"Teen Titans Go!" Season Four Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate & Discuss this "Teen Titans Go!" Season

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 1 10.0%

• **1/2

• *1/2

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 1/2

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Use this thread to discuss the 4th Season of Cartoon Network's hit show, Teen Titans Go!.

Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

talkback.jpg
Teen Titans Go! "Shrimps and Prime Rib"
Episode Debut - October 20th, 2016
Written by - Ben Gruber
Directed by - Dave Stone

The Titans try to remember how to be superheroes in order to stop The Brain.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I was flummoxed by the idiot robot guard scenes but laughed so hard when Kid Flash then Bumblebee and Aqualad then Batman upstaged the TT.

zoombie

The second episode in a row they tried to remind us what the Teen Titans used to be. I don't know what they are going for, are they trying to mock the fans of the old show, or realize we need more action, but it is to late now.

The only nip pick for this episode, it should have been Batman at the end, it should have been the Doom Patrol, did the writers even read the comics or watch the old show, they would know the Doom Patrol was the Brain's arch nemesis, and we had season 5 premiere establish and the Titans finish there fight, I know Batman is more well known, but still.

How come the rest of the Brotherhood of Evil haven't been on the show, I mean there is no reason Madame Rogue can't be on the show, she is voiced by one of the regular cast member. Granted so is Blackfire, and she has only been in like one episode.

I watched this episode, and right after that I watched DC Super Hero Girls short, and shows the difference, DCSHG is what TTG is trying to do, but done so much better, both trying to do a parody of super hero shows and not take it self so serious, but I think DCSHG does a better job of balancing the humor, but not forget it is about super heroes. TTG can learn from that, no one is saying it has to be all serious and dark, you can still have humor, DCSHG as well as the original TT are examples of it done right.

Last edited:

Max Powar

And yet TTG is Cartoon Network's most watched show, so obviously it's been done exactly right.

TTG is gleefully, shamelessly subversive, and despite the angst of adult viewers with arrested development eating too many 'member berries' (South Park reference) downvoting the show into pseudo-oblivion on imdb and other such communities, TTG remains outrageously successful with the only viewers that actually matter: the kids of today.

It should also be noted that the returning voice-cast for TTG clearly enjoys the new style and tone. Frankly their voice-acting in TTG shows more enthusiasm than it ever did in the original series. They seem to be just as gleeful about the self-aware, unapologetic parody as the writers themselves.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The Titans forgetting how to be superheroes was a pretty dumb concept, but I think they managed to work in some amusing gags throughout the episode. I was wondering how big of a role the shrimps and prime rib would play in this story...

The ending with all the other hero cameos was probably the best part.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

talkback.jpg
Teen Titans Go! "Halloween Vs. Christmas"
Episode Debut - October 27th, 2016
Written by - Ben Gruber
Directed by - Luke Cormican

When Santa tries to take over Halloween, it's up to the Titans and a few ghouls to stop him.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Eh. Liked last year's Halloween one more. Dug they played all three in a row today.

zoombie

Is this the first time Santa tried to steal a holiday, that plot sounds familiar, the Titans have dealt with Santa before, I don't remember why.

You don't see to many kids show that make Santa the villain, unless it is a very religious show.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Oh dang! Dracula drained Rudolph...

Is this the first time Santa tried to steal a holiday, that plot sounds familiar, the Titans have dealt with Santa before, I don't remember why.

You don't see to many kids show that make Santa the villain, unless it is a very religious show.
Tried to steal Easter, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Thanksgiving, President's Day, Arbor Day, Hanukkah, Cinco de Mayo, Purim, Groundhog Day, and Halloween last season.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Decent episode but kind of predictable. I liked the fight between the Halloween and Christmas creatures and the callback to "The Night Begins to Shine" was a nice surprise.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

talkback.jpg
Teen Titans Go! "Booby Trap House"
Episode Debut - November 3rd, 2016
Written by - Ben Gruber
Directed by - Dave Stone

After being left alone at home, Cyborg and Starfire booby trap the tower for safety.

Comments?

Last edited:

zoombie

Did I just see a Home Alone parody with the Teen Titans, I mean really?

Well when they driving through the desert, I half expected them to run into Period and Steven during the time they were chasing that corrupted gem. LOL

AnotherRandomGuy

The cat came back, he just couldn't stay away
I'm not the biggest fan of TTG to be frank, but this episode got a few chuckles out of me particularly the bit with the tangerines

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yeah, I dug the tangerines part, too. When I first saw the title, I thought it might be a Home Alone tribute. Didn't expect a dash of Saved by the Bell and Indiana Jones, lol.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The first part was pretty lame, with Cyborg & Starfire acting so immature and keeping Robin awake all night with those bird noises; it was just annoying.

The second part was pretty funny, the booby traps they came up with were ridiculous but did get the job done properly. The ending was kind of abrupt though, I was expecting them to realize the monsters were the other Titans.

The bit with the tangerines was fun, I also liked how easily it was solved, too. "Oh, here they are". :p

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The second part was pretty funny, the booby traps they came up with were ridiculous but did get the job done properly. The ending was kind of abrupt though, I was expecting them to realize the monsters were the other Titans.
Yeah, figured it would the Home Alone 'reunion' ending undercut by some random TTG ending like the grizzly bear grabbing Robin.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

talkback.jpg
Teen Titans Go! "Fish Water"
Episode Debut - November 17th, 2016
Written by: Christopher Gentile
Directed by: Luke Cormican

Starfire wins a goldfish at the carnival and vows to keep it alive.

Comments?

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Carnies....

I couldn't have been the only person wondering what the toast's story was, right? :p

Song was a bit Meghan Trainor-ish.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Decent episode. The Titans versus the carnies was an interesting scene. Starfire saving all the other goldfish was pretty amusing.

Hopefully they'll do an episode about that toast as well someday. :p

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts