Teen Titans Go! "The Fourth Wall" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment on this Episode!

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The week of new Teen Titans Go! episodes continues tonight at 6:00pm (ET) on Cartoon Network! Your new favorite show!

Teen Titans Go!
"The Fourth Wall" airs Monday, October 20th, 2015 on Cartoon Network
Control Freak informs the Titans that they are on a TV show he created and demands they earn him an award.

Comments?

Dudley

Staff member
Uh oh. This could be another episode where they make fun of the show and the fanbase.
I actually love those, but then the internet explodes with angry comments by fans feeling they're been attacked, and it becomes all fusterclucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
This was way, way better than the Young Justice episode.

Neat they had Trevor Devall, David Kaye and Kari Wahlgren sub in as the Titans.

And I think it's safe to say Contrl Freak will go down as the most hated Titans villain by fans.

Last edited:

tuatara1

You know, I don't think I've ever seen any other TV show as defensive about what it is and isn't. It seems to me like someone feels the need to justify their career choices... Over and over again.

Dudley

Staff member
The Titans reacting to the original series was hilarious especially when they watched the final episode.
I also enjoyed the jabs at the animation.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
This was pretty hilarious. The big reveal that Control Freak was the one responsible for the older Teen Titans show not getting a 6th season was a surprise. The Titans' reactions to how they looked like in that show and how it ended were priceless. Their attempts at changing their designs, animation style and humor were pretty amusing, I especially liked their new voices. No surprise that they went back to "normal" by the end of the episode though. I was thinking this could have worked better as a season finale or something. Still, fun stuff.

Did anyone notice the "Dawn of Just Us" poster with Batman & Superman in that hallway?

dadadada

I really don't like Teen Titans pic style, its characters are not drawn very carefully, but I like Robin, Robin is a talented boy.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Okay unlike "Let's Get Serious" which had no idea to really go about the haters and ended up with confused mess of a parody, or "The Return Of Slade" which clearly thought the problem was with the audience taking the material far too seriously, I think this one actually got to the root as it were about the show and it's detractors. And this time they aren't even trying to be "subtle" or use a metaphor: Control Freak is pretty much saying "people loved the original series and hate you guys for your low brow humor, loud screeching and bad animation." Which you know, even if it wasn't actually paired with some funny jokes I have to respect. You don't often see shows actually spend a good chunk of their running time of an episode pointing out what people feel their flaws are. And granted they go about trying to correct them in pretty sarcastic ways but the line "you'll sell out if you hear people complain about you" also feels directed to the show. And I guess the point in the end is they'll remain true to what they are. Though honestly if we're totally breaking the fourth wall in this one and not bothering with the subtext, this episode really should of ended with Control Freak being told by the network how much kids love these Teen Titans and how popular they are and how they won't be rebooted and will keep playing and playing. And the episode ending with like before the Titans trying to watch TV but finding they're the only things on for hours on end to parallel CN running them into the ground. Seriously if you guys are going so all out you could of done that.

But yeah again I actually do like this one... for the most part. Honestly the stuff about toots and trying to correct how they speak were pretty meh jokes and even if that was suppose to be the point honestly the stuff surrounding it pointing out how the first show ended and how rebooting that one was a mistake even though rebooting TTG isn't and then mocking the animation (Robin pointing out "no excuse" is suppose to be mocking the people who complain about the show looking rushed when it obviously is but... again I compare TTG with other CN series which look and flow a lot better so honestly yeah that isn't an excuse if you guys are supposedly the highest rated yet everything else blows you out of the water) and the new style (part of me thinks that's a knock at Over The Garden Wall) to breaking the fourth wall at the end. So yeah solid episode for once actually getting how to properly mock themselves. Heh at this point wonder if there will be an episode going after specific haters if we're now acknowledging the show's "reboot" and the like.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
I only caught the second half of this. They were going to rerun it today, but changed the schedule at the last minute. Is there any way to see this episode? I don't think CN runs Teen Titans Go often enough.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I liked the episode, but yeah, it is weird how the writers feel they have to keep defending themselves...

That said, I don't see why fans would be mad. The characters admitted that the original show was really good...

Yippee Coyote

Graphic Novelist
And people thought Gumball was CN's most self-aware show. The question is, why are the writers trying so hard to address these issues but not resolve them?

Ace

Ace
So I watched it and it's okay I guess. Better than the two other hater response episodes. Part of that was that they weren't going directly at the haters as to that being what the entire episode is about. Instead it's really quick jabs at them and the Titans themselves actually acknowledged the original being a good show, which was pretty funny. I don't really get many of the points the writer's make here, but the episode can be enjoyed for it's intriguing viewer experience. The parts of the Titans themselves being self aware of how fans perceive them, hating the fact they are on TV and then trying to improve the show in silly ways you'd expect this incarnations' Titans to do. It's just a great plot on it's own. Although, except for the self aware humor it isn't really that funny though.

Dudley

Staff member
And people thought Gumball was CN's most self-aware show. The question is, why are the writers trying so hard to address these issues but not resolve them?

Because their actually poking fun of the complaints found online by nostalgic fans, and the show does so well ratings wise they don't need to change anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.
Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts