"Teen Titans Go!" News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doguineta

Super psyched for the HIVE episodes, as it looks like Jinx will FINALLY speak in Season 2. It's been way too long.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
*Crosses fingers* Here's hoping the "The Hive Five" actually involves more then just Gizmo and Jinx talking and them FINALLY bringing back other people to voice the characters. Seriously if they're the stars of the episode there's no excuse for them not to have any voices whatsoever.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
6/19: And what surprise, CN changed the line up.

June 29 is "Beast Man"
June 30 is "Operation In Man"
July 1 is "Nean"
July 2 is "Campfire Stories"
July 3 is "And the Award for Sound Design goes to Rob"

Pity, I was looking forward to "The Hive Five" but since there's only 4 episodes left in season 2 after this marathon, we'll likely be seeing it in July or August anyway.

6/23: Looking at the back cover for Season 2 Part 2 on Amazon, the last 4 episodes will be (one that was supposed to air next week, but overall 4 from the list jjsthekid found):
  • The Hive Five
  • The Return of Slade
  • More of the Same
  • Some of Their Parts
ttgs2pt2_zps0kk1emnz.jpg

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
What on earth could 'And the Award for Sound Design Goes To Rob' be about?
Probably gets obsessed with upgrading the home entertainment system in the living room. Sort of a jab at audiophiles and all those big box stores, maybe. EDIT: Nope.

Here's the logline for it
Raven just wants some piece and quiet for once, and accidentally makes a magical deal that eliminates all sounds.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Also that's going to be the show's 100th episode which CN is promoting not only with the week of premieres but having marathons all week leading up to it. So likely the actual series will be celebrating it within the show as well based on a clip they showed so I'm guessing Raven wants some peace and quiet because the others are making a big deal getting their 100th episode and Robin's likely taking credit for it or something like that.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
A Teen Titans Go Marathon?

They already show it so often they're going to have to just replace every show on the channel with it. I was seriously hoping by the two year point kids would get sick of this show like they with Nick's programming but I guess not if this is happening.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
According to the Cartoon Network July 2015 Premiere Info thread posted by jjsthekid over on the Cartoon Network Forum, there's going to be another week of premieres towards the end of the month (between the 27th-31st). They'll air the final four episodes of season 2, and the season 3 premiere.

Teen Titans Go!
WED Jul 01 - 6:00pm - 223B - Nean
THU Jul 02 - 6:00pm - 224A - Campfire Stories
FRI Jul 03 - 6:00pm - 224B - And the Award for Sound Design Goes to Rob
MON Jul 27 - 6:00pm - 225A - The HIVE Five
TUE Jul 28 - 6:00pm - 225B - The Return of Slade
WED Jul 29 - 6:00pm - 226A - More of the Same
THU Jul 30 - 6:00pm - 226B - Some of Their Parts [SEASON FINALE]
FRI Jul 31 - 6:00pm - 301A - A Cat’s Fancy [SEASON PREMIERE]

Not sure what to expect with these titles, but I'm kind of looking forward to see Slade on the show.

zoombie

I wonder if that is the real Slade that we will see, or will this be a bait and switch like in the original TTG comics, speaking of which, I wonder if other characters will be in that episode like Terra or Ravager. It would be awesome if Ravager and Terra don't get along and thus another thing Raven and Ravager have in common.

ShadowStar

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I hope this show uses Wonder Girl. Why not introduce her in season 3? It would be fun to see Donna.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
7/1: Loglines for all but the season 3 premiere

"The Hive Five," Monday, July 27 at 6 p.m. (ET/PT).

Tired of the Titans, The Hive agrees to take a day off and avoid engaging with their foes - if possible.

"The Return of Slade," Tuesday, July 28 at 6 p.m. (ET/PT).

Beast Boy and Cyborg insist on hiring a clown for a Titans party, even though Robin tells them that clowns are for little kids. When the clown fails to live up to their memories, Cyborg and Beast Boy decide to give the clown some cool updates.

"More of the Same," Wednesday, July 29 at 6 p.m. (ET/PT).

Can the Titans master the four New Year's traditions in order to break the cycle of bad years?

"Some of Their Parts," Thursday, July 30 at 6 p.m. (ET/PT).

Robin uses a prism to split each Titan into the five facets of their personalities so he can choose only the best parts for his ideal crime fighting team.

"A Cat's Fancy," Friday, July 31 at 6 p.m. (ET/PT).

EDIT: Suppose one of these episodes is the one going to be screened at SDCC next week.

"The H.I.V.E. Five" - Can't wait for this one. Looking forward to it since the title was discovered.

The title "Some of Their Parts" at first made me think of the Cyborg-centric Teen Titans season one episode "The Sum of His Parts" but the mention of a prism to split the Titans reminded me of the Mysterious Prism from the Teen Titans Go! season one episode "Colors of Raven."

Based on the logline for "The Return of Slade" with the clown angle, it's neat to look back to an interview released September 3, 2014 where Michael Jelenic revealed he just pitched the clown idea.

"More of the Same" sounds like it's going to be a meta episode.

"A Cat's Fancy" sounds like a Starfire-centric episode. Past episodes seemed to imply her interest in cats and kittens.

EDIT: Looking at this week's credits, it looks like everyone in H.I.V.E. has speaking roles in "The H.I.V.E. Five" - Scott Menville as Billy Numerous, Lauren Tom as Jinx and Gizmo, and Kevin Michael Richardson as Mammoth and See-More. So only Jason Marsden isn't reprising his role (Billy) unfortunately.

7/11: The SDCC 2015 TV Guide had an article on TTG! and gave away something for season 3.

The Halloween episode involves the Titans turning themselves into ghosts to scare H.I.V.E. and a first image is included. Click thumb below.

7/14: There will be an episode almost done entirely in Pig Latin.

Last edited:

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
The Cartoon Network app has been putting up new episodes before their TV premieres. I remember glimpsing at "HIVE Five" being up there, and I just watched "The Return of Slade" there as well.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The Cartoon Network app has been putting up new episodes before their TV premieres. I remember glimpsing at "HIVE Five" being up there, and I just watched "The Return of Slade" there as well.
Hoo boy. I have a strong feeling "The Return of Slade" is going to anger a lot of TT fans.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Will he leave or stay? That's the 52 million dollar question (yes I got that from the Vixen trailer). :p

Alph

He's probably going to join the Justice League at the end of the two-parter only to inexplicably be back with the Titans in the next episode.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
It would be pretty funny if they tried promoting the episode as a tie-in to the upcoming Justice League Vs. Titans movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts