"Teen Titans Go!" Season Five Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this season

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network! New episodes air every day (Monday to Thursday) this week!

talkback.png
Teen Titans Go! "The Fight"
Episode Debut - November 7th, 2018

Robin tries to teach the other Titans about real estate, but they're only interested in finding a villain to fight.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
A little meta about how they don't do serious epic fights often. The 'what else are we going to do for 11 minutes' line was a good one. And even a mini-clip show of scenes from Two-Parter, Meatball Party, The Avogodo, Vegetables, Pie Bros, Burgers vs. Burrito, Sandwich Thief, Hose Water, Puppets Whaaaaat?. Truth Justice and What?, Beast Boy's St. Patricks' Day Luck and it's Bad, Squash & Stretch, The Teen Titans Go! Easter Holiday Classic, Fish Water, and Spice Game. But a dig at Legion of Superheroes, aw. Still cool fight at the end with Brother Blood. Weird so see some of the TTG! crew in Jump City though. EDIT: And blink or miss, but when Robin tries to stop the drill weapon, Ed - the thief/driving instructor is hiding behind a car on its side, with his back to the audience, on the left side of the screen.

Last edited:

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I can't believe they actually got Kevin Conroy to reprise Batman in a DCAU artstyle. That alone makes the Real Orangins episode a top five for this show.

I like how the show plays with elements and content that kids otherwise wouldn't care about. I mean, quantum physics? Schrodinger's Cat? Heavy stuff rolled into a kids cartoon.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network! New episodes air every day (Monday to Thursday) this week!

talkback.png
Teen Titans Go! "The Groover"
Episode Debut - November 8th, 2018

Robin takes the Titans on an educational trip to the Grand Canyon.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Another real estate reference, Jelenic? But boy. The Clintons and the Whitewater controversy. Woof.

Kudos to them for bringing up the Havasu and having their land stolen.

Titans were right to ditch Robin. Lava Falls is a 10 on the rapids scale of 1-10.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Teen Titans Go! "Quantum Fun"

They are running out of ways for Robin to annoy the group.

"Of course we did... the NOT," was a pretty sick burn by Starfire.

I liked Quantum Leap too.

Not great but not terrible either. ***1/2.

Teen Titans Go! "The Fight"

It boggles the mind that Matter-Eater Lad is actually a thing. The Legion Of Super Heroes is a ridiculous franchise.

Props to Brother Blood for actually deciding the bring it upon being challenged. His nodding and waving his fingers was beyond cool. Also props to the show for some amazing action sequences. As seen this show is usually puppets and food.

And the Titan's biggest weakness is that they're lazy. Maybe this home equity stuff doesn't sound too bad after all... ****.

Teen Titans Go! "The Groover"

Anyone else notice all of this week's episodes start with Robin bounding into the room excited over nonsense to the other Titans' annoyance? I only mention this because it probably happened a lot before this, and I just never noticed. But seeing the episodes one right after the other makes the formula seem pretty blatant.

Robin expecting the other Titans to use a suitcase toilet is what is known as "an unreasonable ask". He is such a loser.

And no, because of Native American genocide no-one is actually allowed to enjoy the Grand Canyon anymore. It's an actual rule. Look it up.

I've had enough Robin craziness this week. Let's see something else when the show comes back. ***.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

talkback.png
Teen Titans Go! "Justice League's Next Top Talent Idol Star: Second Greatest Team Edition"
Episode Debut - November 21st, 2018

The Justice League holds another talent competition to find the second best superhero team in the world. The competition heats up and the Titans must find a way to beat the Hive Five.

Comments?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Another meta two parter. It was okay. Dug the cameoes of the other DC characters, Beast Boy's "Happy Birthday" song working, and Starfire's song - but her clothes in that segment made me wonder if they were parodying the Titans live action series, too.

Jean74

Valentine's Day 2024!
Yeah as really they are trying to pay tribute to the live action series. Love the show as it proves superheroes need to have a life as well.

zoombie

So finally after all this time, the Titans are called out on their cheating, and HIVE finally win one. Good for them.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Come to think of it, it was a 2 parter reality talent show about singing and dancing. It would have been a dope surprise if they had an intermission and brought out B.E.R. to play a new song instead of the backstage confessional stuff.

Still get a chuckle out of them continuing to milk the Cavill mustache joke on this show. Or the shock quickly wore off with Aquaman having a hook hand all along but used it to scratch his back. lol. Or trying the Lift from Dirty Dancing -- laughed when Robin tore his suit off only to have his legs fail him. heh.

Or just thinking H.I.V.E. got the vacation, the Titans will probably topple their tower out of spite while they're gone or at least eat everything in their fridge.

Radical

Banned
Justice League's Next Top Talent Idol Star: Second Greatest Team Edition was sweet/enjoyable, cool seeing Part 2 of the Justice League's Next Top Talent Idol Star arc, my favorite best episode,

So love Wonder Woman's cute Teen Titans Go! look:anime:.
Cool seeing DC superhero cameos like the Green Lanterns, Plastic Man, Elongated Man, and Aqualad/Superboy/Miss Martian.
Starfire's secret weapon being her cute weird Tamarian dance was funny, hahahahaha:p.
Cool seeing the H.I.V.E. Five, cool that they enter, I'm still sad Kyd Wykkyd is not with them.
The H.I.V.E. Five to call out the Teen Titans for their awful cheating was awesome, go H.I.V.E. Five:D, finally it happens.
The H.I.V.E. Five's Booty Scooty song was great/funny, hahahahaha:p, they fight back doing the Teen Titans' songs, love it.
Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman's butts on the buzzers, hahahahahaha.
Robin/Cyborg's dance from Dirty Dancing was funny, hehehe.
See-More's Pyramid Mummy Money song, awesome/funny:p.
Beast Boy's terrible Happy Birthday song was funny, hahahahaha.
The H.I.V.E. Five's third song was sweet, the H.I.V.E. Five's best payback moment.
A shame Jinx didn't do Starfire's Take It Down Low song, oh well.
You're rotten to the core yourself Robin for your despicable actions:shrug:.
Starfire's new song was pretty cool/catchy.
Live-action Teen Titans series tribute.
The H.I.V.E. Five winning was awesome, I'm happy they won:D, after getting attacked/humiliated/bullied by the Teen Titans, they deserved to win.
The Teen Titans losing was satisfying, they deserve it for bullying the H.I.V.E. Five.
Cool seeing Painbot's cameo.
Cool seeing B.E.R., they're awesome.
Both Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Tiny Robin look cool in the new upgraded looks.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Teen Titans Go! “Justice League’s Next Top Talent Idol Star: Second Greatest Team Edition: Part 1”

Return of Mummy Money and the Booty Scooty.

The no stakes joke reminds me of Planet Express vs. the Globetrotters.

Love Young Justice doing the corn-pone Hee Haw dance.

I laugh at the fact that when Beast Boy turns back from a dog, he still has his leg in his mouth.

This is what happens when the show doesn’t have to pay money for the birthday song anymore.

Great first part. ****1/2.

Teen Titans Go! “Justice League’s Next Top Talent Idol Star: Second Greatest Team Edition: Part 2”

Wonder Woman celebrates her birthday? Is that the anniversary of the day she was sculpted into clay? How does she even know when it is?

I think this episode was very unfair to Ringo Starr. He was a very talented musician. Yeah, he was the least talented Beatle. But they were considered the greatest musical group of all time. The worst one of them was still dynamite.

I like that Batman gave the Hive doing the Titans song a negative grade, although I’m not sure on what basis he did.

Like the Painbot cameo at the end.

Pretty good wrap-up. ****.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Teen Titans Go! “Justice League: America’s Next Top Talent Idol Star: Second Greatest Team Edition: Part 2, Alternate Ending”

On the one hand, it ALWAYS should have been B-E-R. On the other hand, if it WAS always B-E-R, there would be absolutely no wrap-up to the no-stakes prophecy thing. That was awesome, but I’m actually torn as to which ending I like better. ****.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
11/30: I wonder if they're going to sell that new song "Chimerical" online. EDIT: It's on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon, Pandora.

Figures next month's 2 parter is at least partly a Star Wars spoof.

12/2: CN posted the entirety of the alternate ending yesterday.

B.E.R. posted the music video on YT, too, I think.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Teen Titans Go! "Nostalgia Is Not A Subsitute For An Actual Story"

Best Starfire line is a tie between "I would glad destroy your bloodline and take your eyes for my own," and "I would not be doing the disparaging of the 8's and the 0's if I were the U's."

God, I hated rotary phones. Worst part of the era.

This episode suggested something interesting: That Stranger Things is not actually great. And that might be true. It is completely 100% authentic to the kinds of things that came out in the 1980's, but I don't necessarily think it's great itself. It channels E.T. and Ghostbusters perfectly, but I vastly prefer actually watching those two movies.

This also reminded me about something about my nieces. I have never ONCE heard either of them utter the words "I'm bored." It was my mantra growing up, and one of the worst enemies and problems for most kids. With screens, it no longer exists. And there IS something to be said for boredom. The anticipation of something happening, is always greater and more enjoyable when it happens, than if you always have something to do. I think boredom is an essential part of childhood that nobody has to go through anymore. It's almost a shame.

Urkel didn't appear in Family Matters regularly until 1990, Cyborg. Know your 80's. I get that he DID say he was ahead of his time, but that's not a good enough reason to use Urkel.

Interesting episode. ****.

Last edited:

zoombie

This episode spoke to me, I loved the 80's, still there are flows, mainly the technology not being as high tech as today.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Urkel didn't appear in Family Matter until 1990, Cyborg. Know your 80's.

Actually Fone Bone

Urkel first appeared in "Laura's First Date" which aired on December 15th, 1989. So yeah like The Simpsons, despite feeling like such a 90's thing, Family Matters and it's most well known ingredient actually were from the 80's decade and honestly it has been agreed on by many that the general vibe and feel of the 80's actually lasted a couple of years into the 90's thus why there is the period of overlap. Not to mention that though the look was somewhat Urkel the actual attitude and mannerisms were different then Urkel (as otherwise Khary would of gone for a much higher pitched voice) and were more the stereotypical 80's nerds of the time.

You know episodes like this remind me how a lot of people from MAD went on to work for Teen Titans Go because this partially feels like what MAD would of done if it were still currently on: point out how nostalgia heavy people are and how much they adore the 80's but also pointing out the inconviences of the decade though yeah with something like Teen Titans Go you do have to tie that more into at the very least a longer plot structure and still have some sort of more overall goal to oddly enough give it more structure. But honestly none of the jokes they did this time around were particularly grating as even the bits with the map didn't go on excruiatingly long and having that E.T rip end with "we're super heroes we can just fly" except for Robin and him being injured was a great zinger. Plus though I do think this show could do a better job hiring more VAs I will give credit for the main cast doing really good 80's accent voices especially Valley Girl Raven and Nerdy Cyborg. It still has the inflections of those characters but does have a unique feel about it. I also appreciate them pointing out how utterly inconvientant things are without internet or cell phones that actually feels like it's mocking to both our current era but the previous era as well so it's not just specifically spitting in the face of one generation. So yeah solid ep though I do have to wonder why this randomly went to the CN website today out of nowhere. Some shows I get CN premiering there first and maybe softly pitching to TV but... when was Teen Titans Go ever one of those series?

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer

Actually Fone Bone

Urkel first appeared in "Laura's First Date" which aired on December 15th, 1989. So yeah like The Simpsons, despite feeling like such a 90's thing, Family Guy and it's most well known ingredient actually were from the 80's decade and honestly it has been agreed on by many that the general vibe and feel of the 80's actually lasted a couple of years into the 90's thus why there is the period of overlap.
Good notes, Review amended.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts