv2k

Faster than the fat flash
A pretty good episode, in fact the best one in a long time. Nice balance between comedy and seriousness. I wouldn't mind them forgeting about the titans and focusing on kid flash.

Snailbait

yeah. ok?
Solid episode, possible romance

Wow. That was pretty good!

There were some pretty funny lines tonight. Mammoth: "Hey, I paid for that!" and "Ooh! Pie!". And Gizmo..."Yes, ma'am."
For the first episode that didn't feature any of the Titans, this was pretty good. The interaction between Jinx and Kid Flash was great. Hopefully we'll see more on that in the finale. Kid Flash himself was a lot better than I expected. He was a pretty cool hero. Hopefully Jinx will turn to the side of good...she's so cool...
Kid Flash: So you're the Hive Five, right? Why is that since there are six of you?
See-More: Because it sounds cooler..???

Tea

>:D
Best. HIVE episode. Ever.

Jinx left the HIVE...? :eek: Didn't see that coming. Awesome characterization and animation. I love how hey finally gave the Hive personalities now and the "villian's side" direction they took with this episode.

Favorite lines:

Gizmo: Jinx's got a boyfriend, Jinx's got a boyfriend-AAHH!

Speedy: So if you're called the Hive Five... why is there only six of you?
Seemore: Because uh... it sounds cooler...?

Jinx: But where will I go? What will I do?
Speedy: Trust me.
Jinx: ...nah.

Speedy: You know, I never took you for the unicorn type.

*Kid Flash whirlwinds Seemore and Bat Guy into the ocean*
Seemore: ...Um, what just happened?

And also how Jinx took down Madame Rouge. :D
5/5.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
Why isn't this mirrored in the Toonami thread?

Anyways, great episode. Funny lines and Pie! :p Hope to see Kid Flash and the Hive Five (Six? Thousand?) I give it a 10/10.

(If Teen Titans was/is cannon, this would place it before Justice League, right?)

Kodra

Mr. 314
MJC said:
Great episode so far.

Is it just me or is Kid Flash more competent than Justice League Flash?
Well, at least there's not as much disparity between Kid Flash and Flash as there is between Aqualad and Aquaman.

Sweet episode though, I love the Hive Five (Six?) and although they got rid of Private Hive who I thought was sweet, but that they replaced him with Kid Wicked, and he was awesome. Like a more martial version of Raven, or a young DC version of Nightcrawler.

I like how they did a better job of showing how Jinx's powers worked, between Kid Flash slipping on the water, the door rusting to disentegration, to the water pipes drenching Kid Flash.

Of course, I'd hope that Jinx would have the sense to tell Rouge where to stick it if she asked her to join up at a later point, though that might be too tempting.

Best episode so far this season.

10/10

~Kodra

PTurkey

¿Quién mirará Los Ice Creams?
The Madame Rouge shape-shifting trick actually surprised me this time.
AND TRON.

I liked this. I didn't miss the Titans one bit. The Kid Flash and Jinx interactions were pretty good. Those two make such a cute couple, and I usually don't care for that 'shipping business. I just hope Jinx actually stays a villain. Oh, right. It's cancelled. It probably won't matter :( .

If there ever is a TT spinoff, Hive 5 should be it. Numerous and Mammoth are so freakin' hilarious.

Snailbait

yeah. ok?
Moonglo said:
Jinx left the HIVE...? :eek: Didn't see that coming.
So she really did? It didn't seem confirmed. Looked like she needed time to consider it. I mean, yeah, she said no to See-More (about a crime spree), but does that mean it's a done deal?

LucheLibre

...Testicular Fortitude...
Great episode. They had a bit of the slapstick comedy like "For Real" had and a great serious side that did not get overblown or muddied.

The only part I thought I might hate was when Flash and Jinx talked for the first time. It seemed to get abruptly into a deep conversation about her motives. I'm sure some screamed "CLICHE!!!" when they first started hearing it. The fact that Jinx was using the conversation as a ploy really upped the episode rank in my eyes.

The VAs for Flash and the Hive were really great. Very little in-your-face mania but some great tone depth, especially from Jinx and Flash. Calm but earnest and genuine, can't get much better than that.

"Lightspeed" definitely falls deep inside the "good" category. Can't wait for the next one.

Was it me or did Kid Flash act a lot more like Impulse then Wally? Seemed more like him with his personality, (dashing out of the cage to get food, dismantling the tower) then the Kid flash from the 80's Teen Titans.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts