"Teen Titans Go!" Season Five Talkback (Spoilers)

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

Rate this season

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

Teen Titans Go! "How's This For a Special? Spaaaace"
Episode Debut - December 21st, 2018

After receiving a galactic crime alert the Titans take off for an epic space adventure. The Titans have to stop Darkseid's latest scheme but the excitement of the space adventure might be too much for Robin to handle.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

TheJLeeTeam

Beak Freak & Bronikitty
Sep 9, 2018
USA
www.deviantart.com
I haven’t watched it yet but they are showing a space themed titans episode and a space themed unikitty back to back. That reminds me, Is there going to be a TTG/Unikitty crossover? It would make sense because they both have the same animation style and Raven likes ponies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Reflection Universe Teen Titans and Space Babes were pretty funny nods to Star Trek. The bit between Darkseid and the Parademon debating if those were the Teen Titans or not was amusing as well but the 2 parter overall was kinda eh. My attention span was in and out. And they blew up Apokolips which uh in theory took out Darkseid, all of his followers, slaves, and prisoners...

Radical

Banned
Nov 7, 2004
Lacey,Washington
How's This For A Special? Spaaaace was pretty sweet/funny, my next favorite great special,

The Teen Titans going on a space adventure to battle Darkseid, sweet.
Robin's Captain Kirk/Willaim Shatner impression, hahahahahaha.
Starfire, Raven, Cyborg, and Beast Boy in the Star Wars looks, cool, love Star Wars.
Robin as C-3P0 was great/funny, hahahahahaha, nice Star Wars references.
Both Starfire/Raven so cute in the Star Trek uniforms:anime:.
Beast Boy the red uniform, the writers so love making Beast Boy the chew toy, hehehe:p.
The Teen Titans singing the Star Trek opening theme song, hahahahaha.
Cool seeing Darkseid, best new Big Bad supervillain for the Teen Titans, Weird Al awesome/funny for the role:D.
The funny Robin and alien wife scene, hahahahahaha.
The Star Trek references were great/funny, those green alien chicks animated are so hot.
The two-butted monster, hahahahahaha.
The trial with the Teen Titans and Darkseid was great/funny.
Cool that they make Darkseid funny/comedic next to Slade/Deathstroke, Brother Blood, and Trigon on the hardcore serious villains for comedy in Teen Titans Go!.
Darkseid/the Parademons not recognizing the Teen Titans was funny.
The Teen Titans stopping Darkseid blowing up Apokalips, but the poor prisoners/slaves:eek:.

Cool for Teen Titans Go! to do Star Trek next to CareBears, Eek! the Cat, Arthur(Speak Up Francine), Duckman, and Kim Possible.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Teen Titans Go! "How's This For A Special? Spaaaaace: Part 1"

Bold opinion: Star Trek is WAY more fun than Star Wars. I am willing to entertaining a debate over which franchise is better, but Star Trek always gets me excited in a way Star Wars never did. Why?

While it is true Star Wars has more action, (although to be blunt, Star Trek is actually no slouch in that department) and more relatable characters and comic relief, it's just unending misery. All it is is war all the time, and there is no lasting peace, and everybody and all of the heroes wind up sad and defeated, with the exception of two of the Original Trilogy movies. Star Trek on the other hand, is neat and fun, and not freaking life or death all the time. The characters love their jobs, and are actually good at them, which means I can enjoy things too. Tribbles and Holodecks are better than Light Sabers and Death Stars. Because I actually want to see those things.

Besides, there is not a single Star Wars project that has ever done anything remotely as amazing as The Inner Light. What's amazing is that strictly going by quality, even if The Inner Light in in the top five of Next Gen episodes, out of the entirety of the Star Trek franchise, it may not even crack the top ten. It is true that Star Wars does not have as much absolute crap to its name as Star Trek does due to the early years of Next Gen and the entirety of Enterprise. But it has never ever been as great as Star Trek at its best.

Weird Al is literally the best Darkseid of all time. And I'm not just saying that. If DC were smart, they'd replace Tony Todd with him as the "House voice" for the character. I'm not even joking about that. He's amazing.

Funny episode. ****.

Teen Titans Go! "How's This For A Special? Spaaaaace: Part 2"

I think the episode is missing the forest for the trees for why Next Gen always picked super boring Holodeck scenarios instead of anything fun. It is true if a modern person visited a Holodeck they'd be appalled that people from the future actually considered Sherlock Holmes and Dixon Hill fun and worth spending time on. Stipulated. But that's the exact reason the show used those examples. Not because either the writers or the characters were boring, but because their lives WERE an awesome space adventure, and the primitive scenario is actually the unusual and exotic thing, and the thing that excites people who are on an unending adventure. One of the conceits of the Holodeck is that none of the programs would actually appeal to the present-day viewer. This episode seems to be saying that the Holodeck sucks because the programs are boring. But the fun thing about the Holodeck is when the program goes haywire. We're not actually expected to be impressed with the games and programs themselves. It's subversive that they all suck and only become interesting when the Holodeck breaks.

Darkseid has visual aids. Be afraid. Be very afraid. And Darkseid knows those aren't the Titans because their musical skills could only be what they are through years of practice in a mundane life. That was like a perfect joke that paid off the whole Inner Light riff in the first episode.

I love that Cyborg sets the Tribbles on-fire. Do you know what astounds me? That's probably what they Klingons did after the credits rolled. It's played as a lighthearted ending at the end of the episode, but in reality those things would be going out the airlock. In fact, Deep Space Nine (the best Star Trek series, for the record) said that the Klingons actually invaded the Tribble Homeworld and hunted them to extinction. So they will be "No Tribble at all" until five seconds later when the Klingons and Cyborg set them on fire.

For the record Star Trek has always had way more "jiggle" and fanservice than Star Wars. Yeah, even WITH Leia in the slave bikini. That's how bad Star Trek was about stuff like that. And it was even bad on Enterprise which was decades past when it was remotely acceptable by society. Everybody talks about Star Trek's progressive vision of the future. But women were all tools and eye candy on every series besides DS9. Gene Roddenberry was no feminist, and neither were the other male producers after he died.

Cast Weird Al in everything, DC. That's an order. You've got your live-action Justice League sequel right there. ****.

And now my essay about why Weird Al should be cast as the live-action Darkseid, written a few months before Justice League premiered. Everything in the essay would still be true for a potential sequel.

I've been rewatching Teen Titans Go! on DVD and I just had an amazing idea. Do you know who they should get to voice Darkseid in the live-action Justice League film?

"Weird Al" Yankovic.

I'll admit, I'm partly kidding, but there are a ton of actual legit reasons they should do it.

1. Yankovic was the best performance of Darkseid we've ever gotten. It is true it is unlike every other Darkseid interpretation ever because it's funny and silly, but there is no denying he blew Michael Ironside and Andre Braugher away as far as memorable performances go.

2. What do they have to lose? The movie is going to suck either way. It's Snyder. It is doomed to be terrible. But they put Yankovic in it, it's gonna suck less. No matter what. Think I'm wrong? Ever see UHF? One of the lowest quality and worst movies from the 1980's. But it is also one of the funniest and most entertaining. It is a terrible motion picture. But you will legitimately enjoy watching it every time. I refuse to watch anything else with Michael Richards or Victoria Jackson in it. Except UHF. If Al can make me put up with those two idiots, he'll make it so I can tolerate Ben Affleck as Batman. That's what Weird Al brings to the table. He makes crap tolerable. If I'm going to watch a bad Justice League movie, I at least want it to be entertaining.

3. Could you imagine if they DID cast Yankovic and did what Andre Romano did with him in Batman Vs. Robin with Dollmaker and have him play the character completely straight and creepy? Wouldn't that just blow people's minds?

4. Speaking of Batfleck, say what you will about that horrible miscasting, it put butts in the seats of the theater. Mainly fanboys itching to see how bad Affleck would be, but they still paid for their tickets. The buzz worked in the movie's favor, and it earned a lot more money than a movie that depressing and unfun should have.

What do you think? Should I replace Geoff Johns or what?

Last edited:
Reactions: Yojimbo

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
New York City
As a big Trek and Wars fan, I found this two-parter endlessly enjoyable. That said, I do think Trek has better action scenes than the Titans were giving it credit for.

Weird Al's Darkseid makes even mundane stuff funnier than it would be otherwise. But yeah, gotta love how the Titans blow up a planet and don't give it a second thought.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
As a big Trek and Wars fan, I found this two-parter endlessly enjoyable. That said, I do think Trek has better action scenes than the Titans were giving it credit for.
There was not a single problem on The Original Series Kirk wouldn't solve by punching. And the space battles, though rare, are awesome.

Reactions: Gold Guy

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

Teen Titans Go! "BBRBDAY"
Episode Debut - December 31st, 2018

When he isn't invited to Beast Boy's birthday party, Robin throws his own party with special guest Bob Uecker.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Naturally Cyborg would geek out about Uecker but didn't think they'd reference the Marilyn Manson rumor about Rob Stone and Josh Saviano.

That was pretty funny Aqualad thought he would get into the party and nice touch with Batman doing the Batusi and Pain Bot was the DJ. Also that callback to the pee pee dance.

Nice touch with the raccoon foot tipping over the dumpster and eating, lol. Kind of a letdown Robin's last ditch effort was turning himself into a monster kind of like that avocado episode.

Anyone know what episode of Belvedere that was with the Brussels sprouts? Was skimming episode guides and couldn't find it.

I also didn't get the ending. Was that just a random thing or another reference to something?

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Teen Titans Go! "BBRBDAY"

I swooned at the Mr. Belvedere references. Holy crud. When Cyborg says Wesley was the worst I was like "Only somebody who watched that show every week would know that." That's why I liked Wesley actually. He was literally the first misbehaving kid in a sitcom. Ever. He was what he was a few years before Bud Bundy and Bart Simpson. And only someone who watched that show understood that. Mr. Belvedere was a VERY unusual show in that it was about a totally dysfunctional family, before that kind of sitcom even existed. It had the exact same subtext as Married With Children, but since it wasn't quite that mean-spirited, it never got recognized for that fact.

What's Bryce Beckham doing now? The last time I saw him he was doing a "Funny or Die" video about what a loser and jerk Kirk Cameron is for his homophobic Godbothering. And somebody who gets that is someone who turned out okay in my book, dirtbag goatee or not.

For the record, Rob Stone, like John Saviano, DOES bear a passing resemblance to Marilyn Manson. But I actually get the feeling that Cyborg should be the type of superfan who knows those specific urban legends are bogus. Just a hunch.

Oh, my God. This takes me back. If you want to get technical, Mr. Belvedere was a poor show as far as quality goes. But frankly, so was Married... With Children. It's unfair that Married has the place in pop culture it does when Mr. Belvedere actually did it first. ****1/2.

Last edited:

Radical

Banned
Nov 7, 2004
Lacey,Washington
BBRBDAY was great/funny,

Beast Boy having a big birthday party, fun/sweet.
Nice of Beast Boy to not invite Robin, hahahahaha:p.
Robin busting Beast Boy, Cyborg, Starfire, and Raven in the mini-flashback was funny.
Bob Uecker, best guest star, the poor guy to be with Robin.
Cyborg geeking out on Bob Uecker was great/funny.
The Mr. Belvedere references were great:D, Wesley the first bad kid in the sitcom before Bart Simpson.
Beast Boy's big birthday party was great.
Nice seeing Batman/Commissioner Gordon, Painbot, Dave the wolf, and Aqualad.
Robin clashing with Beast Boy on making his birthday party more cooler was funny.
Raven doing the pee pee dance was funny, hahahahaha:p, nice seeing the pee pee dance.
Robin being the villain turning into a mutant party animal monster like the Avogodo was funny, hahahahaha:p.
Cyborg, Beast Boy, Starfire, and Raven stopping Robin was great.
Robin arrested was sweet/satisfying.
Good that Bob Uecker is okay in that hot air balloon at the end.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location

Teen Titans Go! "Slapping Butts and Celebrating For No Reason"
Episode Debut - January 28th, 2019

When the Big Game is threatened, the Titans must infiltrate the football stadium and stop the attack.

Comments?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Feels weird watching this show after 13 episodes of YJ in one month.

Didn't think it would be a sequel to "Kicking a Ball & Pretending to Be Hurt" from season 2. Even got the same director. And a random debut of Vicki Vale, lol.

Felt a little preachy with the general critiques about the NFL, not they'd dare get into the political protest or long term injuries or even admit it's about hanging out with friends and family at viewing parties.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Teen Titans Go! "Slapping Butts And Celebrating For No Reason"

Shows exactly how lame and boring I find football and the Superbowl.

I mean, 13 minutes of gameplay every three hours is why that sport is so boring.

I love Robin's idea of what being shunned entails.

Any questions? What are the other Golden Girls like? I love that the guard blows him a kiss.

Victoria Vale! Raven had a dang good point that it's a bit crazy people care more about this sport's statistics than their own finances. The episode did a bunch of great televised sports cliches too, including the generic halftime show song.

I was a little disappointed they never mentioned concussions but that may have been courting more controversy than they wanted.

Pretty sly and on the ball episode. ****1/2.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location

Teen Titans Go! "Nostalgia Is Not A Substitute For An Actual Story"
Episode Debut - February 4th, 2019
Note: This episode was uploaded on the Cartoon Network website in December 2018.

The Titans time travel back to the 1980s to determine whether or not it was the best decade ever.

Comments?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Meh episode. Though it did make me question if the 80s were good. So... Raven realizes she can't get a ride share to get them to Jump City Mall so... she couldn't just teleport them there?

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
East Northport
She could of but you have to take into account that the Titans are supposed to be pretty stupid, even Raven at this point. Thus doing the whole 80's girl valley gal talk and having no idea about how to use rotary phones and the like. And you know even in the more serious show it does ignore sometimes she could just teleport out of a situation. Honestly I do kind of wish they were either more meta about it sometimes or established more general limitations as to why the Titans don't use their powers besides just "duh we're stupid" a lot but... eh it's better then like in say Aqua Teen Hunger Force with how many times they forget/just didn't have Frylock use his powers and he was suppose to be the intelligent one of that show.

Reactions: Yojimbo

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Amphibia looks pretty deece so far. The premise is like the isekai anime genre, except the main protagonist isn't stuck in a typical fantasy RPG world that most isekai anime take place in.
With all of the drama, hype and rumors going amok- past and present, inside and outside the animation community- I almost just want to escape, a la the late, great Jimi Hendrix:
I wish a happy 52nd birthday to Fred Tatasciore. He's known for many roles like the Hulk, Solomon Grundy, Rocksteady, Megatron, and many more.
This new "Amphibia" show actually looks interesting.
Noggin got a new logo