"Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans" News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
"Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans"

Direct to Video Movie Set for Late 2019
Related Threads
-
Teen Titans Go! News and Discussion Thread Part 2
-Teen Titans Go! Season 5 Talkback
-Teen Titans Go! To The Movies Talkback

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I saw a few Tweets that Michael Jelenic said the original Teen Titans would return, but I was waiting for a more official source before posting about it here. It seems no site has covered the WonderCon panel.

The closest thing I found is a comment on Greg Cipes' Instagram. I took a screenshot and circled the relevant comment:
WUlSgew.png

If it is true, then I expect it to be only in an episode of Teen Titans Go. There's also the question of who the "original" Teen Titans are - the ones from the 2003 cartoon, or the ones from the 60s.

EDIT:
At the 3:21 minutes mark in this recording, Jelenic does say they plan on doing more stuff with the original in the future.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
They've found many ways to sneak in old footage of Murakami Teen Titans - in Robin's dreams or a whole episode redubbed, etc. I'm leaning towards this sort or appearance. And addition, there was the convention merch of those TT beating up the TTG Teen Titans. If it's a crossover of dimensions, that would be neat. Though Control Freak already said he rebooted the Murakami universe into TTG so in theory it would be a weird time travel story? Heh heh, look at me trying to think this logically.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I for one haven't seen it, but Greg Cipes Tweeted this appeared on Cartoon Network during a re-run of Teen Titans Go!:
Edit: As mentioned below, it's just a screenshot from an episode of TTG, not any foreshaodwing of a Season 6 for the previous Teen Titans cartoon.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
Sorry if this has been discussed already in recent weeks but I wonder whether we're going to hear any more regarding the movie's credits scene? It seems strange that that scene hasn't been addressed yet by Warner Bros. or DC...
Yeah, I was expecting to get something from either WB or DC, but I guess not...

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Yeah seriously the writers of TTG get a lot of flack for their shortcomings but there were quite a few from the original 2003 series that can be mined for mockery as well so hope that's addressed and hope this actually is a 22 minute special episode since seriously this is the kind of crossover it would make sense to hype up as a big deal.

I think a lot of people are upset that the teaser credits were for this and not a season 6 for... some reason. Even though it was stated we'd only get season 6 if the movie did like 200 something million dollars world wide (which it didn't) and even the tone of that teaser was establishing the original 2003 Titans coming back AGAINST the Go Staff. So we don't know how this will shake out but regardless this should be a super hyped event. Honestly so should "Crossover Nexus" but I feel CN didn't do that because that was an OK KO Episode and not a TTG ep. This one is so yeah hype it up as much as you can and make sure it's an actual CROSSOVER that gives a lot of room for the 2K3 team to be in.

BTW the plot should be that TTG's Control Freak finally found a way to bring the original team back he "rebooted" who show up in the TTG world to attack the TTG team pointing out how they negatively branded their legacy which leads to a debate between the two shows. 100,000+ points if they throw in a Titans streaming joke reference somewhere in there.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Warner confirmed Teen Titans Go! To The Movies comes with a teaser for a crossover "Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans" set for 2019. It is a Teen Titans Go! direct to video (DTV) movie and NOT an episode of Teen Titans Go! It is not part of season 5. A entirely separate crew is handling this. There are no current writers, directors, storyboarders, or designers from the TTG series working on this DTV. So far they only supplied some existing models, but all the other designs are handled by people who do not work on TTG. This DTV is what the teaser at the end of the TTG movie was hinting at. This is currently the only 2003-2006 Teen Titans related animation being worked on at WB.

Last edited:

Dudley

Staff member
This has been a long time coming. I hope it’ll be fun for fans of both series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It appears not even anyone from the original animated series is working on the TT vs. TTG DTV.

Last edited:

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
It appears not even anyone from the original animated series is working on the TT vs. TTG DTV.

Mannnnnnnnnn is my hype for TT vs TTG dropping. Sorry but if you are specifically signalling out two separate shows as having the crossover and still have people from those series available they should be the ones working on the crossover. Even if it was still overseen by one specific company just having everyone else involved and in the know (like what happened with OK KO's Crossover Nexus episode) will make the overall product better. I'm guessing the "Justice League Vs Teen Titans" and "Teen Titans: The Judas Contract" DTV teams is behind this one and those movies are fine but again those titans are their own thing while this is actually about the two shows so getting the people from those shows would really be best. Instead of this "oh we're just using the name of these series but not any of the actual people involved with working on them even though we so obviously could do that" thing we're getting instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Maybe the movie will be written and produced by people who haven't worked on either series (at least extensively), but still be WB regulars, like if Jim Krieg and Jeremy Adams wrote the movie .

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I have to agree that it's weird to make a crossover movie, and then have no one involved with either franchise work on it. Bizarre.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/

Featured Posts