"Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans" News and Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So it may have been recorded between July and October 2017 since for Outsiders we know 10 and 15 to 16 episodes were recorded respectively for those months based on YJ news.

Last edited:

BIGGUY4U

I don't like the idea of the come back of a classic action cartoon being glued to a show that's literally all about parodying the original (IMHO poorly).
I, and I'm sure many other fans, wanted TT Season 6. You know, the action show?
That upcoming Fatal Five movie is meant as a return/tribute (Not sure if its DCAU yet) to the old Timm/Dini/McDuffie cartoons, and that is clearly an action-focused movie. Why can't the same be for the return of the early 2000's Teen Titans cartoon? Instead, we get a parody? Without any involvement from the original writers?
Yeah, no. Skipping this one. If a Teen Titans S6 DOES happen because of it, then I'll be thankful but I still won't like it.

ShadowStar

I wonder if TTG! vs. TT will be screened at SDCC. It's been a long time since it was announced so at this point, I have to wonder whether they're saving it for a huge event like SDCC. If it isn't released this Summer, then that will be crazy considering the huge tease back in July 2018.

iammattie

Nothing huge, but I don't think this has been mentioned here yet. Tristin Cole confirmed in May last year that she was working on background paint for the film. Came across her blog while doing WDb research and figured I'd share. Tristin's worked on loads of shows and movies, but notable DC projects include "Freedom Fighters: The Ray", "Justice League Action", "Superman Doomsday", and "Static Shock".

Cartoonfan13

Nothing huge, but I don't think this has been mentioned here yet. Tristin Cole confirmed in May last year that she was working on background paint for the film. Came across her blog while doing WDb research and figured I'd share. Tristin's worked on loads of shows and movies, but notable DC projects include "Freedom Fighters: The Ray", "Justice League Action", "Superman Doomsday", and "Static Shock".
How far do you think the film was in production?

So it may have been recorded between July and October 2017 since for Outsiders we know 10 and 15 to 16 episodes were recorded respectively for those months based on YJ news.
So a little before the TTG Movie?

I wonder if TTG! vs. TT will be screened at SDCC. It's been a long time since it was announced so at this point, I have to wonder whether they're saving it for a huge event like SDCC. If it isn't released this Summer, then that will be crazy considering the huge tease back in July 2018.
I hope so.

Mod Note: Triple Post merged. Use the Edit button instead of posting multiple times in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:

iammattie

How far do you think the film was in production?
I can't say for sure. Despite making youtube videos based on cartoons as one of my jobs, I'm not particularly savvy on the inner-workings of the animation industry. Perhaps there's someone else here who would know more and can correct me if I'm wrong, but I imagine paints (be it BG or otherwise) would be one of the last steps before sending material off to the animators. Maybe second to last step with storyboarding occurring in-between, but I imagine board artists can get a head start before paints are ever done since the majority of storyboards I've seen are in black and white.

Cartoonfan13

I can't say for sure. Despite making youtube videos based on cartoons as one of my jobs, I'm not particularly savvy on the inner-workings of the animation industry. Perhaps there's someone else here who would know more and can correct me if I'm wrong, but I imagine paints (be it BG or otherwise) would be one of the last steps before sending material off to the animators. Maybe second to last step with storyboarding occurring in-between, but I imagine board artists can get a head start before paints are ever done since the majority of storyboards I've seen are in black and white.
Here's some insight from Sam Liu.

Last edited by a moderator:

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
It sounds interesting but TTG already this concept a thousand times "goofy Teen Titans meet someone serious and they make jokes and bounce off with the character" kinda boring premise imo

Cartoonfan13

It sounds interesting but TTG already this concept a thousand times "goofy Teen Titans meet someone serious and they make jokes and bounce off with the character" kinda boring premise imo
Yeah it does but what other option do we have but supporting the crossover?

Last edited: