"Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans" News and Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

Batboy84

Mar 8, 2019
Earth
I am glad that though Michael and Aaron aren't on this project they did actually get someone related form TTG! to work on it because yeah if this is a mashing of the two worlds then you really should have someone from both teams... even though yeah seems like they aren't going to really get someone who worked on the actual TT series to work on this. And I don't mean as an executive producer (as in they are only titled that because this movie is based on the shows) but in the art and writing department. Because yeah the TTG! team feel like they are in character... the regular Teen Titans from 2003-2006 don't though. Granted we only heard bits of them here but the voices still seem more in line with TTG even though the TT variations should sound as different as possible to emphazize the different crossover worlds, and the personalities either feel a bit too much like the TTG! team or just being the "super serious kind of jerks" the TTG usually get paired against when crossing over with a serious character. I know this isn't going to overly insult and belittle the TTG! base too much but it should highlight how different the two shows really are from one another which I'm not getting the feel of. Also honestly we really should be getting some of the art team of TT to work on this as well. Sorry but this is a movie even a DTV one; they obviously have the extra money an finance for this project so use it to actually have accurate takes on both team taking up the screen.

Again it could work as sometimes a teaser trailer can just have the worst elements of a project to try and sell it but yeah this isn't really doing it for me at all.
Agreed. Aside from the designs and one is supposed to be more serious than the other, there is NOTHING to differentiate the two sets of Titans from each other. This does not feel like a crossover movie. This feels like an extended episode of Teen Titans Go.

Cartoonfan13

Sep 12, 2017
Agreed. Aside from the designs and one is supposed to be more serious than the other, there is NOTHING to differentiate the two sets of Titans from each other. This does not feel like a crossover movie. This feels like an extended episode of Teen Titans Go.
How do you guys think the movie will do in terms of sales and viewing numbers?

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
You'd have to click on the image below to enlarge it, but all 5 of the Titans are in there, in their designs from The Judas Contract movie. I guess only Nightwing will have any lines, or the cast list isn't completely revealed yet. I doubt they would have any substantial roles, though.
Why settle for two Titans continuities when you can bring in all of them ;)?

Although Cyborg there is kind of random, both because of his drab animated movie design and because he's not even technically a Titan in the continuity they're drawing from :p.
And even that is kind of a misonomer because, as serious as that show got, the Titans were still fun and goofy :confused:.

Corwin Haught

Sep 14, 2013
How do you guys think the movie will do in terms of sales and viewing numbers?
Hard numbers for DTV films don't exist. The Numbers has their estimate, and NPD releases an official top 10 chart that doesn't include exact figures; those are the only looks into the home video market that are publicly available.

(Edit:You'll notice that neither of them include digital.)

Last edited:

-batmat-

Nov 10, 2010
Argentina
I'll probably check it out when it's out, but I can't really say I'm excited for this one after seeing that trailer. The only thing interesting was that final shot with all the different Titans from different universes, but man, I wish they wouldn't have spoiled that in the trailer.

Terror of Death

Aug 1, 2007
US
This is going to be another Turtles Forever situation when it comes those who dislike it. I expect to see a lot of complaints on Youtube, Amazon, and the like saying the original Titans were not portrayed 100% accurately and didn't get enough time to shine.

Looking forward to it but I hope its more than an hour.

Cartoonfan13

Sep 12, 2017
This is going to be another Turtles Forever situation when it comes those who dislike it. I expect to see a lot of complaints on Youtube, Amazon, and the like saying the original Titans were not portrayed 100% accurately and didn't get enough time to shine.

Looking forward to it but I hope its more than an hour.
Hopefully it sells though.

Reactions: Terror of Death

Cartoonfan13

Sep 12, 2017
There's gonna be a panel discussion afterwards, do you think there will be any questions about Teen Titans Season 6?