"Teen Titans Go!" Season Five Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Rate this season

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'll admit, the production company card at the end was clever. A combo of WB's Michigan Frog and the Sit Ubu/Ubu Productions card.

Radical

Deborah Bispo so epic and hot!!!!!
Nostalgia Is Not A Substitute For An Actual Story was great/funny,

Robin not a fan of the 80s' was funny.
Annoyed Raven was so hilarious, hahahahahahaha:p.
Robin/Cyborg's bet was great/funny.
The Teen Titans time traveling to the 1980s', sweet.
Robin, Cyborg, and Beast Boy look great/funny in the 80s' style.
Both Starfire/Raven look so CUTE in 80s' style:anime:.
Cyborg's obnoxious nerdy voice and Raven's valley girl talk were so funny.
Cool seeing The Night Begins To Shine, a cool song.
The 80s' Jerks, my favorite great new minor villains, the Girlfriend Jerkette is cute though.
Karate Jerk, a great reference to Johnny Lawrence, cool seeing another The Karate Kid reference.
The Teen Titans defeating the 80s' Jerks was funny.
Cool seeing the E.T. reference, best classic reference in shows:D.
Love seeing Robin crushed/injured, hehehe, but he loves the 80s' now.
Cyborg winning the bet, sweet, hehehe.
The production company card reference of a Michigan J. Frog/Sit Ubu/Ubu Productions card at the end was awesome:D, and also love the cute meowing cat productions card ending too.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

Teen Titans Go! "Business Ethics Wink Wink"
Episode Debut - February 11th, 2019

Starfire dreams of becoming a successful business alien princess and joins a cookie-selling organization to learn the proper skills.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The lessons about being a successful business was jejune, imo, like last last week's episode about the Super Bowl.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Teen Titans Go! "Business Ethics Wink Wink"

Ugh. This show at its cynical worst.

This show is basically saying that the Girl Scouts are nothing more than a front to sell cookies. Who is that moral for? What kind of edgy credit are they hoping to get by bashing an organization that helps young girls become self-reliant? Who is this message supposed to speak to? Who would ever agree with such a horrible idea, and if they did, why is someone this terrible being catered to? I guess obnoxious loudmouths deserve representation on television too, but as far as I'm concerned, they're over-represented as it is.

And that gag with the kittens and the puppies is appalling. Raven essentially kills them when Star can't make a decision, and kills one of them when she can. I don't know why the writers think I'll find that funny. It's terrible. It is well known fact that if you kill a dog on-screen in a movie or TV show, the audience turns against you. A basket of puppies and kittens go into a hellish void and I'm still supposed to like this show? I don't care if it's a cartoon, it's sucky for the same reasons live-action dog killing is.

Any good things? I was surprised at how great the animation of the last 20 seconds of the episode was, where we witnessed the tower getting destroyed on the inside, from the outside. Not only was it a clever gag, but usually whenever something like that happens elsewhere, it's just cartoon nonsense. They actually boarded the sequence here so the hits that blow out of the building are believable. And that not only makes the sequences impressive to look at. It's actually funny too.

But if I have to go to the last 20 seconds of the episode to find anything good, it's not a good episode. *.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

Teen Titans Go! "Genie President"
Episode Debut - February 18th, 2019

Robin hatches a plan to get rich off pennies, but Starfire believes they are magical.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Ah, yes, another of these weird-things-that-Starfire-believes-in really exists episodes.

Chuckled when I saw that cameo of Batman playing that Brainiac boss battle on the Batcomputer.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Teen Titans Go! "Genie President"

Do you know what I imagine happened here? I imagine one of the writers was looking up random information on the internet, or watching something unrelated on the History Channel, and learned that pennies are worth 50% more than their actual value. And then they said out loud to no-one in particular, "That's an episode." And that's why this exists.

The best part of this theory is that it is almost certainly true.

I liked it at any rate. ****.

RoyalRubble

Staff member

Teen Titans Go! "Tall Titan Tales"
Episode Debut - February 25th, 2019

Robin tries to tell some tall tales but the other Titans give their own fractured versions instead.

Comments?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I thought for sure when the John Henry tale came up, there would would quick quip about Steel.

Dolphin in a tree is definitely along the lines of Starfire's mind.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Teen Titans Go! "Tall Titan Tales"

I had a bit of a silly rule early in this show's run in my reviews, that if the episode didn't actually take advantage of the fact that it was a DC Superhero Comics show, and simply did a random comedy episode that you could see on Regular Show, I would give the episode an automatic zero on general principle. I stopped doing that, not only because the random comedy episodes of the later seasons usually wound up better than the nerdy ones with tons of Easter Eggs, but there became so many of them giving every other episode a zero was no longer feasible. But episodes like this are why I had the rule.

To be blunt, the episode may not have taken advantage of the DC Comics premise, but it took advantage of the action cartoon premise. The alien invasion, the transforming train robot, and the squirrel with a potato gun, weren't stuff you'd see on your basic animated sitcom. I can give its creative insanity that much. Plus I pretty much loved all of Cyborg's various crazy exclamations as he hammered a spike.

This would have gotten a zero back in the day. Now it gets an average grade. ***.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
I don't know if they did this already but I want to see an episode where the team finds out that Cyborg is on 4 different teams and the Titans get jealous and act like they cheated on him.

RoyalRubble

Staff member

Teen Titans Go! "I Used To Be A Peoples"
Episode Debut - March 4th, 2019

Robin feels the other Titans are spending too much time together so he encourages them to spend some time alone.

Comments?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I think the one I liked was the Cyborg one, not because it was He-Man but because there was a good lesson in there about investing hard work rather than taking shortcuts.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Teen Titans Go "I Used To Be A Peoples"

Apparently when Starfire is a secret agent, the biggest selling pointing is stroking the Blofeld's stand-in's kitty.

I think the first song they played as Beast Boy walked sound the street as Sticky Joe sounded very similar to The Muppet Show Theme.

Speaking of soundalikes, Scott Menville does a good approximation of Skeletor.

The weak link of the episode was Robin doing Risky Business. And I've seen another cartoon try (and fail) this exact same spoof. If you don't get the actual rights to "Old Time Rock 'N' Roll" the parody automatically sucks. Every time. You either pony up the dough for that song, or make fun of something else. It does not work and is not funny without that specific song. And it always is painful and makes me cringe instead when a show attempts that specific moment on the cheap. It never EVER works.

But most of the rest of the episode did. ***1/2.

TheJLeeTeam

Beak Freak & Bronikitty
I still like the show but I'll admit that I'm getting burnt out by it. I'm starting to prefer Unikitty and DC Super Hero Girls.

RoyalRubble

Staff member

Teen Titans Go! "The Metric System vs. Freedom"
Episode Debut - March 11th, 2019

Robin teaches the other Titans about the difference between the Imperial System and the Metric System.

Comments?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Cyborg's 'give us several examples' made me chuckle but the episode was a bore, imo.

Dudley

Staff member
I enjoyed this episode. I lived overseas where they use the metric system. It’s very efficient. I can’t even keep up with the imperial system measurement conversions (outside of how many inches are in a foot).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Teen Titans Go! "The Metric System Vs. Freedom"

I get that's a satire and slam at Trumpism and American exceptionalism, but I'm not sure the kids in the audience will get that distinction. It seems to me that portraying scientists as evil to little kids is a REALLY bad idea for many reasons. But this is like the least responsible kids show ever so it doesn't actually surprise me.

I like Beast Boy saying he hates liters too. Robin for example.

The runner's nipples joke was super gross.

I'm calling this week a dud. *.