"Teen Titans Go! To The Movies" Theatrical Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this movie

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 2 18.2%

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 1 9.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Otaku-sempai

It's too bad the Warner sibs don't seem to get an actual cameo.

YAKKO and WAKKO (in unison): Hellooooo Starfire!

DOT: Boys.

Pooky

It should ultimately do well enough to be profitable by the time it hits home release, if not sooner, but I think that Hotel Transylvania 3 outperforming it in its third weekend means it's unlikely to be a catalyst for any further productions.

Eldorado

Banned
It should ultimately do well enough to be profitable by the time it hits home release, if not sooner, but I think that Hotel Transylvania 3 outperforming it in its third weekend means it's unlikely to be a catalyst for any further productions.

Which catalyst? Teen Titans Go or Hotel Transylvania?

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Uh... pretty obvious Pooky was talking about Teen Titans Go being a catalyst to any other DC Animated Series/Cartoon Network series getting films about them. Hotel Transylvania will likely continue getting films (especially since it's still Sony's most profitable franchise and has proven it can work outside of the September/fall window) but we're not going to see a say Teen Titans Go! To The Movies 2 or a Steven Universe theatrical film (note I said THEATRICAL as I know there is a TV film coming for that series) because of films like this. Which is really sad and not just because TTG Go To The movies actually was pretty decent, but because it's stuff like this that proves at this point in kids animated features, you can't really sell a movie even if it comes from a really popular source if it's a 2D Production. Again I think studios are going to just look at this and point out you "need" the movie to be CGI for it to work or at least advertise it as mostly that (like how the Second spongebob movie was advertised which yeah it wasn't mostly CGI in the film but the advertisement showed all the parts where it was) to get any sort of decent numbers for the film. Because yeah this is going to certainly make it's budget back (which would be 10 million as all movies need to make at least double their budget to be profitable) but it's not going to make 250 million worldwide at all or anything like that.

I do hope we get more then just a TTG vs 2003 TT crossover special from this though and still find a way to get a new season of the 2003 Teen Titans. Maybe that's how the crossover ends: the 2003 Titans spin off back into their own stories or something and both shows can co-exist peacefully with one another.

mimitchi33

Lovely, in my most wonderful way!
It's funny how My Little Pony: The Movie opened at a higher rank than this, but made less money (due to Hurricane Nate happening the same weekend, which affected other movies). And I don't get why Hotel Transylvania is so popular. I remember seeing the first one and I don't remember it being anything special.
But back on topic, I hope it does better next weekend. It's an gem that deserves to be seen!

It's too bad the Warner sibs don't seem to get an actual cameo.

YAKKO and WAKKO (in unison): Hellooooo Starfire!

DOT: Boys.

A scene like this was what I predicted would happen before the actual line appeared in the film.

Last edited:

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has released press details for the film's forthcoming home media release. Check out the details below.

“Teen Titans GO! to the Movies is a laugh-a-minute ride.”
David Betancourt, The Washington Post

WATCH THE SUPERHERO MOVIE TO END ALL SUPERHERO MOVIES (HOPEFULLY) WHEN
Teen Titans GO! to the Movies
ARRIVES ONTO BLU-RAY™ COMBO PACK,
DVD AND DIGITAL FROM
WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT

Own it Early on Digital October 9
Blu-ray and DVD debut October 30

When the Teen Titans go to the big screen, they go big! “Teen Titans GO! to the Movies” finds our egocentric, wildly satirical superheroes in their first feature film extravaganza—a fresh, gleefully clever, kid-appropriately crass and tongue-in-cheek play on the superhero genre, complete with musical numbers. Get ready to LOL when “Teen Titans GO! to the Movies” arrives on Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and Digital.

The first-ever big-screen version of DC Entertainment and Cartoon Network’s animated TV show stars Greg Cipes (TV’s “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles”) as Beast Boy, Scott Menville (TV’s “Spider-Man”) as Robin, Khary Payton (TV’s “The Walking Dead”) as Cyborg, Tara Strong (the “My Little Pony” franchise) as Raven, and Hynden Walch (TV’s “Adventure Time with Finn & Jake”) as Starfire, reprising their roles from the series. Will Arnett (“The LEGO® Batman Movie”) and Kristen Bell (“Frozen”) also lend their voices as the evil Slade and Hollywood director Jade Wilson.

Peter Rida Michail and Aaron Horvath directed the film from a screenplay by Michael Jelenic and Horvath, which is based on characters from DC. Horvath, Jelenic, Peggy Regan, Michail and Arnett produced the film with Sam Register serving as executive producer. The music is by Jared Faber. Superman was created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.

“Teen Titans GO! to the Movies” will be available on Blu-ray Combo Pack for $35.99 and DVD for $28.98. The Blu-ray Combo Pack features a Blu-ray disc with the film and special features in high definition, a DVD with the film in standard definition and a Digital version of the movie. Blu-ray special features are filled with music and fun, including the “DC Super Hero Girls: The Late Batsby” mini-movie, sing-a-longs, a hilarious look at the Teen Titans characters dubbing their favorite lines in other languages in “Teen Titans GO!: Translated” plus much more!

“Teen Titans GO! to the Movies” will also be available on Movies Anywhere. Using the free Movies Anywhere app and website, consumers can access all their eligible movies by connecting their Movies Anywhere account with their participating digital retailer accounts.

Fans can also own “Teen Titans GO! to the Movies” via purchase from digital retailers beginning October 9.

SYNOPSIS
It seems like all the superheroes are getting their own movies – everyone but the Teen Titans, that is! Determined to be a star, Robin vows to change this. If only they could get Hollywood director Jade Wilson (Kristen Bell) to notice them! With a few madcap ideas and musical numbers (of course), the Teen Titans head to Tinsel Town. But when Supervillain Slade (Will Arnett) messes with their plans, the Teen Titans will have to become true superheroes to save the world!

BLU-RAY AND DVD SPECIAL FEATURES
“Teen Titans GO! to the Movies” Blu-ray Combo Pack contains the following special features:
· Lil Yachty Music Video: “Teen Titans GO! Rap”
· Sing-a-long with Silkie “DC Super Hero Girls: The Late Batsby” Mini-Movie
· Red Carpet Mayhem
· Teen Titans GO! To the Movies: WB Lot Shenanigans
· “Everything is Fake”: Exclusive song not in the movie
· “Teen Titans GO!: Translated”
· Storyboard Animatics:
o Storyboard Animatics: Time Cycles
o The Final Battle

“Teen Titans GO! to the Movies” Standard Definition DVD contains the following special features:
· Storyboard Animatics: Time Cycles
· The Final Battle

DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION ELEMENTS
On October 9, “Teen Titans GO! to the Movies” will be available to own in high definition and standard definition from select digital retailers including Amazon, FandangoNow, iTunes, PlayStation, Vudu, Xbox and others. On October 30, “Teen Titans GO! to the Movies” will be made available digitally on Video On Demand services from cable and satellite providers, and on select gaming consoles.

ABOUT MOVIES ANYWHERE
Movies Anywhere is a digital movie platform that enables movie fans to discover, access, and watch their favorite digital movies in one place. Movies Anywhere brings together a library of nearly 7,500 digital movies from Sony Pictures, Twentieth Century Fox Film, The Walt Disney Studios (including Disney, Pixar, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm), Universal Pictures (including DreamWorks and Illumination Entertainment) and Warner Bros., and will continue to expand the consumer experience as more content providers, digital retailers and platforms are added. By connecting participating digital retailers that include Amazon Prime Video, FandangoNOW, Google Play, iTunes and Vudu, movie fans can now bring together their digital movie collections (whether purchased or redeemed) in one place and enjoy them from the comfort of their living rooms, and across multiple devices and platforms, including Amazon Fire devices; Android devices and Android TV; Apple TV; Chromecast; iPhone, iPad and iPod touch; Roku® devices and popular browsers. Movie fans can also redeem digital codes found in eligible Blu-ray and DVD disc packages from participating studios and enjoy them through Movies Anywhere. Movies Anywhere – your movies, together at last.

ABOUT DIGITAL
*Digital movies or TV episodes allow fans to watch a digital version of their movie or TV show anywhere, on their favorite devices. Digital movies or TV episodes are included with the purchase of specially marked Blu-ray discs. With digital, consumers are able to instantly stream and download movies and TV shows to TVs, computers, tablets and smartphones through retail services. For more information on compatible devices and services go to wb.com/digitalmoviefaq. Consult a digital retailer for details and requirements and for a list of digital-compatible devices.

BASICS
Blu-ray Combo Pack $35.99
DVD $28.98
Blu-ray and DVD Street Date: October 30
EST Street Date: October 9
DVD Languages: English, Latin Spanish, Canadian French
BD Languages: English, Latin Spanish, Canadian French, Brazilian Portuguese
DVD Subtitles: English SDH, Latin Spanish, French
BD Subtitles: English, Latin Spanish, French, Brazilian Portuguese
Running Time: 84 minutes
Rating: Rated PG for action and rude humor
DVD: DLBY/SURR DLBY/DGTL [CC]
Blu-ray: DTS HD-MA

About Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Inc.
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) brings together Warner Bros. Entertainment's home video, digital distribution and interactive entertainment businesses in order to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios. An industry leader since its inception, WBHE oversees the global distribution of content through packaged goods (Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD) and digital media in the form of electronic sell-through and video-on-demand via cable, satellite, online and mobile channels, and is a significant developer and publisher for console and online video game titles worldwide. WBHE distributes its product through third party retail partners and licensees.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Teen Titans Go to the Movies! recieved an Annie Award nomination for Outstanding Achievement for Writing in an Animated Feature Production. Check out the list here!

the_joker

I wasn't sure if I should see this because I have only seen season 1 of the show plus a few episodes from season 2, and I wasn't terribly impressed with the show. I do think that the show could be genuinely funny ("Pie Bros," "The Date," and "Burger vs Burrito" are some of the better episodes I have seen), but too many of their episodes were either just okay or flat-out stupid (and not even so stupid that they're funny). Since only a small percentage of what I saw actually amused me, I didn't have much of a reason to continue watching. But I decided to see the movie because it actually got some good reviews, I had some time to spare, and its running time is shorter than the episodes of the show that I haven't seen combined.

The movie was okay.

There were a ton of jokes, of course, but there were a few standouts for me. The Stan Lee cameo was amusing, and it's made a bit more amusing when he says that he loves doing cameos even if it's in a movie from a rival comic book company. The Titans preventing the origin of other superheroes and then later redoing those origins was actually pretty funny. It's even better with the Batman and Superman origin since theirs are tragic, and the Titans decided to do something heroic by saving some lives, but then they have to make sure those tragic origins happen so those 2 become superheroes. Since Bruce Wayne's parent's death involved Robin, maybe that's why Robin doesn't seem to get much respect from Batman in the show? I thought Batman would just try to find another person to be Robin, but the movie is a lighthearted comedy, so I guess it's all fine. The joke that got the biggest laugh out of me was the Shia LeBeouf joke, especially when I recall some online comments mockingly twisting his name a long time ago. Otherwise, the other jokes got a "meh" reaction from me.

I'm very mixed about the main story. The Titans, especially Robin who wants his own movie as Batman gets a lot of his own movies plus spinoffs (I suppose the utility belt being seen as more valuable than Robin is a joke worth acknowledging), are distressed about not being taken seriously as heroes. Is this yet another response to the online criticism about the show? The show already did that at least twice with "Let's Get Serious" and "The Return of Slade" (and more I'm sure, but those were the only ones I saw), and I can't say that I liked those episodes, but I won't get into that right now. The movie says that the Titans aren't viewed as heroes because they're goofballs who prefer to screw around instead of being heroes. In a superhero comedy show, being goofballs isn't bad by itself, but as a number of online comments have said about the show, the Titans can be very mean to each other or act overly immature and/or juvenile all for no real reason, and more than a few episodes came off poorly as a result.

But the Titans show that they can be competent heroes if they try, and I liked how the beginning and end of the movie played out. They sing a song about themselves to the first villains, but nothing got accomplished. Then, when they finally face Slade, their song actually manages to destroy his giant robot.

In the show, since the Titans can be so mean to each other, I kept wondering if the show was trying to make them a dysfunctional family, but that wouldn't make sense as the main characters are based on their "classic" 2000s version, and that team was anything but a dysfunctional family (maybe except in the case of Beast Boy and Raven, but even that isn't very dysfunctional). So, I liked that the team actually cares about each other in the movie, which is a huge step up from their relationship in the show.

The scene during the credits was pretty interesting, though. I don't know if the original Teen Titans show will return, but the scene seemed to be teasing more at the upcoming Teen Titans vs Teen Titans Go movie. I don't know how I feel about that movie at the moment, but I don't know if I want the movie to be taking shots at TTG because doing that wouldn't improve the show or solve its problems.

Last edited:
The scene during the credits was pretty interesting, though. I don't know if the original Teen Titans show will return, but the scene seemed to be teasing more at the upcoming Teen Titans vs Teen Titans Go movie. I don't know how I feel about that movie at the moment, but I don't know if I want the movie to be taking shots at TTG because doing that wouldn't improve the show or solve its problems.
The Post Credit Scene Was indeed teasing more at Teen Titans Go vs Teen Titans.
I don't know how to feel about the movie either, i'm just hoping it becomes the impetus that ends up leading to Teen Titans Season 6.

Fone Bone

Hindsight 2020!
Teen Titans Go! To The Movies

The climax was great. Some of the jokes were truly funny. But I don't feel like the premise was a good one for a movie. I am not the guy who believes I need to relate to every superhero's problems. I sneer at superhero projects who insist I try and see myself in them. And yet, I feel that a hero's struggle should at least be, you know, HEROIC. Robin's wanting to star in a movie to prove to everyone else he's a hero is not a good arc or a wish fulfillment any good person should want to have. It's basically narcissism, and the movie somehow takes a goal that none of the audience can relate to, and crazily makes it self-centered anyways. As far as self-centered motivations go, I don't either like them or dislike them. But I think they should at least be good, or if not, understandable. This is me, the person who doesn't demand relatable heroes saying I didn't relate to Robin's desires and that's a bad thing. I feel like a narcissist saying that, but apparently even I have my limits. Good to know.

What not have Scott Menville sing his own song? Dude has an amazing singing voice, and was not only able to belt Auld Lang Syne in the New Year's episode flawlessly in falsetto, but he totally killed it. He is not a voice actor who needs a bland pop-star stand-in. He may have the cracking teenage voice, but he drinks Scott Weigner's milkshake and always did.

Do you know the worst part of Slade being confused for Deadpool? Deathstroke DID come first. In a lot of ways, Deadpool was a rip-off of him. If Deathstroke told jokes they'd be the exact same character. Ouch.

Nick Cage as Superman's voice: As long as this keeps him out of live-action adaptions, the court will allow it.

Being Shia LeBeauf is a MUCH worse sin than being a supervillain, and it is always was.

The Teen Titans tag was intriguing, but I think it got people's hopes up a little too much.

My two favorite jokes:

1. Robin giving Young Bruce Wayne a high-five upon his parents getting shot. I have often stated the writers of the show are sick individuals. And they are. But I'd make better peace with that if they came out with more appalling and funny jokes like that.

2. I did not see the film in the theater, but I imagine the last line of the movie REALLY cheesed off the parents in the audience. They were probably sitting there groaning saying, "I knew the show was stupid going in, but I thought it would be harmless enough. The car ride home is going to be hell." It was a funny joke though.

I heard nothing but great things about the movie ahead of time, so silly me, I half-expected it be great. It's just not the dumpster fire the show tends to be every other week. As a Teen Titans Go project, it's just plain swell. As a movie? Eh. ***.

"GO!" Lil Yachty Music Video:

The song is equally catchy and stupid. So your basic earworm. Thanks for nothing, TTG. ****.

Teen Titans Go! Red Carpet Mayhem:

This is some animated promotional material. It's cute. ***1/2.

WB Lot Shenaigans:

I think this is exactly what happened to the Banana Splits right before they went on their killing spree. ****1/2.

Everything Is Fake:

A deleted song. Neat! ****.

Storyboard Animatics:

Animatics with side by side final film comparisons. Both: ****.

Time Cycles:

Neat. ****.

The Final Battle:

Spiffy. ****.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Apparently, in addition to the DreamWorks incarnation of Trolls... Disney Channel aired the DiC one?
they can bring back g4, chiller, and cloo back on xumo, i mean if they bring back spike tv for pluto tv, why not chiller, cloo, and g4 for xumo
Hey guys, I'm back! Been gone for almost a year from having a lot on my plate but now I have more free time. I hope everyone here is making it through these tough and difficult times.
Today marks the 20th Year Anniversary of when Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask was released in North America. Majora's Mask was the second game from the franchise I played and certainly fits with the Halloween theme.
Why did Adult Swim air the Family Guy episode Wasted Talent as part of the Halloween special?