"Teen Titans Go!" Season Five Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this season

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Dudley

Staff member
Yeah, I agree with Fone Bone. Bumblebee doesn’t add anything to the dynamic of the five Titans.
But considering how this camp thing is an event arc like Island Adventure, I don’t think she’ll be a permanent member, once Camp is over.

Huh, they could’ve also referenced MLP:FiM as a six-group dynamic. Maybe in a future episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Huh, they could’ve also referenced MLP:FiM as a six-group dynamic. Maybe in a future episode.

I'm pretty sure MLP:FIM doesn't exist in the TTG Universe as Pretty Pretty Pegasus is their MLP:FIM stand in which really only stars two characters instead of six.

I'm a bit more willing for them to cut slack on them not having Bumblebee start off with that strong a personality (since let's face it; outside of gimmicks a lot of the strong personality this version of the TT team have boils down to either being of one mind or Robin and the others as you usually don't see all five having a lot of stand out personality in just one episode) as the whole point was more making fun of the idea of adding in an additional character and wanting to stick to their beloved formula so especially with that whole Wonder Girl thing mentioned earlier there's possiblity of Bumblebee having more goofiness later to either fit in or make things different. That said this wasn't an especially strong episode since they really should of taken more time to mock the set up since aside from the HIVE's annoyed reactions and the bear attack the whole "Titans as pirates" wasn't that funny especially as we've seen them act as pirates before so feels like an unintentional copy and paste joke. I would of liked more bits like Raven pointing out her "whatever" line will soon get old and Robin saying that joke was never funny or mentioning how there are no good teams with six except at the end with Friends sort of bits. Heck I know TTG doesn't really like referencing other CN shows but this would of been a perfect time to knock the whole thing PPG 2016 did with Bliss in a more in your face way. But eh seems like this idea could still have potential and I will admit if it's revealed at the end Bumblebee only joined the Titans at the end to ultimately mess with them and make them loose and just have come close to winning was for messing with the Titans East with their "poop yogurt" that'd at least be karmatically funny.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Just dawned on me the yogurt was a callback to Two-Parter when they found Wonder Woman's yogurt in the Hall of Justice.

But considering how this camp thing is an event arc like Island Adventure, I don’t think she’ll be a permanent member, once Camp is over.
Yeah, exactlyfrom the start she said she only wanted to join them for a week, the stated length of this summer camp because the rest of Titans East got sidelined. Though if you want to be technical, she's temporarily rejoining the Teen Titans if you take "Flashback" into account.

ShadowStar

Glad to hear that Donna Troy is finally going to appear in this show, although it's a pity that they haven't used Glen Murakami's design. Not surprising after her cameo in the movie though.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

talkback-png.211972
Teen Titans Go! "The Bergerac"
Episode Debut - June 3rd, 2019

The Titans give Robin advice to guide him through his camp romance with Wonder Girl.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

zoombie

I wonder who will voice Wonder Girl? I know they couldn't get her rights in the original series, I think she made a cameo at the very end of "Titans Together", has she appeared on the show or not. I do know in the DC Nation shorts series there was a one with her, Supergirl, and Batgirl and she was voiced by Grey Griffin. Who knows she might not have any lines in this episode and the be the joke.

Otaku-sempai

I wonder who will voice Wonder Girl? I know they couldn't get her rights in the original series, I think she made a cameo at the very end of "Titans Together", has she appeared on the show or not. I do know in the DC Nation shorts series there was a one with her, Supergirl, and Batgirl and she was voiced by Grey Griffin. Who knows she might not have any lines in this episode and the be the joke.
Donna had a couple of very brief cameos near the end of Teen Titans ("Homecoming - Part 2" and "Calling All Titans") and there's the other one in the DC Nation short "New Teen Titans - Kids Corner 4 Kids", but made several full appearances in the spin-off comic. Cassie Sandsmark even appeared in issue #54.

This won't be news to most folks here, but Wonder Girl's animated debut (along with the rest of the original Teen Titans, minus Robin) goes all the way back to The Superman/Aquaman Hour of Adventure (1967). Robin was left out because the rights to his character were tied up by the 1966 Batman television series.

1559575693395.png

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Kinda meh episode but pretty much all of them are based on some camp trope like next week looks like the horror movie camp Jason stuff. Maybe it's Sportsmaster?

But I love it when Bumblebee gets mad and stings everyone. I guess that's it for Wonder Girl otherwise they would have gotten a guest VA.

I wonder who will voice Wonder Girl?
According to the credits, it was Hynden Walch. She doesn't really hide her voice in the episode itself.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Teen Titans Go! "The Bergerac"

Sigh. This show doesn't make it easy to like it. The thigh thing WAS complete cringe.

Bumblebee's enthusiasm might have been nice. Except for any other character but Robin. Even his friends have washed their hands of him. And if Bumblebee thinks he's so great she can just kiss him herself. It is VERY noticeable to me she is not dumb enough to make that offer herself.

Grr. I'm grumpy after seeing that. **1/2.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The irony, imo, is that Bumblebee is a way better wingman for him than any of the other four Titans but Robin is Robin, he'll never realize that.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
One thing I do like about Bumblebee I hope they keep in the other episodes is she will not just put up with the other's crap if she has her own goals you know constantly shrinking down and shooting them with bees when they just constantly dumping on Robin when she's trying to ship him with Wonder Girl. Really that's actually something we need more of on the show; someone who has opposing girls and will call the others out or at least shut them down somewhat when they're being obnoxious. Not really much else to this episode though. I was thinking that Wonder Girl constantly quoting the cliches of the meet quote interactions and even pointing out "but we will never see each other again so I have to leave because that's how these go" would be funny but the more I think about it... the more I realize I am kind of getting sick of shows and movies doing a meta commentary on some overdone line or bit but still just doing it anyway. I mean really you aren't subverting the trope if you're just laying it out there. I feel like as a society we need to do something else with this situation then just wryly observe "yeah we're doing it... isn't that funny" and twist it more. Like maybe if Bumblebee just shot Wonder Girl down telling her to be with Robin due to her shipping demands and not give into romantic tripe that'd be funnier then just having the trope there. Really that's all I have to say on this one as yeah not much else happened worth really talking about.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

talkback-png.211972
Teen Titans Go! "Snot and Tears"
Episode Debut - June 10th, 2019

Robin tells the Titans to stop being reckless teens or the Creepy Catcher will get them.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The Creepy Catcher thing reminded me a little of that Alien Hunter in the Island Adventures. A scary threat at first but they befriend him at the end.

The o.s. then obscured naked Robin scene was totally cringeworthy.

The Jason nod was obvious but lol, was the Blair Witch Project one a surprise.

I realized the rest of Titans East showed up in this episode yet Bumblebee stuck with the TT. Hrm.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The Jason nod was obvious but lol, was the Blair Witch Project one a surprise.
The episode title told me they were definitely gonna do Blair Witch.

Teen Titans Go! "Snot And Tears"

That was gross. Super gross. But it was probably a good idea to do a horror movie spoof while they were at camp.

As for the hero cameos I caught Mas e Menos, Aqualad, Artemis, Amethyst, Supergirl, Miss Martian, Kid Flash, Superboy, Speedy, The Wonder Twins, and Power Girl.

Snot and leg hair are nasty. **1/2.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

talkback-png.211972
Teen Titans Go! "Campfire!"
Episode Debut - June 17th, 2019

The Titans put on a show but Robin warns that the performance must be boring or else they'll wake up the wolves.

Comments?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Easily the weakest of the 5 parter I would bet. Too bad the teaser for next week didn't try to hide who the guest was.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Teen Titans Go! "Campfire!"

Good and bad.

Bad because Robin is the worst. He not only makes all of his friends miserable, but he has the gaul to actually be right about the wolves.

Good because as bad as Robin is, Scott Menville absolutely kills it. That high-falsetto singing voice of his is fearless and Menville knocks it out of the park. At this point, I think Menville deserves an Emmy nomination for his voicework. He doesn't deserve to win because Seth MacFarlane and Scott Grimes are still out there, but Menville shows great vulnerability and lack of vanity in making Robin as high-strung and committed as he is. I would never have picked him as the voice actor from the original series to have completely grown out of their roles (especially considering how squeaky voiced and lackluster Red Herring's earlier career was) but he's really grown as a voice actor in a way Tara Strong and the others have not.

The wolves are defeated by cringing. Which is the only way to beat them.

I also want to point out that Robin is stupid. He's describing the "repeating" in Row, Row, Row Your Boat without using its proper term: A round. Frankly, he might not be the stupid one. Maybe the writers were too dumb to learn a word I learned in second grade.

Toilet humor. "Go on." Yeah, my reaction too.

I love that Batman and Gordon are the camp counselors. Batman looks funny in his summer camp outfit.

Exciting news isn't the idea that they are going home. It's actually the idea that ROBIN is going home. That kid is such a buzzkill.

Robin still has babyhands.

I liked this week. Sue me. ****.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

talkback-png.211972
Teen Titans Go! "What We Learned at Camp"
Episode Debut - June 24th, 2019

After not receiving participation medals, the Titans must demonstrate what they learned at camp.

Comments?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Trigon: Eh. Whatever. (I feel nonchalant because he's overused to the point of boredom. Take over world, shove him through portal, yadda yadda)

So Bumblebee will continue to be a member after they return home. Figured this was it, but guess there's at least 1 more episode left in the arc.

Dug the Martian Manhunter cameo, lol.

The stitched together sequence at the end was amusing.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Teen Titans Go! "What We Learned At Camp"

Wow, Bumblebee's sticking around awhile. Good for this show. I take back every bad thing I said about this storyline.

I love the participation trophy song. You know what? I love participation trophies. Those are the best because those were the only ones I was ever able to earn.

I cannot give the original series enough credit for putting Starfire in a respectable superhero outfit. I want to give this show similar credit for not turning Power Girl into a big-boobed sexpot. I think this show is sometimes overly sexual. But it is not lost on me that this is a version of Power Girl that is actually safe for little kids to enjoy. They did that for Starfire on the old show, I'm glad the new show did it for Power Girl.

Love the Martian Manhunter cameo. Speaking of which, I was delighted to see Zatanna. I must have missed her earlier in the week.

The campers tell me that this show has a WAY higher tier of teen heroes for Easter Eggs than the original show did. I mean, really, Hotspot? Wildebeest? Kole? The big Titans Together finale was made up of mainly heroes I have never heard of or seen since. Here I recognize everyone in camp. It's good this show is not under the same Batman and Justice League embargoes the original series was under.

I love the new title sequence. We'll see if they keep it next week. ****.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts