"Teen Titans Go!" Season Five Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this season

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Use this thread to discuss the 5th Season of Cartoon Network's hit show, Teen Titans Go!.

Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, this morning at 9:00AM and 10:00AM ET on Cartoon Network!

talkback.jpg
"The Scoop"
Episode Debut - June 25th, 2018

The Titans find it odd when Starfire becomes friends with an ice cream scoop.

"Chicken in the Cradle"
Episode Debut - June 25th, 2018

Beast Boy neglects his responsibilities, leaving the other Titans to raise his baby chick.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Teen Titans Go! "The Scoop"

Love the new Season 5 dance in the main title, and the Beast Boy DC logo at the beginning. I also love the snail at the beginning taking down the For Sale sign outside of the Tower.

One of the interesting things about this show is that usually the Titans are the villains and the Hive the innocent victims. And that's how it plays here too.

Fun ***1/2.

Teen Titans Go! "Chicken In The Cradle"

I laughed that the examples the show used for fathers and sons were Darkseid and Orion and Superman and Superboy. Funny stuff.

Cute episode. ****.

Radical

Banned
The Scoop/Chicken In The Cradle were pretty great/funny, I'll enjoy Season 5, love Teen Titans Go!, it will be the new SpongeBob of Cartoon Network,

The new Season 5 dance in the opening was great:D.
The new Beast Boy DC logo was great.
Starfire weird on inanimate objects was great/funny.
Agreeing with Fone Bone, so interesting with the Teen Titans the villains and the H.I.V.E. the biggest victims/chew toys, Brother Blood to call them villains was awesome though.
Cool seeing the H.I.V.E.
Starfire being turned on by the ice cream scoop was so hilarious, hahahahaha, my Cute Starfire:p.
Starfire/ice cream scoop moments were great/funny, hahahahaha:p.
Starfire/the waffle iron parts were funny, hehehe.
The poor H.I.V.E., but I root for the H.I.V.E. to beat the Teen Titans though.

The chick to chicken son is so cute.
Beast Boy going from worse father to a better father to learn responsibility was great/funny.
Love the Rotten Eggs, great new bizarre villains, the new villains get more weirder/bizarre, hehehe:p.
The Superman/Superboy and Darkseid/Orion gag was great/funny.
The DC characters' pictures in the carnival was sweet/entertaining:D.
Cool to see the evil carnies.
Cool to see Deadshot, his cameo was funny, hehehe.
The Teen Titans messed-up eating fried chicken, hehehe.
He's a rooster, funny, hehehe.

Last edited:

disneyphilip

One of the interesting things about this show is that usually the Titans are the villains and the Hive the innocent victims. And that's how it plays here too.

To be fair, most of the other heroes in the TTG universe (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Aqualad, Speedy, Kid Flash, Commissioner Gordon, etc.) are no better and tend to be just as bad, jerky and seemingly on drugs as the Titans. They even to tend be worse than the Titans on a number of occasions.

Just goes to show that nobody’s perfect and them all having such flaws and quirks does make them a bit more human and relatable.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The Scoop!

Going in, I never cared for the Starfire episodes. But the inclusion of H.I.V.E. made this only a little better.

Like when they took the day off, H.I.V.E. gets beat up anyway for doing something totally innocent. But putting their tower near the Titans' just invites chaos, imo. But Gizmo at the end was right. Taken reference felt old hat.

Chicken In The Cradle

And once again, Beast Boy is somehow able to lay an egg...

Weird, out of context, to see Pain Bot in Beast Boy's closet.

Also liked those cutaways of Darkseid and baby Orion and Superman and Superboy. All the DC characters' faces at the carnival were amusing, too. Deadshot at the Dartshot display was on the money, lol.

This show makes the weirdest villains. Bad Eggs takes the cake. Didn't expect to see the carnies again, but the big one offending Beast Boy and son was hilarious.

Didn't care for the TT taunting him at the end. Figured the son would be a rooster at the end but at least he could crow.

disneyphilip

Also, the animation so far in Season 5 is a lot smoother than in the first four seasons.

It seems that the animation upgrades from the movie are being carried over into the series. (I predicted that would happen because the original Powerpuff Girls series went through a similar thing after The Powerpuff Girls Movie came out. Same thing with The Simpsons after The Simpsons Movie came out.)

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! half-hour Special, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

talkback.jpg
Teen Titans Go! "Kabooms, Part 1"
Episode Debut - July 20th, 2018

The Titans are excited to see the movie version of their favorite show ``Babies vs. Dogs.''

Teen Titans Go! "Kabooms, Part 2"
Episode Debut - July 20th, 2018

Inspired by the ``Babies vs Dogs'' movie, the Titans decide to make a big Hollywood film of their own.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Pt: 1

The nod to Up and Ice Age was amusing and it was pretty cool to see them revisit Babies vs. Dogs and Death Toilet, lol. The opening to Babies vs. Dogs gave me deja vu like some 80s or 90s action movie with Arnold or Stallone...

And throwing shade on themselves was cheeky, first with Cyborg referring to Babies vs. Dogs as "that cheap cartoon show that plays non-stop?" then Starfire going "they expect me to do the leaving of the house and do the paying of the good monies for something I can watch while I am sitting on the couch?!"

Pt: 2

The jab at the live action Justice League movie was unexpected. The script by Chris (Terrio) with Joss (Whedon) scribbled on the cover in red then the main cast in a barrel, lmao.

Didn't expect to see Jelenic & Horvath cameo as themselves after the 200th. Nor name dropping Seth Rogen, Tom Selleck, Helen Mirren, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

The quick cut of them leaving the cinema in the T-Car then crashing thru glass on the upper level of the Tower cracked me up as with Robin batting the 3 try outs outside into the bay. Beast Boy saying "Okay" at the end of their movie as well.

The creative differences being what fixed everything was unexpected and the 'lesson' of no movie ever being original was a bit too on the nose.

Radical

Banned
Kabooms Parts 1/2 were pretty sweet/funny,

The Aladdin, Up, and Ice Age jab, awesome/funny:p.
The Teen Titans revisiting Death Toilets/Babies vs. Dogs was great.
Cool seeing Babies vs. Dogs, the dog/baby action heroes were great/funny.
Love the Cyber Hackers next to Balloon Man, great new supervillains, love their sweet designs:D.
Starfire, Raven, Cyborg, and Beast Boy criticizing the movie was so funny.
Robin the voice of reason like Raven was great/funny.
The Teen Titans saving the day in the Babies vs. Dogs movie was great/funny.
The Teen Titans defeating the Cyber Hackers by boring them was funny, the poor villains, hahahahaha:p.
Funny ending with Robin, hahahahahaha.

The Teen Titans wanting to make a movie was great.
The Teen Titans leaving the cinema in their T-Car crashing through the window to the Tower's upper level was funny, hahahahaha:p.
The live-action Justice League movie jab, awesome:D.
The Teen Titans mentioning the celebrities Tom Selleck, Seth Rogen, Helen Mirren, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt along with Ariel the Little Mermaid was great.
Michael Jelenic and Aaron Horvath cameo, sweet.
The creative differences to ruin their friendship was so funny, hehehe.
The Teen Titans' mutated faces was hilarious, hahahahahaha:p.
The creative differences fixing everything was so unexpected, but sweet, nice seeing the handsome faces again, hehehe.
The Teen Titans' own Babies vs. Dogs movie was great/funny.
Raven knowing that its the Babies vs. Dogs movie was great.
Raven at the end was so funny, hahahahaha:p.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Teen Titans Go! "Kabooms!, Pt. 1"

Good to see the return of Death Toilet but the show has exposition all wrong. A hero telling their life story in a moment of crisis isn't exposition. Yes, it's boring, and a movie is worse for it, but that's not what exposition is. Exposition is more like the hero or the villain explaining their plans and how the things in the movie work. And good exposition scene can be riveting if it's done right. Honestly movies with long conversations in them are often quite amazing. Nobody remembers Pulp Fiction because of the action scenes. That's not why it made the impact it did. It made the impact because it said it was all right if characters sat and talked with each other during an action film. And that wasn't exposition either. The episode besides not knowing the definition of exposition, can't even tell good talking scenes from bad ones. This actually makes me fear the movie a little. This is not rocket science. ***.

Teen Titans Go! "Kabooms!, Pt. 2"

I love that the Titans' movie WASN'T "Teen Titans Go To The Movies". It was a rip-off of Babies vs Dogs. Because maybe that's what all movies are.

You know, a lot of writers actually talk about "subverting tropes" but it's all talk. They never actually subvert them. What they do is instead have a different take on the trope and act like that's the same thing. It's not. Correctly subverting the trope involves ignoring the trope to do something else and proving why the trope is not necessary in the first place. And as Cyborg says about how well loved and respected certain tropes are, that specific mindset is why everyone always talks about subverting tropes and never actually does it. A twist on a trope is a good thing. But you aren't actually giving the trope the finger if you engage in it. True subversion should involve proving why the trope is unnecessary. And nobody in Hollywood seems willing to do that.

Wow, that review got a bit off-topic, didn't it? ***1/2.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network! Please note this thread might contain Spoilers for Teen Titans Go to the Movies!.

talkback.png
Teen Titans Go! "Tower Renovation"
Episode Debut - August 13th, 2018

What happens to the Titans after TEEN TITANS GO! To the Movies.

Comments?

Side-note: Please use Spoiler Tags if you want to discuss the Teen Titans Go! theatrical movie in this thread. For more discussion on the movie, please use "Teen Titans Go! To The Movies" Theatrical Feature Talkback (Spoilers).

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Teen Titans Go! "Tower Renovation"

I love the visual of Cyborg eating wood and steel and pooping out planks and girders.

I haven't seen the movie yet and I question releasing this episode after it's only been a couple of weeks. At least The X-Files Season 6 premiere gave us an entire summer to catch up with Fight the Future.

All right. Beast Boy and Starfire make cute beavers. ***.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Feels like this episode got lost in Jelenic's real estate hobby and wasn't as good as that past episode when they took over an apartment complex. The House Hunters segment killed the momentum, imo. The episode fell flat for me.

I didn't like the message of all you got to do is bribe people to get what you want. It would have been funnier if they tricked someone from the state government to get involved and he or she clashed with the city inspector over jurisdictions.

I wonder if they will stick with the new interiors or just go back to the old design of the tower interior.

Radical

Banned
Tower Renovation was sweet/funny,

Doing an episode after Teen Titans GO! To The Movies, sweet, I'll be seeing the movie soon though.
The Teen Titans rebuilding the T-Tower, great comedy there.
The evil corrupt city inspector, my favorite great horrible minor villain.
The House Hunters segment, funny, hehehe.
Cyborg eating wood and steel pooping out planks and girders, so funny, hahahahaha.
Starfire/Beast Boy were cute as beavers.
Raven/Starfire annoyed of Robin's speeches was hilarious, hahahahahaha.
The Teen Titans vs. the evil city inspector was great/funny.
Robin to bribe the evil corrupt city inspector was funny, but a terrible message though.
The Teen Titans finally rebuilded their T-Tower, sweet, but it gets destroyed again, the poor guys.

I hope Slade/Deathstroke gets a major role in the show soon after the movie maybe.

Last edited:

disneyphilip

It may just be me, but I feel like there has been a slight increase in drama in the show this season and not just because of it being made at the same time as the movie, especially in episodes like Chicken in the Cradle and Tower Renovation.

Action!

I actually liked his episode. What I didn’t like was the lesson in this episode.

Corwin Haught

I liked the opening scene of Tower Renovation, with Robin freaked out about the film's events and the rest of the Titans trying to go about their day in the rubble of the tower.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Tune in to Teen Titans Go! Cartoon Network will premiere two new episodes, back-to-back, tonight starting at 6:00PM ET!

talkback.jpg
Teen Titans Go! "My Name is Jose"
Episode Debut - October 8th, 2018

The Titans have Raven give them new super powers but have a hard time adjusting.

Teen Titans Go! "The Power of Shrimps"
Episode Debut - October 8h, 2018

Aqualad uses shrimps and prime rib to try to win back Raven.

Comments?

Side-Note
: After these two episodes, at 6:30PM ET Cartoon Network will air a new episode of OK KO! Let's Be Heroes! where the TTG version of Raven will guest star, among other cartoon characters from various other shows. The Talkback for this "Crossover Nexus" special will be hosted on the Cartoon Network forum.
TALKBACK - OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes - "Crossover Nexus" - [10/8]

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts