"Teen Titans Go!" Season Six Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this Season!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

GrantM

The references to other Kids WB-era shows were also great to see (and they couldn't resist slamming Loonatics).
Well it made me finally check out Road Rovers and Detention!.........actually in the case of Detention I saw the first episode a while ago so I watched the second episode. Also Shareena is my favorite of the students in it!. Okay I'll get back on topic!

If anything this episode made me think if TTG is gonna rely on crossovers a lot more from now on, I know of the DC Super Hero Girls one but I wonder what else the show has in store

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, today at 9:00AM ET on Cartoon Network!

talkback.png

Teen Titans Go! "Baby Mouth
Episode Debut - November 21, 2020

In order to find out about his family history, Robin takes a DNA test and discovers he's from Babylon.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
What a bizarre episode. But in the vein of the 'Raven was right' reveal and the nothing went back to normal ending.

Kinda weird Batman never compiled a file on Robin's family history and gave it to him. But eh, neither here nor there.

I pretty much chuckle whenever they do a send up of the BTAS opening credits.

When Beast Boy mentioned his grandma, got thinking and yep, she had a cameo in the episode "Lication."

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Yeah episodes like this remind me of how viciously uneven this show is. The original Teen Titans admittedly did have some of that but it's nothing compared to TTG! which can actually be pretty good or incredibly bad dependent on the subject material. When they are actually trying to make a point or can tie it into the mythos of another character or world (especially if they have that character or world actually there) it can be really good but then you got episodes that seem to have been made when one of the writers thought "hey what if the ancient nation of Babylon was actually inhabited by baby people cause they have baby parts so we can do a bunch of baby jokes" and yeah kept on bringing up that dead horse. I admit the baby hand thing was a kind of funny joke in the TTG movie but I have otherwise never found it amusing so the idea of doing most of an entire episode and just filling it with "ha ha these guys have baby bits isn't that funny" as very annoying and just panderingly childish. Which feels especially ironic because weren't they just making fun of that kind of thing two episodes ago with "Toddler Titans Yay" about being seen as a baby show but you know now we have a show of most of the team being turned into babies kind of proving that point. And again the only real jokes that landed were everyone beating up Robin for his crying interrupting their activities and Beast Boy pointing out how he thought Batman was Robin's father. Would of been funnier if they managed to do a Damiyan Wayne reference there instead of... 7 minutes of just baby jokes but yeah once we got to Babylon it just became dumb baby jokes ending on the Titans still as babies with more bad baby jokes. *Sighs* Sad thing is most of the standard bad episodes are one joke failures like this one that just repeat the same random nonsense over and over again which isn't what the show is actually like at it's best but stuff like this makes me realize how so rarely that best can even come in.

GrantM

Yeah episodes like this remind me of how viciously uneven this show is. The original Teen Titans admittedly did have some of that but it's nothing compared to TTG! which can actually be pretty good or incredibly bad dependent on the subject material. When they are actually trying to make a point or can tie it into the mythos of another character or world (especially if they have that character or world actually there) it can be really good but then you got episodes that seem to have been made when one of the writers thought "hey what if the ancient nation of Babylon was actually inhabited by baby people cause they have baby parts so we can do a bunch of baby jokes" and yeah kept on bringing up that dead horse. I admit the baby hand thing was a kind of funny joke in the TTG movie but I have otherwise never found it amusing so the idea of doing most of an entire episode and just filling it with "ha ha these guys have baby bits isn't that funny" as very annoying and just panderingly childish. Which feels especially ironic because weren't they just making fun of that kind of thing two episodes ago with "Toddler Titans Yay" about being seen as a baby show but you know now we have a show of most of the team being turned into babies kind of proving that point. And again the only real jokes that landed were everyone beating up Robin for his crying interrupting their activities and Beast Boy pointing out how he thought Batman was Robin's father. Would of been funnier if they managed to do a Damiyan Wayne reference there instead of... 7 minutes of just baby jokes but yeah once we got to Babylon it just became dumb baby jokes ending on the Titans still as babies with more bad baby jokes. *Sighs* Sad thing is most of the standard bad episodes are one joke failures like this one that just repeat the same random nonsense over and over again which isn't what the show is actually like at it's best but stuff like this makes me realize how so rarely that best can even come in.
Little baby Raven was cute though.........

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So, Mick Wingert is currently following me on Twitter. That's pretty cool.
CNC
I'm gonna be taking a break from Twitter for 1 whole week. It's too hard for me to talk about.
You know at this point I'm just going to say the Wonder Park series is probably shelved and would never see the light of day.

The movie was greenlit at a time when Paramount and Nick had different management and by the time the movie was released and bombed the previous execs weren't there anymore.
The Animaniacs reboot came and still no new Yakko's World. How would you change the lyrics?
'Toy Story' was released 25 years ago today. Now, compare the animation of that to 'Toy Story 4'. Mind blowing.