"Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans" News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It's somewhat relevant but remember let's not digress too far into a TT season 6 discussion. There's enough threads about it already.

Hmm. So Jelenic teased the movie at Wonder Con 2018, voice acting was in late summer/fall 2017-ish, Cole was doing work in May 2018, it probably got shipped to overseas next, a Fall 2019 release definitely seems plausible, imo. Since the general DTV press is currently focused on the Batman vs TMNT DTV, I wonder if TTG vs. TT will come up at all at SDCC. Maybe Jelenic and Horvath will mention it. I was thinking New York Comic Con was where TTG vs TT would have a presence.

Cartoonfan13

It's somewhat relevant but remember let's not digress too far into a TT season 6 discussion. There's enough threads about it already.

Hmm. So Jelenic teased the movie at Wonder Con 2018, voice acting was in late summer/fall 2017-ish, Cole was doing work in May 2018, it probably got shipped to overseas next, a Fall 2019 release definitely seems plausible, imo. Since the general DTV press is currently focused on the Batman vs TMNT DTV, I wonder if TTG vs. TT will come up at all at SDCC. Maybe Jelenic and Horvath will mention it. I was thinking New York Comic Con was where TTG vs TT would have a presence.
What's the most recent thread about it?

Cartoonfan13

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-05-06-21-03-31.png
    Capture+_2019-05-06-21-03-31.png
    182.3 KB · Views: 345
Last edited by a moderator:

Cartoonfan13

That makes sense. Will Arnett was a producer for the TTG Movie last year since he voiced Slade, so having someone from the Titans cast as a producer here works out.
5/7: I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the crossover was his and Tara Strong's idea, considering they have been pushing for Teen Titans Season 6 the longest.

5/8: Khary Payton on TTG Movie mid credit scene.

Mod Note: Double Post Merged

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-05-08-19-17-19.png
    Capture+_2019-05-08-19-17-19.png
    187.3 KB · Views: 374
Last edited by a moderator:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Not sure how reliable the site is and you might need a translator for the page, but Collectors-Junkies currently reports the Blu-Ray is expected to be released on September 26th. The movie is apparently only 60 minutes long.
Oh, a German site. Hm, so if there's any kernel of truth to it, perhaps the U.S. release will be September 24.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
So Marly Halpern-Graser and Jeremy Adams are the writers, and Jeff Mednikow is the director. As they mentioned before it was a new crew working on this movie.

I find it interesting they also list Sean Maher as Nightwing in the cast.

Dudley

Staff member
IGN has the exclusive trailer debut of Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans. Check it out here.

So the animation is practically on par with the movies, which is neat.
And although I would’ve preferred if the 2003 Titans were animated like in their original series, I’m aware that would’ve been logistically difficult.
Still this looks like fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cartoonfan13

So the animation is practically on par with the movies, which is neat.
And although I would’ve preferred if the 2003 Titans were animated like in their original series, I’m aware that would’ve been logistically difficult.
Still this looks like fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It looks decent. Still hurts though.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
You don't know the half of it. In one of the final shots of the trailer, you can spot the DCAMU's Nightwing in his The Judas Contract costume.
You'd have to click on the image below to enlarge it, but all 5 of the Titans are in there, in their designs from The Judas Contract movie. I guess only Nightwing will have any lines, or the cast list isn't completely revealed yet. I doubt they would have any substantial roles, though.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
I am glad that though Michael and Aaron aren't on this project they did actually get someone related form TTG! to work on it because yeah if this is a mashing of the two worlds then you really should have someone from both teams... even though yeah seems like they aren't going to really get someone who worked on the actual TT series to work on this. And I don't mean as an executive producer (as in they are only titled that because this movie is based on the shows) but in the art and writing department. Because yeah the TTG! team feel like they are in character... the regular Teen Titans from 2003-2006 don't though. Granted we only heard bits of them here but the voices still seem more in line with TTG even though the TT variations should sound as different as possible to emphazize the different crossover worlds, and the personalities either feel a bit too much like the TTG! team or just being the "super serious kind of jerks" the TTG usually get paired against when crossing over with a serious character. I know this isn't going to overly insult and belittle the TTG! base too much but it should highlight how different the two shows really are from one another which I'm not getting the feel of. Also honestly we really should be getting some of the art team of TT to work on this as well. Sorry but this is a movie even a DTV one; they obviously have the extra money an finance for this project so use it to actually have accurate takes on both team taking up the screen.

Again it could work as sometimes a teaser trailer can just have the worst elements of a project to try and sell it but yeah this isn't really doing it for me at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts