"Teen Titans Go!" Season Five Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this season

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Markus Nelis

Tune in to Teen Titans Go! Cartoon Network will premiere two new episodes, back-to-back, tonight starting at 6:00PM ET!

talkback.jpg
Teen Titans Go! "My Name is Jose"
Episode Debut - October 8th, 2018

The Titans have Raven give them new super powers but have a hard time adjusting.

Teen Titans Go! "The Power of Shrimps"
Episode Debut - October 8h, 2018

Aqualad uses shrimps and prime rib to try to win back Raven.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Side-Note: After these two episodes, at 6:30PM ET Cartoon Network will air a new episode of OK KO! Let's Be Heroes! where the TTG version of Raven will guest star, among other cartoon characters from various other shows. The Talkback for this "Crossover Nexus" special will be hosted on the Cartoon Network forum. A link will be added here as soon as the thread is posted.
I'm excited already. Can't wait!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
My Name is Jose

Oh, so the title and Jose was a nod to Groot and its "I am Groot". Cute.

Loved that Raven chose random heroes and powers for the Titans but gave herself Superman's. The proficient card was amusing.

The Power of Shrimps

Nice surprise to see the return of Jelenic's dad from the 200th episode. The story about Zoli the cat was awesome.

BB getting mad about Cy and Star making the burns sicker was hilarious.

Friday Night Fright promo that aired after K.O. looks good.

Radical

Banned
Raven hosting Raven Domination was awesome/funny.

My Name Is Jose is pretty sweet/funny,

Robin, Cyborg, Starfire, and Beast Boy pretending to be the big shot DC superheroes was funny.
Raven saying about Robin's hair was funny.
Both Robin, Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Raven getting the DC superheroes' superpowers was great/funny.
Both Robin, Starfire, Cyborg, and Raven getting Superman, Aqualad, Plastic Man, and Vibe's superpowers was cool:D.
Jose the fish, best new funny minor character referencing Groot, sweet.
Cool seeing Gizmo being solo.
Gizmo zapping Raven with Kryptonite was funny, Gizmo best smartest supervillain.
The Teen Titans vs. Gizmo with their new superpowers was great/funny.
Poor Gizmo heading to the sun, pretty dark:ack:, so the Atomic Puppet reference, he'll be alive the next episodes.
The proficient card was funny:p.
Funny ending.

Cool seeing Albert Jelenic return, Aqualad's return, the Sick Burns, and Raven's psychotic love for shrimps was so funny in The Power of Shrimps:D.

Last edited:

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
This show actually got me into DC comics. I was a Marvel fan prior, and I have since gotten into other DC media. I can't help but be amused by the shows zaniness, rap songs and so bad its good humor. I do think TTG has some charm unlike PPG 2016 and Planet Sheen which are just really dull in comparison especially the latter.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Teen Titans Go! “My Name Is Jose”

That was great.

Raven giving Robin Vibe’s powers is what is known as passive-aggression.

For the record, Vibe’s powers on The Flash are cool. His powers in the comics? Not so much.

I never realized how specifically useless Saturn Girl’s powers are. Telepathy is like one of the best superpowers, and from what I saw here, hers are about as limited as Deanna Troi’s on Star Trek. If you can’t move stuff with your mind, or get other people to do what you want, you might as well be a police psychic. Saturn Girl only seems less useless because she is always with a ton of other Legion Of Super Heroes members. Every Legionnaire except Superboy has lame powers, which is why they have to put so many people on the same team. The psychic is usually the most powerful member of any given team. The fact that Saturn Girl’s powers have more to do with empathy and feelings is a bummer. The only thing she is actually good for is sensing traps.

Interesting they used one of the other Aqualads from the comics, instead of the one we know from this show. Also interesting that in reality, Aqualad’s powers are the same as Aquaman’s, which means Aquaman is equally lame, except with the new movie coming out, DC can’t outright say that.

Very meta moment at the end with Cyborg noting that teams with heroes with lame powers get by because there is always some unusual situation out there where the powers are coincidentally useful. There is NO way in real life that Aquaman should be as big a gun on the Justice League as he is. And yet he’s useful because the writers come up with outlandish scenarios to make him useful. Once you remember that Dazzler can beat Galactus, you start to realize the rules of how useful powers actually are, and who can beat who, is completely arbitrary. And it probably always was.

It is just me or did Raven deliberately not only pick the most useless powers, but gave them to the last team member who could use them properly or want them?

Robin wants to be cool. So he gets the lamest hero’s powers. Cyborg can’t swim, and electronics short out his circuitry. So he has Aqualad’s. Beast Boy is dumb, so he has Saturn Girl’s brain powers. The only person this isn’t true of is Starfire with Plastic Man’s powers. Not that they are great powers, but they don’t seem to be counter to Starfire’s nature. True she is less elegant and slower than usual, but this version of Starfire isn’t all that elegant to begin with.

Good episode. ****.

Teen Titans Go! “The Power Of Shrimps”

I love that they got back Albert Jelenic for Berto. For the record, his was the funniest line reading of “Sick burn!”

Speaking of which, I love that when Cyborg says it, his neck stretches out like Inspector Gadget’s. Pretty sure Ray Fisher can’t do that. Suck it, DC Extended Universe! (Sick burn!)

Wil Wheaton played Aqualad at his absolute rhymes with smooshiest. Another reason the reboot is better than the original series is that Aqualad isn’t totally boring.

Funny stuff. ***1/2.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

talkback.png
Teen Titans Go! "Monster Squad"
Episode Debut - October 19th, 2018

The Titans want to be the scariest trick-or-treaters in town, so Raven casts a spell to turn them into real monsters.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I guess the highlight was Halloween rap... Beast Boy doing the surprise xenomorph nod was pretty cool.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Teen Titans Go! "Monster Squad"

I love Cyborg's psych-out to the kid with the Karl.

I laughed at Star talking about the Boo Boo Boos causing the Boo Hoo Hoos. I also laughed that she carries a baby on the front of her Mummy costume. Lord knows she's trying. Quick question: Where did she get it?

Moon Rabies is like my favorite description for Werewolfism ever. I'm kicking myself I never thought of it.

Um, no, Raven, you NEVER mentioned the Ghost Apocalypse. Not once. Usually I'll accept her I Told You So's but not this time.

Fun episode. ****.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
FYI, please head over to the News Thread to continue discussion and read new info about it because TTG vs TT is not part of season 5.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network! New episodes air every day (Monday to Thursday) this week!

talkback.png
Teen Titans Go! "Real Orangins"
Episode Debut - November 5th, 2018

Robin tries again to tell the real origin story of the Teen Titans.

Comments?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Teen Titans Go! "The Real Orangins!"

How great was that?

Seriously. They put up the money to get Kevin Conroy back as Batman in a Batman: The Animated Series parody. I think most people's complaints against this show are bogus as long as it is always doing stuff like that. This show has Conroy. Its hatas got nuthin'.

Loved Starfire's anime design and the show going back to making fun of the stupidest and most ridiculous thing about Starfire from the comics: The kissing languages thing. That particular thing has always bugged the crap out of me, and I like this show making fun of it whenever possible. Because Robin has tuna breath.

But a SERIOUS Batman? C'mon, no-one will buy it! *****.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It was once again refreshing to see them try different art styles as Robin tells his version of the origin story.

BTAS designs and Conroy were really cool. Great timing with the BTAS Bluray set out. Shorts! lmao. Something about the line "I think it was a ghost" being delivered by Conroy had me rolling. Funny how it went from a jab at the short shorts to a quick shot of The Dark Knight Returns Batman comic... then Raven points out the TTG Batman and Gordon also on the couch. heh. It was nice touch that when Robin gets super big head angry, Batman clutches Gordon.

When Robin goes to his touch screen computer... I think I saw Joker, Riddler's ?, Flash, 3 Kryptonite colors (?), Wonder Woman, Wayne Enterprises, ?, Oracle's avatar, Penguin. The 'facebook' posts were also hilarious taking another dig at Batman v Superman's Martha line as well as Cavill's mustache during Justice League filming. It was a nice surprise to see Superboy finally in the TTG style rather than the weird lifted YJ look in the crossover episode. Red Arrow and Black Lightning had some neat designs, too. Red had that more recent look with the hat.

-Detroit High
Great callback to Cyborg talking about his dream to be on the Justice League as wells his Grandma, presumably the same from "Grandma Voice". But I like Robin's pitch - a new team for new heroes looking for a fresh start.

-Upper Lamumba
Also, pretty dope they referenced Lamumba from the comics in Beast Boy's section. It's where he got his powers in the comics. 50/50 split/dudefest line was hilarious. Overall this was I think my favorite art style, basically a rolling comic book with word balloons even.

-Demon Dimension
Coming off the OK K.O., it was cool to hear Robin implicitly note Raven as the brains he needs after adding Beast Boy and Cyborg. Though a 'hurgh' moment when See-More, Gizmo, and Jinx were on his screen but then I remembered Raven was the 'converted villain' so he was probably looking through young villains on his computer. The punchline leading to Pretty Pretty Pegasus then Robin backing away was amusing.

-Vega System
Interesting Robin went with a 'classic' take on Starfire - Blackfire steals the throne and sells her to the Gordanians as a slave. Starfire yelling "clorbag" always gets a chuckle from me, always nice to see little nods to TT. Though when Robin enters the bridge, was his helmet a nod to Guyver? Then back to Starfire spurning Robin, the callback to his bad tuna breath...lol. And the fake Hollywood phone number on the business card. This time 555-0128. As a viewer of Supernatural, I instantly recognized it as Dean's fake number but probably not the intent. I agree it was a neat anime-ish style they went with.

-Jump City Bank
I was wondering if the bank robbers were just Billy Numerous pre-Hive Five. But that was a nice 'origin' for "Titans, go!"

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network! New episodes air every day (Monday to Thursday) this week!

talkback.png
Teen Titans Go! "Quantum Fun"
Episode Debut - November 6th, 2018

Robin takes the other Titans on a trip through the dizzying world of quantum physics.

Comments?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
This one came off as a meh episode. Even with Cyborg making a Quantum Leap reference or the Peanuts nod. EDIT: Went back to the 200th episode, and I believe at the end of Quantum Fun, that is indeed the episode's director, Ken McIntyre.

Last edited:

Radical

Banned
Both Real Orangins and Quantum Fun were pretty awesome/funny,

Robin telling his version of the real origin story was sweet.
Cool seeing Batman: The Animated Series and their versions of Batman/Commissioner Gordon and Kevin Conroy's return Batman role:D.
Batman spooked by Robin showing up was funny, nice it has comedic moments.
Raven pointing out the comedic Batman/Commissioner Gordon, hahahaha.
Robin angry with the Big Head was so funny, hahahahaha.
The Dark Knight Returns comic title jab, sweet.
Cool seeing the different awesome art styles on Robin first meeting Cyborg, Beast Boy, Raven, and Starfire:D.
Starfire's anime design is SO CUTE and awesome:anime:, her 2003 self looks like a cute anime girl, so love the anime parodies.
Robin's moments first meeting Cyborg, Beast Boy, Raven, and Starfire were great/funny along with Raven seeing Pretty Pretty Pegasus and Starfire's kissing languages.
Cool seeing Trogaar/the Gordanians.
On Robin's touch screen computer, the facebook posts were great/funny and Superboy in the Teen Titans Go! style was awesome:D.
The many bank robbers being like Billy Numerous facing Robin, Cyborg, Raven, Beast Boy, and Starfire was sweet.
Teen Titans Go!'s take on the awesome Teen Titans origin episode Go! was awesome/enjoyable:D.

Robin teaching them about quantum physics was great/funny.
Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Raven to hate Robin's boring lectures is so funny, hahahahahaha.
Starfire/Raven's ignorance on paradox like a pair of boxes and doctors is great/funny, hahahahaha:p.
Angry Robin so hilarious, hahahahaha.
Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Raven to not know what a paradox is was funny.
Cyborg loving Quantum Leap was awesome, love the show:D.
Cyborg, Starfire, and Beast Boy using their ugly serious forms again was funny, hahahahahahaha.
The Peanuts reference on the Teen Titans, great/funny.
Robin using Beast Boy Cat is an example was funny.
An awesome quantum physics song, really catchy:D.
Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Raven now learned what quantum physics is all about because of a song, hehehe.
A lot of Teen Titans clones, hehehe.
The Teen Titans observing the get rid of their clones was great/funny.
Great funny ending with the animator, hehehe, Robin is right in the beginning.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts