Teen Titans Go! "No Power" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment on this "Teen Titans Go!" Episode

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
An all-new Teen Titans Go! episode debuts tonight at 7:30pm (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network. Discuss it here!

Teen Titans Go!
"No Power" airs Wednesday, November 6th, 2013 on Cartoon Network

Feeling the other Titans depend too much on their super powers, Robin challenges them to go 24 hours without using their powers. To his distress, they all succeed, leading him to question his own value to the team.

Comments?

Nobodyman

LOL at Robin advertising the show with the old time slot. CN scheduling screws over the producers once again.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
I think I've made this point before but since this episode focuses around the idea I'll say it again: I really like the angle they're going with this series on dealing with Robin's abilities compared to the original Teen Titans. Now since in the original Robin was not only the most recongnizable character but they were trying to make him the most important and in action shows most strongest at least need to have some edge over the other heroes, he at times seemed like the strongest despite not having powers. Yeah Robin could take more hits or take out more foes or even be even/better then the rest of his team, especially in the first season. Which I always never liked especially when I began to realize he was my least liked of the main Titans due to also being the most serious member. So I'm glad in this series, we're pretty getting the reverse of that. Here Robin's lack of powers actually makes him the least useful team member. And in battles and general situations everyone is so much better then him. Heck even without their powers the Titans just use ordinary objects and are still able to accomplish regular tasks and defeat foes even if it means they can't best an obstacle course. And actually to me that makes Robin actually more likeable. Is he more annoying and grating and whiny then the in the original series? Sure but not only is it played more for laughs here but it comes from being at the bottom of the chain. Since even as the leader he is clearly the least of the group, and you can actually symphaize with that. Plus unlike some of the last few weeks the ending of this is rather solid: The Titans seemingly telling Robin they need him right until they can use their powers again and rub it in his face that now they're all the leaders except for him. Part of me wonders if it would of been funnier if Robin pointed out they all technically used their powers during the rules of the contest so were disqualified anyway but this works better as this was obviously Robin being a jerk to the group due to his own insecurity And I am far more in favor of those getting what's coming to them so it works here.

And in general there are some good bits. I like how they actually emphaize the others powers yet their laziness in regular tasks and how they struggle without it: Starfire's sadness at having to use the door (and hey a mustard cameo. Since in case you forgot the original series Starfire apparently loves Mustard as seen in "The Sum Of His Parts"), Beast Boy's failure at opening a pickle Jar, Cyborg unable to heat up his food, and my personal favorite Raven having difficulty just walking around and having to use a rocker and then a moped just to keep up with the rest of the group. There's just something so amusing about someone like Raven having to depend on one of the slowest modes of transportation ever and being stopped constantly by a metal door. And there were other fun bits as well like Robin's song gloating, the Hive's look at confusion at the Titans choice of weaponry and Robin using a duplicate robot to trap in the end of the obstacle course. So yeah I have to say a good epsiode: hit about all the possible jokes it could or at least the major ones, the pacing was right and there wasn't any pointless lag, the ending was solid and it was it's own story. Really I couldn't ask for anything else from this one honestly.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts