"Teen Titans Go!" Season Five Talkback (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Rate this season

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Love the Martian Manhunter cameo. Speaking of which, I was delighted to see Zatanna. I must have missed her earlier in the week.
Zatanna was there from the start. She was with Batgirl and Supergirl in the 1st part. The only campers to vanish after their first appearances in this storyline were Batgirl and Wonder Girl (of course).

Reactions: Fone Bone

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

Teen Titans Go! "Communicate Openly"
Episode Debut - July 1st, 2019

Bumblebee becomes the sixth Titan and moves into the Tower but has a hard time adjusting.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I thought Bumblebee would be fully integrated into the title sequence but just in the chibi part. Shrug. But pretty much what I expected the episode to be about with the terrible ending which will be reset next week with no explanation, lol.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Teen Titans Go! "Communicate Openly”

Yeah, I’m not cool with that. Is Bumblebee going to be the series’ punching bag? Because I’m not cool with it. And despite Cyborg being part of the bullying there is an unintended ugly subtext to watching a black girl get repeatedly abused.

I was excited to see Bumblebee dancing in the main titles. But if they are going to turn her into Meg Griffin they never should have added her to the team in the first place. 1/2.

Reactions: Cartoonfan13

Cartoonfan13

Sep 12, 2017
Teen Titans Go! "Communicate Openly”

Yeah, I’m not cool with that. Is Bumblebee going to be the series’ punching bag? Because I’m not cool with it. And despite Cyborg being part of the bullying there is an unintended ugly subtext to watching a black girl get repeatedly abused.

I was excited to see Bumblebee dancing in the main titles. But if they are going to turn her into Meg Griffin they never should have added her to the team in the first place. 1/2.
Last Night's episode was the show's lowest Viewership ratings ever.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Tune in to a new Teen Titans Go! episode, tonight at 6:00PM ET on Cartoon Network!

Teen Titans Go! "Royal Jelly"
Episode Debut - July 8th, 2019

Bumblebee offers to help Robin with his leadership skills by teaching him how to act like a queen bee.

Comments?

Mod Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Teen Titans Go! "Royal Jelly"

Negative impression, mostly because everything fell apart at the end. But to be truthful, it's not like the episode had a ton to love to begin with. It's essentially gross-out stink and puke jokes.

I think this show has the cutest designed bees of any cartoon on the air.

I had never heard of royal jelly before. Part of me suspects the idea is bogus.

That's just a nasty week. *1/2.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Nah, royal jelly is a real thing.

Huh, another bee monster transformation. But it's funny the show went back to the weird unresolved ending that's reset to status quo in the next ep like the first season. Like the one where they were all ghosts at the end.

Funny how the recent DCSHG comic also spent some time on bee 411 like some of this episode did.

Reactions: Fone Bone

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location

Teen Titans Go! "Strength of a Grown Man"
Episode Debut - July 15th, 2019

Needing a hero with shrinking powers, but forgetting about Bumblebee, Robin invites The Atom to join their fight against the Brain.

Comments?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Had a feeling they would continue the stepping on Atom gag from the movie. Good to hear that Oswalt reprised Atom as well.

Also pretty neat they followed up on a few things, like Bumblebee's room is an "addition" to the side of the T, heh.

Last edited:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Teen Titans Go! "Strength Of A Grown Man"

I have never heard a more pathetic sounding Atom. And when the show needs that Patton Oswalt answers the phone. And the guy never seems to pass over a role for any reason.

I have to say, this shows something about the show I've thought recently, but I think it is an opinion that would get me in trouble. But the action sequences are amazing. The movements and blows land harder and cooler than anything currently on Young Justice. And the show is cheap and Flash. That should not actually be true. But it is.

The Brain's actual weakness is that he's top-heavy. I knew it all along.

Pretty good episode. ***1/2.