"Teen Titans Go!" Season Six Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this Season!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 7:00PM ET on Cartoon Network! New episodes air all week long!

talkback.png
Teen Titans Go! "Ghost With The Most”
Episode Debut - October 5, 2020

When the Halloween Spirit is kidnapped, the Titans must team with Beetlejuice to save the holiday.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Last edited by a moderator:

Corwin Haught

Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 7:00PM ET on Cartoon Network! New episodes air all week long!

Teen Titans Go! "Ghost With The Most”
Episode Debut - October 5, 2020

When the Halloween Spirit is kidnapped, the Titans must team with Beetlejuice to save the holiday.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

This presentation of the character hews more to the movie than the animated series (anyone else remember that?). Nice meta joke about his long-delayed trip to Hawaii.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
So not just Santa wants to steal Halloween for himself. Also feels like a while since the Titans were dead for an episode, lol.

Wonder how hard/easy it was to get permission to use Beetlejuice for an episode. But loved the nods, to the original movie, the 2016 musical and the never made sequel Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian. Even got in cameos of Winona, Adam and Barbara Maitland, and the Handbook for the Recently Deceased.

Figures 2 things Beetlejuice tells them would be his comeuppance, how to draw portal doors and how he hates Sandworms. Loved the ending being a nod to the ending in the movie.

Guess if I had to nitpick, they didn't have to go with him to Netherworld right? They could have just hired him to go in alone and free Halloween Spirit. Of course that would have torpedoed his plan to double cross them.

RoyalRubble

Staff member

talkback.png
Teen Titans Go! "Bucket List
Episode Debut - October 6, 2020

The Titans give Starfire a bucket list of activities to accomplish.

Comments?

Bigawesome2000

The master of cartoons (maybe)
Here are my reviews of the last two episodes:
Ghost with the Most: Beetlejuice did provide some good comic relief. I also enjoyed all of the references in that episode. 7.8/10.

Bucket List: It’s these kind of episodes that I expect to push the boundaries of previous cartoon episodes. There was a lot of room for creativity in this episode, however it was lacking severely. The episode really suffered without that bit of creativity I expect in cartoons. 6.4/10.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
They had me at Robin wrestling an alligator shirtless but my interested weaned back and forth on "Bucket List" - I agree it's another episode that could have gone further but didn't and it ended up dragging. Raven's bucket list, she can't just teleport and see them all in a day? Beast Boy's, thought he was vegan? Cyborg's being 80s themed made sense.

Nice little detail during the stand up scene with a tune similar to Seinfeld. Or Raven suggesting beauty pageants, a callback to "Lil' Dimples". The Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman cameo was cute if you knew they did a Bucket List movie themselves. But little kids watching this would have no idea who they were, probably like Starfire. lol.

They really love doing their flash forwards. Bucket Lord saying you find meaning in life through friends, affirming Starfire's opinion, was the best punchline. And old Beast Boy talking about 'the war' again. Something about Cipes' delivery of "my back!" made me chuckle. But that ending. Beast Boy dies again.

RoyalRubble

Staff member

talkback.png
Teen Titans Go! "TV Knight 6”
Episode Debut - October 7, 2020

Batman is forced to go to the department store with Alfred, but runs off to watch TV with Commissioner Gordon.

Comments?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Wow, 6th one already. Shrug.

Did I spy the Joker face from "Joker" and Henry Cavill's mustache on display in the Batcave in the opening pan shot?

Alfred and Batman being the mom and the kid that runs away at the mall was cute.

Either the writer/director Careen Ingle has a cat or a boarder does, because that scene with the pocket Robin pushing the mug off the counter was so a cat thing. Also funny little detail on the shoe box coffin sending up Nike with "Just Shoe It."

And a rare time the real names of any of the Titans are acknowledged, Logan & Stone. Accidente Attorneys-At-Law. lol.

Yeah, loved the Bob Ross homage, too. And I can't resist the trope of when Raven does something terrible to Beast Boy.

The Captain Cold nod with the Cold Cones was also a cute touch.

Cyborg's rap getting too weird turning into a Ghostbusters and Superman II homage was out of left field. Loved the bit of Robin immediately hammering the Phantom Zone glass.

RoyalRubble

Staff member

talkback.png
Teen Titans Go! "Kryptonite
Episode Debut - October 8, 2020

When Robin explains that knowing your weakness makes you a better superhero, Starfire journeys to find hers.

Comments?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The Titans had some weird weaknesses. Aside from Robin, that was funny and logical everything could hurt him but the others' were so weird – only TTG – but I guess, Starfire has none then? It's TTG, but yeah, in the comics, Starfire and her race have about 4 main weaknesses: they overload if they get too emotional or absorb too much solar radiation, they weaken if all their ultraviolet radiation is depleted, and are violently allergic to metallic chromium.

Loved the Mxyzptlk name drop. Wow, Steel Magnolias. lol. Loved Robin getting frozen solid twice. Or the allusion to Frosty the Snowman.

And sure, of course the other Titans would annoy the Wizard and Weakness and cause a third act fight. But feels like this show leans into bad guys resorting to giant robots a bit too much.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 7:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

talkback.png
Teen Titans Go! "Thumb War”
Episode Debut - October 9, 2020

As the other Titans engage in an all-out thumb wrestling war, Starfire tries to broker peace.

Comments?

Corwin Haught

"Superhero Feud":
Loved the scene where the Titans and SHG compare each other (the DCSHG seem to know of the Titans beforehand, and vice versa; that is more explicable because the Titans probably watch the SHG's TV show). The Feud segment had some nice little goofs on superheroing in the DC multiverse, and the end was rather sudden.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
"Thumb War"

Ah, another one of these TTG vs. their own body stories. Like the one with their guts or Beast Boy's brain.

In terms of the references, I was surprised by the Ride of the Valkyrie/Apocalypse Now homage.

Wonder if it was planned for this week's run to be Starfire-heavy. Well, 3/5 of the episodes.

Guys, does anyone have any idea why Teen Titans Go episodes "Thumb War," and "Kryptonite" are unavailable on iTunes. Same for the last few episodes of DC SuperHero Girls. Other new episodes of other series are up and running, but not the DC shows.

Any guesses appreciated.

--jthree

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Apparently, in addition to the DreamWorks incarnation of Trolls... Disney Channel aired the DiC one?
they can bring back g4, chiller, and cloo back on xumo, i mean if they bring back spike tv for pluto tv, why not chiller, cloo, and g4 for xumo
Hey guys, I'm back! Been gone for almost a year from having a lot on my plate but now I have more free time. I hope everyone here is making it through these tough and difficult times.
Today marks the 20th Year Anniversary of when Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask was released in North America. Majora's Mask was the second game from the franchise I played and certainly fits with the Halloween theme.
Why did Adult Swim air the Family Guy episode Wasted Talent as part of the Halloween special?