"Teen Titans Go! vs. Teen Titans" Animated Release Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this movie

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 1 10.0%

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• Total voters

Cartoonfan13

Right after Teen Titans Go!: That's What's Up I saw a promo of New in 2020 and one of the movie premieres it's Teen Titans Go! VS. Teen Titans which is premiering to Cartoon Network in 2020.
Very Interesting wonder why.

Last edited:

CNFan1995

Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Toonami Fan.
Right after the new episode of Total Dramarama they aired a new sneak peek of Teen Titans GO! VS. Teen Titans major spoilers if you hadn't seen the movie; but they showed the release date and it premieres Monday February 17th at 6:00 PM (EST).

Cartoonfan13

Right after the new episode of Total Dramarama they aired a new sneak peek of Teen Titans GO! VS. Teen Titans major spoilers if you hadn't seen the movie; but they showed the release date and it premieres Monday February 17th at 6:00 PM (EST).
Do you think it will crack a Million viewers?

the_joker

I just saw this movie, and I can't say that I care much for this movie if I have to be honest.

I guess the biggest problem I have with the movie is that I don't understand its purpose other than to have various incarnations of the Titans cross over.

The TTG Titans meet their "original" counterparts, sort of. The 2003 Titans' models look worse than their original designs mainly because they only sort of resemble those original designs. The movie was able to use varying designs of the Titans from other stories like from the DC Universe movies, so I'm not even sure why the 2003 Titans look so different.

Actually, I think the designs of the 2003 Titans may be a good metaphor for another problem I have with the movie, which is that the team behind this movie doesn't seem to know that original Teen Titans show that well. This is yet another TTG story that takes shots at its own show, and like in "Let's Get Serious," it doesn't work. I don't actually have a problem with the Titans not being serious. It's that a lot of its humor aren't actually that humorous because the characters act obnoxious, immature, mean, stupid, or some combination of those four things for no reason. Those negative traits aren't necessarily bad by themselves, but since TTG is using the characters from the 2003 show complete with their voice actors, it doesn't make any sense for the Titans to act like they do during the worse moments of the show.

Also, did they forget about the wackier episodes of the 2003 show? It had an alien tofu abducting cows, the TItans getting trapped in Mumbo's hat, the TItans being forced to go to school, Raven babysitting 3 superhero kids, and other weird episodes that I'm too lazy to think of. The point is that the 2003 show wasn't always serious and was even very goofy, so I don't know what they were trying to do with making the 2003 Titans seem more serious, especially the TT Robin mocking the TTG team and especially his counterpart. This problem becomes even more apparent when TT Raven says her mouth can't be animated wide enough to eat TTG Raven even though the 2003 show featured a lot of exaggerated anime expressions.

And there is another complaint I have to make about how the characters are handled. The 2003 Titans initially join this fight because the Master of Games threatened their planet, so why didn't they try to communicate and work with the 2013 Titans when the two teams first met? The 2013 Titans (or at least its Robin) would more than likely refuse to cooperate whether it's because they're not "serious" or they don't know if they could trust the 2003 Titans, but it didn't make sense for the 2003 Titans to not make the effort as they're genuinely heroic characters.

By the way, I don't really care for the "baby hands" joke. Why is Robin the only one mocked for having small hands when everyone else except Cyborg also has small hands?

If this movie was supposed to parody something, I don't know what it was trying to parody. More serious works have more surface appeal? I would like to think that "more serious" works can actually be liked because they are actually good and handle its characters and concepts well.

I think that covers at least most of my major complaints with this movie, but there were things that I liked.

My favorite moment is the Master of Games featuring showing cameos from various Batmen. Of course, Batman: TAS Batman and Adam West Batman would be shown, but I also liked the lesser known Batmen from The Batman and Beware the Batman being shown.

I also liked that the TTG Trigon showed how powerful he is by devouring the TT Trigon after the former decides that he can't take anymore of the latter. It's a good example of silly example still being able to increase stakes.

Of course, having Titans of various continuities and styles cross over and fight together is an impressive sight.

One of the best moments in the movie was TTG Raven accepting her demonic self after trying so hard to repress it, absorbing her demonic self, and this results in TTG Raven no longer needing the gem on her forehead to keep her demonic self at bay. It's also a good example of an emotional moment still being able to work in something like TTG. I don't know if TTG will show Raven without her gem, though.

Ultimately, I feel like this movie and the theatrical movie would actually have been good if TTG just avoided its overly negative traits in the first place. Like the movie has shown with the 2003 Titans criticizing TTG, nothing actually gets solved just by TTG getting mocked.

Last edited:
How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I think this is the first time he responded to a tweet from this account.

Also, this came out.

Updated my avatar to Pan Am Railways, which has just been acquired by CSX.
Check out my sig, would you? I realize at this stage of the game I don't want people to read Gilda & Meek & The Un-Iverse because I want money or fame. I wouldn't have posted 34 free issues on a blog if I did. The Aspie in me simply feels that it's really the only way for another person to fully understand me. That matters to me.

Ever wonder what makes Fone Bone tick? Check out the sig.
Wow! Something was updated to represent a beloved tradition in a sweet way? Oh the HORROR!!! :O :O Hershey's Kisses’ classic Christmas bells ad got a makeover — and people are outraged
DuckTales was canceled? Why is it that despite the fact that I didn't love the show I'm super annoyed anyways?

It turns out I dislike crushing potential as much as I do quality.