"Teen Titans Go!" News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Bob Uecker will guest-star in a Season 5 episode.
Producers Aaron Horvath and Michael Jelenic revealed to SYFY WIRE that the 84-year-old Brewers booth man (and sometimes actor) will appear in a yet-to-be-determined episode in Season 5, after the Teen Titans Go! movie is released.
Apparently, it will be in the annual birthday episode, where Beast Boy competes with Robin as to who will have the best birthday.
"As part of his strategy to win, Robin invites Bob Uecker to his birthday in hopes of luring the other three Titans to his birthday to win," Horvath said about the yet-to-be-produced episode. "There's some Mr. Belvedere episodes that Cyborg is excited to talk to him about, and he offers to give piggy-back rides [laughs] as part of his contract with Robin."
Horvath went on to tell us how this all came about: "In Season 1, I wanted to get him in for something, but I don't remember why. He was a guy who was in a lot of the things that I loved as a kid, Major League being one. I said, 'What about Bob Uecker?' as a joke, but if we could get him it would be awesome. Our casting director said, 'Oh, we can probably make that happen.' So for that particular episode it didn't work, but all of these years later, now that we've established Cyborg's deep love of the '80s, we had a good reason to pull him in. And to get him to play himself, that makes it super fun. We've got a good caricature of current Bob. He's super funny and he got the humor of the show."

Reactions: 1 person

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
I saw a few Tweets that Michael Jelenic said the original Teen Titans would return, but I was waiting for a more official source before posting about it here. It seems no site has covered the WonderCon panel.

The closest thing I found is a comment on Greg Cipes' Instagram. I took a screenshot and circled the relevant comment:
WUlSgew.png

If it is true, then I expect it to be only in an episode of Teen Titans Go. There's also the question of who the "original" Teen Titans are - the ones from the 2003 cartoon, or the ones from the 60s.

EDIT:
At the 3:21 minutes mark in this recording, Jelenic does say they plan on doing more stuff with the original in the future.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
They've found many ways to sneak in old footage of Murakami Teen Titans - in Robin's dreams or a whole episode redubbed, etc. I'm leaning towards this sort or appearance. And addition, there was the convention merch of those TT beating up the TTG Teen Titans. If it's a crossover of dimensions, that would be neat. Though Control Freak already said he rebooted the Murakami universe into TTG so in theory it would be a weird time travel story? Heh heh, look at me trying to think this logically.

Reactions: RoyalRubble

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
Hmm, there was the report season 5 would start in June so them finishing off season 4 in the same month sounds logical. But with these short binge airings and long breaks, it feels kind of weird, a malaise, this show is still in production.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
I for one haven't seen it, but Greg Cipes Tweeted this appeared on Cartoon Network during a re-run of Teen Titans Go!:
Edit: As mentioned below, it's just a screenshot from an episode of TTG, not any foreshaodwing of a Season 6 for the previous Teen Titans cartoon.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
May 14th:
Hulu added season 4 last month, doubt that this ep is part of that season.
I'm going by this comment from someone who works on the show from the TTG Wikia.

May 24th:
Futon Critic lists "Bro-Pocalypse" for Monday May 28th at 6:00PM.

They also have some more episodes - the last from Season 4 and the first couple from Season 5, airing between June 25th - 28th at 7:00AM.

"Mo' Money Mo' Problems"
The Titans make Robin give them a tour of Wayne Manor and discover how fun it is to be rich.
"TV Knight 3"
Batman is more interested in watching TV than participating in his birthday party.
"The Scoop"
The Titans find it odd when Starfire becomes friends with an ice cream scoop.
"Chicken in the Cradle"
Beast Boy neglects his responsibilities, leaving the other Titans to raise his baby chick.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Yeah, it appears they're doing this for most of their shows this summer. You'd think TTG! is popular enough to have its premieres in the afternoon or evening, but I'm pretty sure they will end up airing multiple times per day either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"Kim Possible: So the Drama" is 15 years old.

There will be a Sesame Street airing Tuesday night at 7:00. It's airing on PBS , HBO, TBS, TNT, Tru Tv, Boomerang, and Cartoon Network. The special airing in the latter two is surprising, but not as much. There was a preschool show that aired on the channel in the 1990s called Big Bag, which had Elmo guest star in an episode.
back when the Harvey Weinstein allegations happened i remember saying "well i'm not surprised he's known for being a jerk to certain movies particularly in his treatment in animated movies he acquired and is known for re-cutting live action flims behind director's backs."
They are still airing New Episodes of Max and Ruby???