"Teen Titans Go!" News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I loved the old Teen Titans series, but the new one sounds not so great. The old show had a lot of comedy, but also a lot of action. If the new show is all comedy, I think I'll pass.

Lighthammer

Bringer of the Light
Huh, this is quiet interesting.

As much as I like continuity and generally hate when characters are showing up in multiple series in premier at the same time.

I'm still honestly not super happy about the DTV movies not making some sort of continuity attempt, but I do have to admit, on the series animation front, DC is "getting away with it" in my book, which is high accolades coming from me. I guess its because DC has two very well known continuity buffs both wanting to do more and more series.

As far as the DC block goes --- I think they are approaching a point where the block has a solid two hours worth of fodder with some series that can be swapped out while waiting for new premiers.

In my mind if we don't get another season of Young Justice I will be HIGHLY stunned and even at that, I am very much expecting Greg Weisman either will or has successfully pitched another series.

Beyond that, we've been hearing pretty firm rumors that there is another Superman series set in the new Timverse that might be announced at Comic Con this year.

There's just all kinds of great things coming down the pipe line. The only thing that makes me sad about all this is it seems as though one of the causalities may well have been Generator Rex. It seems as though Cartoon Network pitched that series =(.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
Teen Titans is WAY better than SBFF in any form. It's just a knock off of Gotham Girls. Although it is okay since it's a DC thing too, but still.

Aside from being shorts starring 3 female protagonists, SBFF is nothing like Gotham Girls. And this is strictly opinion, but the 3 or 4 SBFF shorts I've seen so far I've found more entertaining that all of Teen Titans combined. Why is CN so reluctant to have a show with female leads? Their biggest commercial success to date was The Powerpuff Girls, for crying out loud. I'd have much rather gotten an SBFF series than more TT; the shorts are enough for me. I actually don't mind the lighter, more comedic approach this series is set to take, but I'd rather see a series based on a new franchise rather than CN and WB try to squeeze more juice out of a show which already has 5 seasons under its' belt.

Last edited by a moderator:
As exited as I am at the announcement of a new DC show, I hope this doesn't kneecap the possibility of a new Superman series in 2014. Eh, I'm probably just worrying over nothing.

Between Green Lantern, Young Justice and the upcoming Beware the Batman, there are enough serious DC shows on the lineup. A funny show will make for a nice change of pace.

Here here!

Hordesman

slashor
It's a higher priority franchise. It seems to me that 1, DC shorts is some sort of a pilot program and 2, some sort of Titans project had traction because the cartoon team line-up is one of the SDCC exclusives this year.

Skaddix

Aside from being shorts starring 3 female protagonists, SBFF is nothing like Gotham Girls. And this is strictly opinion, but the 3 or 4 SBFF shorts I've seen so far I've found more entertaining that all of Teen Titans combined. Why is CN so reluctant to have a show with female leads? Their biggest commercial success to date was The Powerpuff Girls, for crying out loud. I'd have much rather gotten an SBFF series than more TT; the shorts are enough for me. I actually don't mind the lighter, more comedic approach this series is set to take, but I'd rather see a series based on a new franchise rather than CN and WB try to squeeze more juice out of a show which already has 5 seasons under its' belt.

Really Powerpuff Girls, Learn something new everyday. Although I think Cartoon Network just went with proven success. Not to mention CN has never done a team show from DC with no diversity so 3 White Girls might have been a sticking point. Although PowerPuff Girls is probably the best analogy for SBFF now that I think about it. Even have the same hair colors although I think the matches are Supergirl as blossom, Wonder Girl as buttercup and Batgirl as Bubbles.

pyue

I'm stoked for this new Titans series! Starfire is my favorite comic book character, so it's nice to see more of her animated, even if the Teen Titans cartoon version isn't my favorite.
I also like how the art style is somewhere in between the chibi shorts and the regular art style of the old show.

However, what I would've liked more than anything is an even more serious Teen Titans like Young Justice. I would love to see Phil Bourassa do designs of Raven and Starfire. Though perhaps a serious Teen Titans like I speak of would be too similar to Young Justice, so I can see why a less serious route was taken when making this new show.

zoombie

I like Teen Titans better than Young Justice. At least the Titans didn't feel like a junior Justice Legue, which is what we constantly reminded of in Young Justice.

SigmasonicX

The World's Finest article is being blocked by Firefox as an attack site. Is this happening to anyone else?

In any case, I do hope this leads to more shorts becoming full shows, such as Super Best Friends Forever.

Dragnatek

I hated the original teen Titans cartoon. It is my least favorite DC cartoon in the last twenty years. I feel that the anime expressions were over done and poor done and that often the comedy got in the way of a perfectly good episode. The show was very funny at times but when it tried to be serous it feel flat. It's plots seems poorly written and none of the story lines had decent conclusions. When the show tried to be serous it was often boring.

That being said I'm enjoying the New teen titans shorts much more then I thought I would. However while they are very funny for shorts can that humor stay consistant for a 22 minute show? i honestly doubt it.

Now yes I realize this is unrelated but sigh the teen titans cartoon refuses to die yet the DTV adaptation of Judas Contract is still not going to see the light of day. Like DC is afraid to anime the real Teen Titans or something. Yes I know that's not the reason that's just my anger, these watered down and super annoying (in my opinion) version of characters I love continues to be the only versions of these characters people will know.

Dragnatek

Obviously, you have never seen The Zeta Project. :p

Liked it more then Teen Titans. Also while yes it is a DC cartoon it's not based on any comic or existing character. Remove the Batman Beyond cross overs and it could be it's own show unrelated to DC.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
I just like the Titans better (than Young Justice). I like that they stand on their own, and we don't see the Justice League. That is just my opinion.

I didn't necessarily mind how we never saw the League on TT, as it was the kids' show, but what I didn't like was how TT acted as though the adult heroes didn't exist at all, beyond 2 nods to Bruce Wayne/Batman. Even if the adult capes never appeared on camera, the show could have acknowledged that they were around (in fact, that could be a cool idea for a show: teen sidekicks having wacky adventures while their adult counterparts are off saving the world), rather than just plonking a bunch of kids into their own tower and putting them in charge of protecting a city with no adult supervision and no visible source of income, and then having all these big bads take over the city and in the case of Trigon, the entire planet with nary a trace of a League member or any adult capes of any kind. That was just too much for me to accept, even for fiction. The occasional nod or reference to the adult heroes once in a while would have been preferable to nothing at all.

At least YJ acknowledges that these are just kids and their mentors are still very much a part of their lives.

Funkatron

So these will be like expansions on the DC shorts we've seen?

I'm interested, though I'd prefer the original series' art style.
I think I prefer the New Teen Titans shorts style more than this one

In that case, they should have made Super Best Friends Forever a show instead of Teen Titans Go.

Agreed. Aren't the SBFF shorts already done by Lauren Faust? With her success with MLPFIM under her belt, she should have no problem helming a full on show

I get that people are concerned about how the press release is playing up the comedy angle, but do take notice that the show is still referred to as an action-comedy, so that has to account for something.

RoryWilliams

Yes I know that's not the reason that's just my anger, these watered down and super annoying (in my opinion) version of characters I love continues to be the only versions of these characters people will know.

Given the sales on the DVD movies, the Judas contract wasn't gonna change that, bro. The average viewership was higher than even the best-selling DC DVD movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts