"Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans" News and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So it may have been recorded between July and October 2017 since for Outsiders we know 10 and 15 to 16 episodes were recorded respectively for those months based on YJ news.

Last edited:

BIGGUY4U

I don't like the idea of the come back of a classic action cartoon being glued to a show that's literally all about parodying the original (IMHO poorly).
I, and I'm sure many other fans, wanted TT Season 6. You know, the action show?
That upcoming Fatal Five movie is meant as a return/tribute (Not sure if its DCAU yet) to the old Timm/Dini/McDuffie cartoons, and that is clearly an action-focused movie. Why can't the same be for the return of the early 2000's Teen Titans cartoon? Instead, we get a parody? Without any involvement from the original writers?
Yeah, no. Skipping this one. If a Teen Titans S6 DOES happen because of it, then I'll be thankful but I still won't like it.

ShadowStar

I wonder if TTG! vs. TT will be screened at SDCC. It's been a long time since it was announced so at this point, I have to wonder whether they're saving it for a huge event like SDCC. If it isn't released this Summer, then that will be crazy considering the huge tease back in July 2018.

iammattie

Nothing huge, but I don't think this has been mentioned here yet. Tristin Cole confirmed in May last year that she was working on background paint for the film. Came across her blog while doing WDb research and figured I'd share. Tristin's worked on loads of shows and movies, but notable DC projects include "Freedom Fighters: The Ray", "Justice League Action", "Superman Doomsday", and "Static Shock".

Cartoonfan13

Nothing huge, but I don't think this has been mentioned here yet. Tristin Cole confirmed in May last year that she was working on background paint for the film. Came across her blog while doing WDb research and figured I'd share. Tristin's worked on loads of shows and movies, but notable DC projects include "Freedom Fighters: The Ray", "Justice League Action", "Superman Doomsday", and "Static Shock".
How far do you think the film was in production?

So it may have been recorded between July and October 2017 since for Outsiders we know 10 and 15 to 16 episodes were recorded respectively for those months based on YJ news.
So a little before the TTG Movie?

I wonder if TTG! vs. TT will be screened at SDCC. It's been a long time since it was announced so at this point, I have to wonder whether they're saving it for a huge event like SDCC. If it isn't released this Summer, then that will be crazy considering the huge tease back in July 2018.
I hope so.

Mod Note: Triple Post merged. Use the Edit button instead of posting multiple times in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:

iammattie

How far do you think the film was in production?

I can't say for sure. Despite making youtube videos based on cartoons as one of my jobs, I'm not particularly savvy on the inner-workings of the animation industry. Perhaps there's someone else here who would know more and can correct me if I'm wrong, but I imagine paints (be it BG or otherwise) would be one of the last steps before sending material off to the animators. Maybe second to last step with storyboarding occurring in-between, but I imagine board artists can get a head start before paints are ever done since the majority of storyboards I've seen are in black and white.

Cartoonfan13

I can't say for sure. Despite making youtube videos based on cartoons as one of my jobs, I'm not particularly savvy on the inner-workings of the animation industry. Perhaps there's someone else here who would know more and can correct me if I'm wrong, but I imagine paints (be it BG or otherwise) would be one of the last steps before sending material off to the animators. Maybe second to last step with storyboarding occurring in-between, but I imagine board artists can get a head start before paints are ever done since the majority of storyboards I've seen are in black and white.
Here's some insight from Sam Liu.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
It sounds interesting but TTG already this concept a thousand times "goofy Teen Titans meet someone serious and they make jokes and bounce off with the character" kinda boring premise imo

Cartoonfan13

It sounds interesting but TTG already this concept a thousand times "goofy Teen Titans meet someone serious and they make jokes and bounce off with the character" kinda boring premise imo
Yeah it does but what other option do we have but supporting the crossover to show the demand for Teen Titans Season 6 is real.

Last edited:

Batboy84

I mean to have a chance at Teen Titans Season 6 happening.
I honestly don't think that will ever happen at this point, especially after they tried to get everyone to watch TTGTTM to get a Season 6 of Teen Titans, as if that's the message that the executives would get, that they want Season 6 of TT, and not more TTG. And even if it did end up happening, where would it air? CN is still focused on comedy shows, and the one DC action show it did have in recent years aired Saturday mornings at 7 and ended after one season. And the only other places that would feature it would probably age it up for mature audiences, like DC Universe or Adult Swim. WarnerMedia could host a Season 6 when it launches, but that's still a while away.

iammattie

I mean to have a chance at Teen Titans Season 6 happening.
Personally, I think that the whole "buy this thing to make sure we get the thing we want!" bit isnt as straight forward as it seems. While I'm sure it holds some sort of weight, the fact of the matter seems to be that production on Teen Titans Go vs. Teen Titans began months before the film was even released. Similarly, while JLvF5 didnt start as a DCAU film, storyboard artist Adam Lucas made a post hinting that he started storyboard qork on that project about a month before Batman and Harley Quinn came out, and Susan Eisenberg had hinted at it in a Watchtower Database interview even earlier than that. So, while it's certainly in WB's best interest to act as though their process is reactionary to sales numbers, it's really hard to gauge just how much of a factor that is.

I'm certainly not trying to dissuade you from showing support to get the things that you love, but at the same time I don't think blindly throwing money at something you dont think you'll enjoy is the best answer either.

Personally, I'll be buying the film. I think its gonna be a ton of fun, but if you think the premise is boring, you dont necessarily HAVE to get it to ensure TTS6, it's possible that theres already secretly production started on it. There's really no way of being sure either way.

Batboy84

I'm certainly not trying to dissuade you from showing support to get the things that you love, but at the same time I don't think blindly throwing money at something you dont think you'll enjoy is the best answer either.
This is another excellent point, especially since, again, we don't know if WB will look at this and say "Huh. Guess they want more Teen Titans." They've known for YEARS that fans want a Season 6, something even TTG itself has acknowledged. Artificially inflating the sales numbers for this movie could easily backfire on TT fans and inform WB that people want more "TTG vs" movies or just more TTG in general, and that is saying nothing about the quality of the film, which could easily be really bad or really good or anywhere in between. What I'm trying to say is do NOT buy into this movie expecting a revival, buy into it if you think it'll be a good movie that can stand on its own merits.

Cartoonfan13

I honestly don't think that will ever happen at this point, especially after they tried to get everyone to watch TTGTTM to get a Season 6 of Teen Titans, as if that's the message that the executives would get, that they want Season 6 of TT, and not more TTG. And even if it did end up happening, where would it air? CN is still focused on comedy shows, and the one DC action show it did have in recent years aired Saturday mornings at 7 and ended after one season. And the only other places that would feature it would probably age it up for mature audiences, like DC Universe or Adult Swim. WarnerMedia could host a Season 6 when it launches, but that's still a while away.
I wouldn't mind Teen Titans being aged up in tone as long as it was done Well.

This is another excellent point, especially since, again, we don't know if WB will look at this and say "Huh. Guess they want more Teen Titans." They've known for YEARS that fans want a Season 6, something even TTG itself has acknowledged. Artificially inflating the sales numbers for this movie could easily backfire on TT fans and inform WB that people want more "TTG vs" movies or just more TTG in general, and that is saying nothing about the quality of the film, which could easily be really bad or really good or anywhere in between. What I'm trying to say is do NOT buy into this movie expecting a revival, buy into it if you think it'll be a good movie that can stand on its own merits.
Okay I've heard good things about it so far so I probably will.

Personally, I think that the whole "buy this thing to make sure we get the thing we want!" bit isnt as straight forward as it seems. While I'm sure it holds some sort of weight, the fact of the matter seems to be that production on Teen Titans Go vs. Teen Titans began months before the film was even released. Similarly, while JLvF5 didnt start as a DCAU film, storyboard artist Adam Lucas made a post hinting that he started storyboard qork on that project about a month before Batman and Harley Quinn came out, and Susan Eisenberg had hinted at it in a Watchtower Database interview even earlier than that. So, while it's certainly in WB's best interest to act as though their process is reactionary to sales numbers, it's really hard to gauge just how much of a factor that is.

Personally, I'll be buying the film. I think its gonna be a ton of fun, but if you think the premise is boring, you dont necessarily HAVE to get it to ensure TTS6, it's possible that theres already secretly production started on it. There's really no way of being sure either way.
True there isn't way of being sure although I should it's on Parrot Analytics list of the top 20 most popular Superheroes show in terms of sheer demand.

idemand. I agree it could inform that.

Mod Note: Quadruple post merged. Use the Muti Quote (+Quote) button in bottom right corner of post instead of posting multiple times in a row. 2nd In-Thread Warning.

Otaku-sempai

I honestly don't think that will ever happen at this point, especially after they tried to get everyone to watch TTGTTM to get a Season 6 of Teen Titans, as if that's the message that the executives would get, that they want Season 6 of TT, and not more TTG. And even if it did end up happening, where would it air?
If Cartoon Network doesn't want to bring back the Teen Titans series with a new season, I would fully support it being revived on DC Universe. The streaming service is already carrying the original series. DC Universe would probably not be interested in a new TT animated show as it might be too much like Young Justice.

Cartoonfan13

If Cartoon Network doesn't want to bring back the Teen Titans series with a new season, I would fully support it being revived on DC Universe. The streaming service is already carrying the original series.
And it's one of their most viewed shows.

iammattie

If Cartoon Network doesn't want to bring back the Teen Titans series with a new season, I would fully support it being revived on DC Universe. The streaming service is already carrying the original series. DC Universe would probably not be interested in a new TT animated show as it might be too much like Young Justice.

I could very likely see DCU picking it up. I know they went a bit darker with YJ and Titans, but that doesnt mean everything they do is going to be "dark". YJ was always a bit more mature with their storytelling and the added stakes in outsiders feels like a natural progression of that and more or less Weissman and Co. not being held back by broadcast standards anymore. Titans started off as a pitch for TNT if I remember correctly, so that was always gonna have an edge to it.

The way Teen Titans is structured doesnt give much reason to believe that they'd go very far in that direction at all. If it were to be added as new content to the platform I could see Murikami and Co maybe toy with a little bit of blood here and there, but I dont think they'd really do anything overboard.

Cartoonfan13

I could very likely see DCU picking it up. I know they went a bit darker with YJ and Titans, but that doesnt mean everything they do is going to be "dark". YJ was always a bit more mature with their storytelling and the added stakes in outsiders feels like a natural progression of that and more or less Weissman and Co. not being held back by broadcast standards anymore. Titans started off as a pitch for TNT if I remember correctly, so that was always gonna have an edge to it.

The way Teen Titans is structured doesnt give much reason to believe that they'd go very far in that direction at all. If it were to be added as new content to the platform I could see Murikami and Co maybe toy with a little bit of blood here and there, but I dont think they'd really do anything overboard.

I could see DCU picking up Teen Titans Season 6 especially because it's one of their most viewed shows. And is the second most popular animated superhero show according to Parrot Analytics.

Otaku-sempai

Okay, though when I wrote about a new show I meant exactly that: a completely new Teen Titans animated series as opposed to a sixth season (or more) of the old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts