"Teen Titans Go!" News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,675 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com

Yippee Coyote

Graphic Novelist
Oct 7, 2014
Ratings
127 1
Augusta, MD
10/26: Clip and images for this Thursday's "Scary Figure Dance".

Alternatively, I heard the full episode is on the CN app.
I don't know if it still is, as it was recently removed from my On Demand service, which is usually in sync with what is featured on the app. I was watching CN On Demand a few days ago and found the episode, but only the SD version was available (on my provider, the HD and SD Cartoon Network programs are on the same page). Needless to say, I started watching it, but then my On Demand service pulled the program when I was less than halfway through the episode. It was barely on there, perhaps for less than a day.

@James Harvey, not to nitpick, but only the first and last episodes mentioned on your last post had accurate descriptions. But I also noticed this error on my aforementioned On Demand service, so I assume this was a communication error. The episode "A Farce" had nothing to do with squirrels or cartoon violence, it was about a lawsuit against the Titans for property damage to Jump City. Is that associated description referencing a future episode, perhaps?

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,675 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I don't know if it still is, as it was recently removed from my On Demand service, which is usually in sync with what is featured on the app. I was watching CN On Demand a few days ago and found the episode, but only the SD version was available (on my provider, the HD and SD Cartoon Network programs are on the same page). Needless to say, I started watching it, but then my On Demand service pulled the program when I was less than halfway through the episode. It was barely on there, perhaps for less than a day.
Thank you for clarifying. How odd of it to be pulled.

but only the first and last episodes mentioned on your last post had accurate descriptions. But I also noticed this error on my aforementioned On Demand service, so I assume this was a communication error. The episode "A Farce" had nothing to do with squirrels or cartoon violence, it was about a lawsuit against the Titans for property damage to Jump City. Is that associated description referencing a future episode, perhaps?
I also noticed CN got that wrong and also initially they had the logline for "The Fourth Wall" as the log line for "40%, 40%, and 20%" and had nothing for "The Fourth Wall" for a while. I'll bet the 'squirrel' logline is for another episode. I think of the titles we know of that are yet to air, maybe the one titled "Squash and Stretch" or "Animals: It's Just a Word"

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Ratings
1,233 3
Toonzone
www.worldsfinestonline.com
@James Harvey, not to nitpick, but only the first and last episodes mentioned on your last post had accurate descriptions. But I also noticed this error on my aforementioned On Demand service, so I assume this was a communication error. The episode "A Farce" had nothing to do with squirrels or cartoon violence, it was about a lawsuit against the Titans for property damage to Jump City. Is that associated description referencing a future episode, perhaps?
These were the details that Cartoon Network provided me as part of their monthly programming highlights, a document given to the press and television services to promote upcoming network events. This isn't the first time, and likely not the last, the network has passed over mismatching loglines.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,675 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Ratings
1,233 3
Toonzone
Cartoon Network has provided the following loglines for the November-debuting episodes of Teen Titans Go! Based on the details provided, some episode loglines may not accurately represent the actual episode. But also keep in mind these are details provided by Cartoon Network and are therefore considered official. Teen Titans Go! debuts new episodes Thursdays at 6pm (ET).

-Thursday, November 5: "Animals: It’s Just a Word" – (CN provided loglines for "A Farce", details to be provided at a later date)
-Thursday, November 12: "BBB Day!" – It's Beast Boy's birthday! But will the other Titans remember?
-Thursday, November 19: "Black Friday" – (details to be provided at a later date).
-Thursday, November 26: "Two Parter: Part One" – The Titans visit the Hall of Justice to use the pool, but then decide to check out the inside.
-Thursday, November 26: "Two Parter: Part Two" – The Titans must save the members of the Justice League from the clutches of the supervillain Darkseid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg91

Reporter
Dec 30, 2013
Ratings
1,765 5
Canada
Booyah! Another Christmas episode! I hope it's better than Second Christmas. That episode was amusing enough, but it was also a bit mean-spirited for the Titans (besides Robin) to trick Starfire. Looks like the second TTG! thread is coming up. How long did that take? :raven:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,675 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
11/12:
Special programming airing the day before Thanksgiving (according to Zap2It)
4:00pm - Free Birds (movie premiere)
6:00pm - Lego Scooby-Doo: Knight Time Terror
6:30pm - New Teen Titans Go half hour episode titled "Two-Parter"
7:00pm - TV premiere of Regular Show: The Movie
As a programming update for the 2 part "Two Parter", it seems it will be airing Wednesday November 25 from 6:30-7 pm eastern instead of the usual Thursday slot. Phew!

11/14: CN released two clips for Thursday's "Black Friday"
Starfire is visited by three ghosts and shown the true meaning of Black Friday.

11/23: Two Clips for "Two Parter" and 15 images.

A third from CN. This is the opening up to the 3:51 mark of the episode. Clip 1 above is part of this one, too.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,675 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
11/28: Synopsis from "The True Meaning of Christmas" is up on CN's site.
Fed up with never getting presents from Santa, the Titans head to the north pole to take themselves off the Naughty List... by any means necessary.
The new Thursday promo is also on TV, so looks like the guest star is Santa Claus himself this time.

11/30: Clip and images for "The True Meaning of Christmas"

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Ratings
1,233 3
Toonzone
Details for episodes of Teen Titans Go! debuting in January 2016 can be found below. Teen Titans Go! airs Thursdays at 6pm (ET) on Cartoon Network:

Thursday, January 7
"Squash and Stretch" - The Titans learn about cartoon-style violence in order to get revenge on a snack-stealing squirrel.

Thursday, January 14
"Garage Sale" - Robin makes the other Titans sell their treasured mementos from past episodes.

Thursday, January 21
"Secret Garden"
No synopsis provided.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,675 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
The first episode sounds...familiar. Hopefully it doesn't feel like a retread.
1/3: It'll probably be like "Birds" or "Nature." I admit I also get deja vu with loglines a lot now with TTG!

1/6: 2 clips for tomorrow's "Squash & Stretch"

1/13: Clip and images for tomorrow's "Garage Sale"
https://www.toonzone.net/2016/01/clip-garage-sale-for-teen-titans-go-on-january-14-2016/

Also, I saw the episode already and expect it to be very meta. Viewers should love the last segment, great homage.

Ahsoka

Jan 7, 2002
Ratings
There have been a lot of meta episodes lately. It seems like something a show like this would do as it approaches the end of its run. Teen Titans Go! has been really solid and really enjoyable. I'm not surprised it's the top-rated series on CN so I doubt it'll be going away any time soon. When was the last episode order announced and are we into that group of episodes? How many confirmed episodes are left?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,675 21
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
There have been a lot of meta episodes lately. It seems like something a show like this would do as it approaches the end of its run. Teen Titans Go! has been really solid and really enjoyable. I'm not surprised it's the top-rated series on CN so I doubt it'll be going away any time soon. When was the last episode order announced and are we into that group of episodes? How many confirmed episodes are left?
When it was announced for a season 3 on February 19, 2015, they never said how many episodes total. But "Garage Sale" is the 21st episode of season 3. When we see the March schedule, we'll have implied confirmation this a 52 episode season like season 1 and 2 or if the series ends in February. I'm pretty sure it's the former unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.